Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

A second article has been posted detailing how to defeat a Gigantes using the Pile weapon.

Pile weapons look like the Astral Riser weapon from Infinity. If you participated in one of the PSO2Vita tests, you may have a promo version of this item. Anyways, one way to defeating a Gigantes is to take control of if by using a pile. Hiting a some of the Gigantes' armor with an anchor will destroy the armor and get the anchor stuck in to the weak skin underneath. Then you climb up the Gigantes, using a system similar to the one in the Dark Falz Dios fight from Infinity (which is really just using a chat shortcut to create a mid-air platform), and attack the anchor, driving it deeper in to the Gigantes. Once the anchor is far enough inside, you take over control and win the fight.

Shogai mentions at the end that quests that involve taking control of enemies and defeating enemies are actually seperate things. This will likely be explained in another article to be post tonight.
    Last edited by Mike; Sep 11, 2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Adding to the first post

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    how do you even compare a retail title to a f2p mmo
    lol
    I'm not comparing them, but that's besides the fact they are using the exact same character creator to which we probably can reasonably guess that there will be many other notable similarities, the major differences lying within story and apparently this new crafting system.

Either way, you speak as if SEGA hasn't had their hand in awful "offline" games?

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I'm not comparing them, but that's besides the fact they are using the exact same character creator to which we probably can reasonably guess that there will be many other notable similarities, the major differences lying within story and apparently this new crafting system.

Either way, you speak as if SEGA hasn't had their hand in awful "offline" games?
    I wouldn't call it a "new crafting system" it sounds like a re-hashed version of what they tried in PSU...but we'll see. I didn't like the crafting system in PSU a lot, but there are definitely pros and cons to it. In PSU players had to first find the recipe boards which allowed them X number of chances to make an item that generally took several hours for anything 10*+ and most boards had 3 chances with a 33% chance to fail. I apologize if you already knew that.

The most recent spinoffs (Portable series, Zero) have been rather good. They haven't been everyone's cup of tea but in general they've done well. I think this is why people are excited for Nova. Actually getting it in English is a different problem though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexob View Post
    I wouldn't call it a "new crafting system" it sounds like a re-hashed version of what they tried in PSU...but we'll see. I didn't like the crafting system in PSU a lot, but there are definitely pros and cons to it. In PSU players had to first find the recipe boards which allowed them X number of chances to make an item that generally took several hours for anything 10*+ and most boards had 3 chances with a 33% chance to fail. I apologize if you already knew that.
    Sega knows players hated this which is why we haven't seen it since Universe. I'd bet the crafting is going to be more Monster Hunter than Universe. Sega is willing to forget progress if it means a new cash flow though so I may be wrong.
    Last edited by Mike; Sep 11, 2013 at 09:19 AM.

I really hope the gameplay isn't as slow paced as monster hunter. That would seriously annoy me. Also seems kind of dumb to get rid of the signature technology of this series, but meh.

Regardless, as long as it plays decent enough I'm fine. I dislike Monster Hunter's gameplay and I'd rather not see them try to emulate that.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Mustn't...get...excited about this...

Monster Hunter, save me! *Grabs 3DS*
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Mustn't...get...excited about this...

Monster Hunter, save me! *Grabs 3DS*
    -_- Same here En sadly I got a loooong wait hoping the Kickstarts for Mighty No.9 and Shantae meet their funding goals

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    hi

just to make sure people notice

weapons don't drop and have to be crafted. :3
    This is the best part. Assuming it works like MH crafting and not PSU synthing(where stuff can fail).

Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    This is the best part. Assuming it works like MH crafting and not PSU synthing(where stuff can fail).
    Agreeing 100%.

The best part of MH was that the luck was in getting the items, NOT making the weapons. Once you had it it was yours.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Agreeing 100%.

The best part of MH was that the luck was in getting the items, NOT making the weapons. Once you had it it was yours.
    Not to mention the various different type of weapons you can make with that one drop rather to just one weapon.