Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Depends on how much you feel like grinding. You like grinding? And dress up? Then get to it!
    You mean like every other Phantasy Star game ever?

In my opinion, grinding is what makes this game fun. It's just that the rare drop rates are atrocious for the time being; hence why I stated earlier that now would be the best time to join due to the Triple Boost Event we have coming up on Sunday (11:00 AM EDT, to be exact).

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    This is a good point. If you play on the same ship you can start a new char for free and have shared storage without getting rid of your old character.

Assuming you have adequate free time it wouldn't take more than 4-5 days to get back to level 40 if you catch a good number of emergency quests.
    Not how it works. You can only have two characters per account if it is an older account. Newer accounts can take advantage of a character creation 'exploit' to have three characters for free, but this privilege is lost automatically when somebody with this advantage deletes one of their free character slots.

To create a new character, one of unicorn's current characters would either need to be deleted or more funds would need to be added to the account (I believe it is 350 AC to make each new character, but I could be mistaken there). I would suggest to unicorn, personally, that the character on a ship other than Ship 2 should be deleted (hopefully, the Ship 2 one is their main), then go ahead and create your second character on Ship 2 so you can share the same storage. Gives you a good early boost into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blundy View Post
    koffie quests literally dunk levels into you as long as you arn't class hopping. you'll be on the front lines in no time.
    Definitely.

Focus on one class at-a-time, if possible. If you plan on making a sub-class that isn't from your same main-class, still focus on your main character first and don't switch classes until you are ready to start grinding (i.e. find enough 1 S-ATK/R-ATK/T-ATK 7* equips to start you out easily and take advantage of the PA/Technique Disc exploit that allows you to learn all of your PAs and Techniques for other classes with your main class stats).

Koffie and Echo (Azanami as well if you are a Braver) give you a huge head-start into the game. By the time you finish Forest, you should be ~Lv. 13-16 easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexob View Post
    I was on the fence about starting, but honestly, even if they do launch in the US - the game will probably NEVER make it to Ep2 like the JP version. PSU the US support was over a year behind...no reason to even bother. With all of the work some members have put into translations, I forget sometimes the game is in another language.

I'm getting ready to turn off the translations though mostly, b/c I've learned everything now without having to see then English.
    Not to forget to mention that Episode 2 certainly isn't the last Episode of PSO2 (at all) if SEGA's hinting towards another 10 years of continued support has anything to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    Not how it works. You can only have two characters per account if it is an older account. Newer accounts can take advantage of a character creation 'exploit' to have three characters for free, but this privilege is lost automatically when
    Not sure why you are assuming he has 2 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    Not sure why you are assuming he has 2 characters.
    Didn't you look at unicorn's signature before posting? A 'FOcaseal' is only available in PSO2. :/

I did not, but seeing as how he is level 15 then that is basically 1 day of work.

Just so everyone knows, people that had two or more characters still got a free slot upon the episode 2 update. It's just that if you delete any slots when you have more than two, it'll require AC to create another slot again.
    Last edited by blace; Aug 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Just so everyone knows, people that had two or more characters still got a free slot upon the episode 2 update. It's just that if you delete any slots when you have more than two, it'll require AC to create another slot again.
    Thanks for the clarification~