Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it worth restarting?

I havent played in like over a year, and I wasnt thoroughly impressed by the game then. But now I'm missing PSO/U and the US version is taking ages so.... is it worth starting all over again? I wouldnt want to continue raising my previous character because...eh, not feeling it.

I heard about Dewmans being in it now, are they available in character creation? Or is that something you have to unlock? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I havent played in like over a year, and I wasnt thoroughly impressed by the game then. But now I'm missing PSO/U and the US version is taking ages so.... is it worth starting all over again? I wouldnt want to continue raising my previous character because...eh, not feeling it.

I heard about Dewmans being in it now, are they available in character creation? Or is that something you have to unlock? o_O
    Deumans are available by default as one of the four races to choose from in the Character Creator.

I would say it is definitely the perfect time to start over again. The community is vast, and we're in the midst of a Triple Boost Event, so you can get your bearings much faster within the coming week. If you are interested in English translations for the game, or just want a better launcher for it than the normal SEGA JP one, you can download PSO2 Tweaker here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

Hope to see you around~

They're available normally.

By the way, if you still have your old account, all accounts now have 2 character slots. So if you had anything worthwhile, you can start with what you had.

Well, Client Order quests are nerfed down and it's a bit easier to level. Getting a Mag just takes one Fangfur meat, now. And unlocking new areas doesn't require an S-Rank in each area Koffee sends you to. Just run and get to the third area.

Ever since Episode 2 released, the game wants us to get there as fast as we can. So, don't worry too much about grinding levels.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Depends on how much you feel like grinding. You like grinding? And dress up? Then get to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    By the way, if you still have your old account, all accounts now have 2 character slots. So if you had anything worthwhile, you can start with what you had.
    This is a good point. If you play on the same ship you can start a new char for free and have shared storage without getting rid of your old character.

Assuming you have adequate free time it wouldn't take more than 4-5 days to get back to level 40 if you catch a good number of emergency quests.

Yeah, I can definitely vouch for being able to restart and catch up leveling quick. Deleted and remade my old main (Was only level 49, so eh), and i'm moving at a pretty comfortable pace. Plus with later areas getting Normal modes to them now for lower levels to experience sooner, it's been pretty fun.

I find myself going to the Sanctum alot. Dat music.

koffie quests literally dunk levels into you as long as you arn't class hopping. you'll be on the front lines in no time.
    "A good job is a constant pileup of many much simpler tasks being done well."

I was on the fence about starting, but honestly, even if they do launch in the US - the game will probably NEVER make it to Ep2 like the JP version. PSU the US support was over a year behind...no reason to even bother. With all of the work some members have put into translations, I forget sometimes the game is in another language.

I'm getting ready to turn off the translations though mostly, b/c I've learned everything now without having to see then English.