Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    Here I was thinking that I just got my character to Lv. 20 easily and that I'd be Lv. 30 by the end of Sunday. NOPE! NOOOPE!

It's literally like you hit a brick wall at Lv. 20. Honestly, I haven't ever seen something like this before. It practically forces you to start focusing on getting a sub-class quickly so that you can level up faster along with doing COs.

Guess it's time to start grinding my Force class to Lv. 30...
    20-30 used to be the week long wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    So I heard.

When it comes to leveling, SEGA clearly doesn't know how to properly adjust the amount of EXP you get from enemies, quests, and client orders in this game whatsoever. It's like they took what they learned from PSO and tossed it out the window.

Whatever. It's an inconvenience, but I'll get over it. Gives me time to work on my Force and find better equips for my Hunter. She'll be the perfect representation of Alis Landale from Phantasy Star I, complete with a proficiency in all-around based melee stats, fire and wind techs, as well as support as soon as I'm done with her.

(Quite amusing when you think about the similarities you can draw from previous characters in the Phantasy Star franchise and attribute them to a specific race and class/sub-class in this game.)

In hindsight, the reason SEGA probably did this was to entice players into putting effort into building up their other classes and start making more use of sub-classes. Because, as we all know, there are newbies to the franchise that come in and think they like to know everything about the game and completely avoid the essentials like sub-classes, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post
    They nerfed exp for lower levels because SEGA thinks grinding is fun and shortcutting to a good level like 40, where the fun happens, is not fun
    It's because it's very basic game balance.

"Obtaining a good/profitable weapon as a drop like Elder Pain is fun and shortcutting to 100m is great!!!"

Except if everyone had Elder Pains, they'd be worth 1k each and be another piece of junk and you wouldn't be having fun.

Of course, levels are different and what's fun to you is subjective data anyways. I could say depending on my mood that fun only begins at level 45 or even 50, or that it's fun from the get-go and on. SEGA doesn't care as much about this as it does common sense behind balancing a game.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    Yeah that's when it turned total grindfest. I even started doing the MB because of how little there was to do!

Now it's a bit different, since Koffie gives out EXP, and there are a ton of new EQs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post

"Obtaining a good/profitable weapon as a drop like Elder Pain is fun and shortcutting to 100m is great!!!"

Except if everyone had Elder Pains, they'd be worth 1k each and be another piece of junk and you wouldn't be having fun.

Of course, levels are different and what's fun to you is subjective data anyways. I could say depending on my mood that fun only begins at level 45 or even 50, or that it's fun from the get-go and on. SEGA doesn't care as much about this as it does common sense behind balancing a game.
    I don't know what that has to do with anything, but you can't get any valuable items in anything but VH.

Getting to lv40 isn't like finding an uber rare best in slot gear where you're set for life. It's like finding your first sword and finally having all the PAs. You haven't even played the game yet without em.

So someone said something about missions giving exp? I just started playing again since level 40 was the cap so I'm curious as to how I receive this exp. I'm pretty sure I don't get it from missions I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post

itt: reaching very hard is exactly the same as finding an elder goddamn pain

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    tbh with BB lvling from 20-40 was easy and fun. but without BB its hard lvling from 20 to 40....

They should bring back the quest permanently except that Chrome Dragon is end boss instead.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    So someone said something about missions giving exp? I just started playing again since level 40 was the cap so I'm curious as to how I receive this exp. I'm pretty sure I don't get it from missions I do.
    Do VH TACOs and you'd see what people are talking about. There is one for every area and you can do each separate TACO once daily. B20 is the best place to find 'em.

There are some daily COs that don't get scaled very much that you could do. The ones that come to mind are the ones that ask you to run certain quests like 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by dejixal View Post
    There are some daily COs that don't get scaled very much that you could do. The ones that come to mind are the ones that ask you to run certain quests like 3 times.
    Yeah. Usually Daily Orders are a good way to level from early on in the game (particularly, the Enemy Defeat/Quest Completion DOs) along with Koffie's Client Orders. COs just in general, really.

It's when you get to the higher levels that doing TACOs become the standard for leveling.