Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Living unwritten poetry. CloudChaser's Avatar

Default Anyone else notice this XP?

I've been playing PSO2 for a few months now. When I wanted to start trying out a new class I used a simple trick where I used my higher level classes to do high exp CO's and then switch to my other class to give it the xp. But I've noticed lately that every mission I do with my GU class is worth 15000-18000XP but when I switch to the new class I'm trying out it only becomes worth 1200-1500XP. Was this part of one of the updates, to stop people from speed leveling, that I just didn't notice til now? Because I used to do this alot when I'm trying out a new class to get it to a higher level and see what it can actually do and have fun with it.

No I'm not lazy I just don't feel like spamming the forest, volcano, and desert for hours. This may be the one reason I miss CBB.
    "You get depressed because you know you're not what you should be." -Marilyn Manson

Cloud: Ship 2: Ur, Class: Working on Te/Fo. Team: Phantom Knights.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

They nerfed exp for lower levels because SEGA thinks grinding is fun and shortcutting to a good level like 40, where the fun happens, is not fun

This has been around since either just after launch, or always. It's just exp scaling.

You can turn these COs in on your main class while subbing the class you want to level, and since the subclass exp gains aren't penalized like that you can often times gain more exp for the class than if you tried turning it in while maining it. It's kind of funny, you'd think they'd want to limit that, but I guess it was too much work.

The EXP penalty are just too great, i guess. Can anyone tell how much the reduction % when the difference in level is 11?
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by CloudChaser View Post
    I've been playing PSO2 for a few months now. When I wanted to start trying out a new class I used a simple trick where I used my higher level classes to do high exp CO's and then switch to my other class to give it the xp. But I've noticed lately that every mission I do with my GU class is worth 15000-18000XP but when I switch to the new class I'm trying out it only becomes worth 1200-1500XP. Was this part of one of the updates, to stop people from speed leveling, that I just didn't notice til now? Because I used to do this alot when I'm trying out a new class to get it to a higher level and see what it can actually do and have fun with it.

No I'm not lazy I just don't feel like spamming the forest, volcano, and desert for hours. This may be the one reason I miss CBB.
    No, its more that you're turning in a very high level co into a low level class. CO's have levels that they're all supposed to be done at and usually these are based on when you can actually do them. EXP will be nerfed for these severely if you turn in something very high into a very low class clearly. Of course, once the class levels up more, the nerf % decreases. And of course, doing CO's around that classes level and turning those in will help too. Its been there a long time now, but it hardly stops speed leveling. You may just need more CO's than you thought you might.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    No, its more that you're turning in a very high level co into a low level class. CO's have levels that they're all supposed to be done at and usually these are based on when you can actually do them. EXP will be nerfed for these severely if you turn in something very high into a very low class clearly. Of course, once the class levels up more, the nerf % decreases. And of course, doing CO's around that classes level and turning those in will help too. Its been there a long time now, but it hardly stops speed leveling. You may just need more CO's than you thought you might.
    I figured as much:/ Dammit. Anyone have a clue as to the fastest way to get this done?
    "You get depressed because you know you're not what you should be." -Marilyn Manson

Not sure, but I wound up getting Braver to 30 or so while subbing it under level 45 Ranger while only playing casually. I'd only really gotten back into playing about a week and a half ago. Now Nikoshae is a 46-ish Braver, and Ranger is level 50 lol

The EXP comes quick as a subclass if you really work on it. High level CO's may be more beneficial turned in for the higher level class, because you gain 10% of that as your subclass. It's not 10% of what the EXP would have been for your subclass, but rather just a flat 10% of what your main class gets.

Also, if you're killing higher-end stuff with an EXP boost on you're gaining 10% of the end result of those EXP gains. So, say after an exp boost you're getting 500 exp from killing something. Subclass gets 50 of that.

I like the new system. It winds up helping to make subclass leveling a little less tedious. Too bad it doesn't go all the way to 60, though, cuz I could wind up getting ranger to 60 without having to switch lol...

There is a subclass level cap for getting XP from main class?

Quote Originally Posted by CloudChaser View Post
    There is a subclass level cap for getting XP from main class?
    Subclasses gain 10% exp from kills and COs until lvl 40.

So if I threw Force as a subclass to my Gunner it would be more beneficial? I have XP bossters up the ass and meseta boosters as well, I need to pretty much make as much meseta as possible I need 6 mil by the time I achieve Techer, StrikerHunter is gonna help because he is a badass who can help me rape Big V on Hard. other than that I only see my subclass getting maybe 18 by the end of the weekend. But I appreciate the input everyone