Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    Not to mention the various different type of weapons you can make with that one drop rather to just one weapon.
    Yeah exactly. You have so many options with your findings. It really was way more satisfying to hunt and find items within hours as opposed to, I don't know, months without results.

The best part of PSO1 for me was hunting and finding items quickly. Find an item, move on to another. Everything had a different specific use. Hunt, find, hunt something else. In MH this just means hunting specific parts and building different items - simple enough for me to enjoy it.

If this game turns out to be a mix up of pso2 with mh style crafting, then fuck yes I will be buying a vita.
    PSO2 Characters

Kais (Male CAST) Ship 9 Hu62 Fi46 Ra53 Gu65 Fo6 Te1 Br36
    Lilith Reiger (Female Deuman) Ship 9 Hu42 Fi1 Ra1 Gu1 Fo20 Te45 Br56

Are we alive or just breathing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    so am I the only one that thinks this PS game is going to just be meh? I mean PSO2 has some problems but its an overall good game but this just doesn't sounds all that great so far.
    You are. From what I heard it's better than pso2. I am fucking sold. PSO2 is dead to me as soon as this launches. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Yesss, Motoi Sakuraba is doing the music pieces.

+1
    Came in just to quote this. I was surprised at first to see his name on here, but I forgot he's actually responsible for a lot of tri-ace soundtrack work.

Hey, if I'm not getting the game (or Vita for that matter), at least I have a Sakuraba take on PS music to look forward to.

Well, this is a bit more interesting anyways. I'm mostly interested in this Photon Art alternative.
    Player ID: Skycross
    Characters: Valifor || Reza || Kamika
    Ship: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Micro View Post
    This is the best part. Assuming it works like MH crafting and not PSU synthing(where stuff can fail).
    That won't properly work in an offline game. Players can just save before grinding. If it fails just reload the saved file. Rinse and repeat until it succeeds. The first ragnarok odyssey had a similar system. The system failed horribly on what it's supposed to do (RNG weapon skills unlocking), everyone exploited it and got a free pass to weapon skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Railkune View Post
    Well, this is a bit more interesting anyways. I'm mostly interested in this Photon Art alternative.
    Yeeep. This is gonna be what makes it or breaks it I think. If it meshs well into the core gameplay it'll be nice. I bet it will, but if it doesn't than this may be annoying later on. I just hope its not as silly as having one basic attack combo per weapon and I hope its not just a stamina bar instead of a pp bar. If it is different enough and it turns out neat, I hope that they go on to integrate some of those attack ideas into PSO2. Maybe make classes based on non photon based attacks and/or a combination of photon and non photon based attacks. That could potentially be really cool if they did it correctly.

If they do a branching combo system, like MH has (or whatever that system is actually called), the combat system will be perfect. That's just complex, yet still simple, enough to be intuitive and probably pretty easy to balance as you make the game.

It looks every bit like Monster Hunter so far, so I'm going to guess that they'll just copy the gameplay, too. I mean, it's Sega. Last thing they'll do these days is make anything original and that isn't proven to be in high demand right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    If they do a branching combo system, like MH has (or whatever that system is actually called), the combat system will be perfect. That's just complex, yet still simple, enough to be intuitive and probably pretty easy to balance as you make the game.
    I don't know if there's an official term, but last time I saw a game with a combo system like that, it was Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. The system was called "Free Form Fighting System", which is bullshit, because the last thing it was is free-form. DMC3 came out a few months later with a free-form combat without its own name. Not that it has anything to do with the topic, though.
    Last edited by Sp-24; Sep 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Definitely not my cup of tea, but the whole no online play other than ad-hoc/local is 90% of why.

Other 10% is pso2 probably ruining this series for me.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.