Just started playing again after a long while. I recently just started to do collection files. Some of them are fairly easy but the Form Scythe along with the other Las Vegas ones are practically impossible. How does one go about completing this collection file? Both Las Vegas free field and riding quests are dead. I can solo both of them but it takes way too long to even encounter a Truck let alone the other boss.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysonL View Post
    Just started playing again after a long while. I recently just started to do collection files. Some of them are fairly easy but the Form Scythe along with the other Las Vegas ones are practically impossible. How does one go about completing this collection file? Both Las Vegas free field and riding quests are dead. I can solo both of them but it takes way too long to even encounter a Truck let alone the other boss.
    People were pretty much running Riding Quest nonstop when the sheet first came out, but now it's dead so I don't think you have many options unless you can find a good group of people also looking to finish those sheets. On top of that, the Vegas sheets in generally just take forever to finish just on their own, even when Riding Quest was more active.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Rappy Hunter

When it was new the riding quest was the place to farm the Vegas CF items. That CF's rates are terrible as you have found out and I honestly don't know why they extended it. With 250% RDR + 30% daily boosts each Vegas Illusia gave roughly 2.5% and you could encounter 0-4~ per RQ (I only mention Illusia as it was the slowest to gain progress on). Getting that chain of 6+ riding quests with 0 Illusias was frustrating and I likely wouldn't have completed a single CF for that area if it wasn't for the decent 13* drop rate. I found way more 13* weapons from the RQ than I completed collection files all while hunting for a 13* Synchro egg that never dropped.

I would advise against bothering with any of the Vegas files at this point as it was already a painful enough grind in a full MPA. RQ would still probably be better than XH Free field since the enemies have less health there... but I wouldn't wish that grind on anyone. Too much RNG.

Default sillly problem

hey forum, this is my first post in here
    i played pso 2 few years back and i started anew recently, and was wondering if the !g chat is still a thing? i forgot everything about how that worked and am wondering if anyone could refresh my memory

that's a command for those of who use proxy, but either way it's still there if you will be using the proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    i have a question about 12* units , i just got the whole ray set and my question is : its a worth replacement for the ideal set( challenge quest armors)
    Its a worthy replacement if you are planning on specializing in a specific class. These Units are about slotting rings to them. Once you slot your ring to them, it becomes more specialized. 12* Units are for pure Endgame. The Gix Weapon set beats out in Raw Power both Ideal and Austere. However if you are skilled enough to maintain the condition required of the Gix Weapons, in that instance.... they become stronger than both weapons. Only Advantage Austere and Ideal have is that they are both static potentials.

Ideal is for those wielding challenge weapons. It does make them strong, but outside of wielding those weapons.. the set itself is a loss.

In regards to 12* Units...

Its not a question of upgrading.
    its a question of tactics and specialization.

You found them.
    Now use them...

Look upon your favorite, specialized class...
    Gather your level 20 rings and start making your class-set.
    That is what 12* units are for.

They are about personalizing your playstyle.
    So yes..

They are worth something, but the worth of any good set of armor or weapons truly lies in the person who knows how to use them.
    Think about it:

Not everyone has those units, but you have those units...
    Look up the Swiki for their stats,
    and start planning a use for them..

Otherwise to not use them means to lose them since they will sit and collect dust all day long.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    i have a question about 12* units , i just got the whole ray set and my question is : its a worth replacement for the ideal set( challenge quest armors)
    You can combine part of the ideal set (particularly the leg+rear) with gix / ray arm for some decent stats or deadlion arm for a whopping 150 hp and 40 satk. Ray as a set tho is not worth the 2 extra ring slots on the armor since set bonus is only a measly 60 dex.
    Last edited by Nyansan; Oct 27, 2016 at 11:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

Haven't fought Anga before so i have a question. How do you fight it in Amduscia UQ? Attack it wherever you want or destoy those floating bits before you go all out on Anga? I would destroy those bits but i feel like i'm an idiot since others don't really focus those.

Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

Focus on the main body whenever possible; those bits tend to get in the way / tank hits / annoy you with chip damage. Be aware that Anga now develops a resistance to the most used form of attack (excluding Pets) at some point, so you have to switch to a different weapon or element when this happens. Anga's attack patterns also vary with time of day (tornadoes one time, shockwaves another).

Breaking the bits in UQ Amu increase the chances of Ray units dropping (I have 7 rears and they're useless right now!)

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    People were pretty much running Riding Quest nonstop when the sheet first came out, but now it's dead so I don't think you have many options unless you can find a good group of people also looking to finish those sheets. On top of that, the Vegas sheets in generally just take forever to finish just on their own, even when Riding Quest was more active.
    We have had a couple of weeks where Sega gave us a 100% rare drop rate boost to Riding Quests (the week before Amduscia UQ came out was one of those weeks). If Sega gives us more weeks like that, it is possible that players will be temporarily drawn back into them. So, if you really want Vegas weapons badly enough, you should keep an eye out for the specific RDR boosts. I wouldn't consider that a guarantee though, since UQ CFs will still be way faster.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9