Thread: PSO-W Chat?

Default PSO-W Chat?

Just wondering where chat went, or why it was removed?

I'm pretty sure the site has had various iterations of a chat program or chat room. At least as far as I can remember.

Is there no reason not to bring it back?

Would it be to costly?

Would it not be worth it?

Do you have no one who could code such a thing?

Am I just not seeing it?

Then again, I guess you can always get on your favorite messenger once you find someone you can talk to, if their messenger links are still up to date. (For Ex: Mine are not, since alot of my messenger names get stolen or deactivated due to age. Sad state of affairs, I know.)

But hey, open chat was never a bad place to meet active people on a site.
    The more things change... The more they stay the same...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

There was an IRC (as I'm sure you recall), but it got removed. Don't remember why. Plus I think that'd be more work, and PSOW seems stretched thin as it is.

I talk to quite a few people from here, but they're not on PSOW anymore, for various reasons. Plus instant message clients are around so...yeah. I suppose that everyone who wants to talk to someone is already talking to them, maybe? Though I would definitely support an open chatroom for PSOW. Would have to be moderated a lot, though, considering it seems like people like getting at each other quite a bit lately.

I recall ALOT of banning from the chat room. And sometimes that would lead to alot of warnings, and then the perma ban from the person sinking the nail in their own coffin by mouthing off even more.

It's possible it would need to be watched over too heavily to be of use. But, I think it would be a nice tool to use to meet up with other players a little bit more easily.

Or ya know, just BS with other members on the site.
    The more things change... The more they stay the same...

I think something like how Facebook has, where you chat with only the people you're friends with, would work great.
    I know PSO-W is spread thin, but it would be more interesting, and I'm sure would keep the people that join for more recent purposes.
    I know I'd come here a lot more... Though I check in every day at least... but since I don't play any Phantasy Star games anymore, I don't really look at the forums outside of FKL and Off-Topic.

Quote Originally Posted by DB View Post
    Just wondering where chat went...
    There's The Ship2 Voice Chat, which also offers text chat built in and has text-to-speech for those who don't want to use a mic. Usually a good 10-20 people on each night. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192873

There's also the upcoming SHIP2 Second Screen Companion App, which will have real-time distress calls etc....
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192873

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

That's...not really what he was looking for.

Anyway, I think a new IRC or such would be a pain for them to maintain. Not sure how much blood is left in the mod group; I'd be worried they'd be stretched thin.

I joined the IRC a few times in the past, but each time with ongoing arguments. I can't say I miss it though.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.