Page 4609 of 4617 FirstFirst ... 360941094509455945994606460746084609461046114612 ... LastLast
Results 46,081 to 46,090 of 46165

yep sol your looking at things the completely wrong way as ezodag has just said pulsar is a DAMAGE OVER TIME and comparing it to anything else is moot. pso2 is not so simple that huge power = huge hit so get that in your head right now.
    JP Ship 2 Player ID BISHIBASH -

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    i was just talking about the PA power, some PAs got high power but actual dmg is pathetic, those above are just examples if you want another one : SWORD RIDING SLASH, this PA is totally trash even with full gears max charge and it got high power.

jinga is the best pet on NA, each jinga break can do 30-40k while i can just hold the PA button spamming that for ezy game, maybe melon is a JP thing or involved EP 4 5 6 contents buff because NOBODY actually uses it on NA, it's a horrible pet here, my Lv85 melon can do maximum 80k dmg after taking several hits, sometimes if the monsters attack are too strong melon died too.
    power values in this game are perfectly fine however they do not equate to actual power in a lot of cases. the PA notations are only a "multiplier modifier" in the damage formula after which some values are specifically applied to individual hits as Dark Mits told you. Additionally crit and skill values as Ezo pointed out matter a whole lot at figuring out a PA's actual damage. and then the defense and resistance of enemy/enmies part are also key to figure out your exact output. Which is to say power notations alone are only a very small part of the damage calculation to figure out the exact damage of a PA.
    Not to mention your empirical testing is dubious at best
    - Jinga Pulsar is actually a DoT and and the initial damage of the PA should repeat 8 times on the target over 14 seconds or so at 12% of the notation value each. which means 12k x 8 + 4k = 100k total over the full ticks
    - I suspect you hit cosmos breaker directly at rockbear's head, in which case only the initial first few hit hit the weakpoint, and the rest gets soaked by the body, with a much weaker multiplier, or vice versa. The way the expanding ball hits/misses weakpoint is very specific so I highly doubt you got the full 15 hits on the exact same part of the rockbear in the first place.
    - I also I'm unsure about riding slash test, as the PA behaviour is ass, but does a crapton in a few specific situations. The issue with riding slash is it hits up to 4 times while travelling if it's fully charged, but since you're travelling, you're prone to miss hits on some enemies/at some angles. So I suspect you didn't get all the hits right or didn't fully charge ( each hit is 25% of the notation, lv 1 charge is 1 hit, lv2 is 2, lv 3 is 4).

And as in every game, damage notation tells you nothing about the damage per second, which is the value you want to know to understand how to apply your PA. swiki has the values listed if you can navigate moonrunes/ decipher translator results, but even if you don't, common sense is the important thing t to get a rough grasp of what's good in what situation . Power notations are very misleading in that respect so you shouldn't even bother too hard about them.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 19, 2020 at 04:44 AM.

anyway enough of that bs about power notations XD i actually had a question lol is the 15 star rifle yas 5k S trash on phantom? if so why?i have LS rifle but i want to use the yas as well if its not trash
    JP Ship 2 Player ID BISHIBASH -

Does the Hunter skill "Pretty Good" stack with Summoners "Quick Recovery?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shambertin View Post
    anyway enough of that bs about power notations XD i actually had a question lol is the 15 star rifle yas 5k S trash on phantom? if so why?i have LS rifle but i want to use the yas as well if its not trash
    that rifle was bad on release
    -60 hits to even be at full power
    -which means downtime in full damage for no reason until you hit something 60 times with that rifle
    -Ra with one point or norms might make it less annoying to hit that point but you're still down on full damage until you meet its conditions versus using something else and being at full power all the time
    -Ph will take awhile to reach max hits, even when rapid firing it's not worth it
    -also pretty sure it resets the condition if you swap weapons

Stick to LS or go Atra Ex+....or Stil if you want. If you like the aesthetics, save up crests and use it as a camo

Quote Originally Posted by Bellex View Post
    are you playing a meme class on purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellex View Post
    They do, to the point that you will only receive one tick of damage from Burn or Poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    that rifle was bad on release
    -60 hits to even be at full power
    -which means downtime in full damage for no reason until you hit something 60 times with that rifle
    -Ra with one point or norms might make it less annoying to hit that point but you're still down on full damage until you meet its conditions versus using something else and being at full power all the time
    -Ph will take awhile to reach max hits, even when rapid firing it's not worth it
    -also pretty sure it resets the condition if you swap weapons

Stick to LS or go Atra Ex+....or Stil if you want. If you like the aesthetics, save up crests and use it as a camo
    But that latent's 9% power boost IS regardless of hits, it's the crit-rate and max PP boosts that require the hitcount. That said, the fact that it resets those on swap still sucks.

Regardless, the Atlas Drache Ex with Immortal Soul Plus suggestion is correct. It has better base damage, and double the latent damage boost, so it's still 100% the better choice for you Shambertin.
    Last edited by Kichi; Jun 20, 2020 at 10:09 AM.
    私の愛、私の夢、私の心。

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    are you playing a meme class on purpose?

No. I was playing around with the skill tree sim and noticed it.

Coming back to PSO2 after several years of hiatus. I want to join a team so I can socialize and get some of those sweet sweet buffs. Anyone got a team I could join or know where I could find one? I'm on ship 2 Ur, btw. JP PSO2.
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryock View Post
    Coming back to PSO2 after several years of hiatus. I want to join a team so I can socialize and get some of those sweet sweet buffs. Anyone got a team I could join or know where I could find one? I'm on ship 2 Ur, btw. JP PSO2.
    Try looking here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...pdate-7-9-2019
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!