Page 4159 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 3159365940594109414941564157415841594160416141624169420942594659 ... LastLast
Results 41,581 to 41,590 of 46801

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    In non-expert blocks, even TE players do not buff.

FO isn't that effective in group buffing outside of waiting for the countdown at the start of a quest (even TE used to not be that great, till we got the lvl85 skill) The range is too small and each tick only adds 15sec. It's simply too much of a hassle to spend PP and personal dps just to get another player to deal 24% more damage for 1min.

And let's not forget that the crushing majority of the playerbase (I mean higher than 99%) do not play PSO2 as a group activity. They play a singleplayer game where other players just happen to be around too (in fact, even traditional MMOs resemble this in 2010s). Players do not care about what other players do, they only care what they do.
    Buffs last 3 minutes , and I’m talking about at teleporter , during down times , or when meeting at a weak point just pop a quick shifta if no one has it. I am disappointed to see the community disagrees with what I said and will not waste any more energy on that.
    Susi
    Ship 2

I agree mostly with what Mits is saying. In situations where it makes sense, FO can buff if there is no Techer but it's not for the purpose of supporting others per se as much as it is refreshing your buffs to keep your DPS as high as it can be. PSO2 has no mechanics that require healing or support since the game doesn't enforce any type of actual role system, so really the only goal for any given encounter would be damage output. For example, if you saw someone getting hit by something in Omega Loser, you wouldn't necessarily go out of your way to cast Resta on them. You could but realistically they probably have ways to handle it themselves and in some cases you may end up chasing them around just to try and support them.

I'm not trying to discourage being an empathetic player but in most cases it's usually more efficient to monitor yourself and your party as the primary concern only. Even when I play Techer, my feeling is that I'll do my best to re-buff others during the actual EQ, but if you're out of range when buffs are going out, that's tough bananas. Good example of this is Dragon EQ - when I play on Gunner outside of a party with a Techer, if I miss Shifta/Deband on downs because I'm too high up, that's not really the Techer's fault and it's not like they can really do anything about it either. lol

They could spend minutes trying to chase me down but most times if it was fading I'd re-apply it myself anyway. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    just to get another player to deal 24% more damage for 1min.
    this is horrendously inaccurate. shifta only increases your base stats, it's not a % damage increase. at best it's a 5-6% damage increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Doom View Post
    Buffs last 3 minutes , and I’m talking about at teleporter , during down times , or when meeting at a weak point just pop a quick shifta if no one has it. I am disappointed to see the community disagrees with what I said and will not waste any more energy on that.
    the only real benefit fo shifta has over anyone else is the potential to buff up to 3 minutes, but that's 3 full casts which takes a long time to apply all the ticks because fo does not have long time assist so each tick is only 15 seconds. hr, fi, bo, hu, su can all naturally cast shifta or with shifta boots, so it's not really a fo's job alone now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    this is horrendously inaccurate. shifta only increases your base stats, it's not a % damage increase. at best it's a 5-6% damage increase.

the only real benefit fo shifta has over anyone else is the potential to buff up to 3 minutes, but that's 3 full casts which takes a long time to apply all the ticks because fo does not have long time assist so each tick is only 15 seconds. hr, fi, bo, hu, su can all naturally cast shifta or with shifta boots, so it's not really a fo's job alone now is it?
    I think everyone misunderstands me , I’m saying at least try to buff at teleporter or down times or at weak points. At least that is what I do and would hope others would do too. But maybe Your all right , times have changed. I didn’t mean to buff constantly making sure each 12 people have both buffs. That would be a head ache.you start off with 3 minutes - most quests end under 8-10 minutes. It’s just another round of fully buffing , with upgraded shifta and deband it’s really easy. Also thanks to everyone for the feedback. I think it’s a great topic.
    Last edited by Digital Doom; Jul 17, 2018 at 10:43 AM.
    Susi
    Ship 2

I think everyone misunderstands me , I’m saying at least try to buff at teleporter or down times or at weak points. At least that is what I do and would hope others would do too. But maybe Your all right , times have changed. I didn’t mean to buff constantly making sure each 12 people have both buffs. That would be a head ache.you start off with 3 minutes - most quests end under 8-10 minutes. It’s just another round of fully buffing , with upgraded shifta and deband it’s really easy.
    my point was you shouldn't just be putting it on fo players to buff. everyone should be buffing.

my point was you shouldn't just be putting it on fo players to buff. everyone should be buffing.
    I agree, when I play Bo and there’s no force or te , I do try to apply shifta as often as possible. During teleporter , downtime’s , and at weakpoints. I do think Te is first in charge tho and force are next in line to step up if no Te, and so on.
    Susi
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    For example, if you saw someone getting hit by something in Omega Loser, you wouldn't necessarily go out of your way to cast Resta on them.
    Especially since Resta/Megiverse overrides Zanverse. It just doesn't make sense to play like a "Healer".

I agree, when I play Bo and there’s no force or te , I do try to apply shifta as often as possible. During teleporter , downtime’s , and at weakpoints. I do think Te is first in charge tho and force are next in line to step up if no Te, and so on.
    this exactly my point though, why is it fo's job to buff over any other class besides te? its shifta is not anymore valuable. fo has to spend the same time per buff tick that any other class does and it's a dps class just like any other class. what's the reason for the bias?

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Especially since Resta/Megiverse overrides Zanverse. It just doesn't make sense to play like a "Healer".
    I never said play like a healer.. it got blown way out of context , the end of this topic.
    Susi
    Ship 2

this exactly my point though, why is it fo's job to buff over any other class besides te? its shifta is not anymore valuable. fo has to spend the same time per buff tick that any other class does and it's a dps class just like any other class. what's the reason for the bias?
    Your right I’m wrong end of story.
    Susi
    Ship 2