Page 320 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 2202703103173183193203213223233303704208201320 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 46801

Started leveling up RA after I capped GU last week (nothing else to do; already capped BR, FI, HU, GU). And also, tbh, I would like to add that I am by no means an experienced RA player.

My RA is Lv. 52 atm with HU Lv. 65 subbed, I am using half-assed affixed Calburn Units (all with only Mizer + Shoot III affixes), a 10* Latria Rain (Mizer + Shoot III), and a PURE R-ATK mag. Therefore I understand, that I'm not exactly super-geared up and therefore my DPS may be a quite low. I do have the cookie-cutter builds, however, meaning that only the left sides of the RA and HU trees are filled.

After playing on SH for a while, I'm a little disheartened that I have found RA/HU to be stark-ingly weak, inefficient, or slow compared to the other classes. I confess that I do not have Lv. 16 Impact Slider nor Lv. 16 Parallel Slider atm, and perhaps this is the primary reason why.

Quite honestly, I feel that Launchers are "worthless" (too goddamn slow) and that to be an efficient RA, one should probably only utilize a Good AR (probably Arao Cylinder for Zero Effort) with some good Lv. 16 PA disks, and a good Gunslash with Lv. 16 Additional Bullet/Thrillplosion for mobbing.

Is my assessment somewhat on the mark? Or is it not... in order to be a somewhat efficient RA?

I want to be useful, not just because of WB, but because I can actually take out some enemies as well. Furthermore, I have found soloing with RA/HU to be a pain... without a Gunslash for mobbing.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Ranger's always been the class I had the most trouble with. If you aren't hitting weak spots, you're not doing damage.

Launchers used to dominate extremely hard in VH where landing Cluster Bullet was a lot more manageable due to slower enemy speeds. Near-guaranteed headshots for 10k+ damage one-shotted 95% of enemies in VH making RA/HU crazy awesome. With SH enemies making a mad dash up to you and out of CB's comfortable range, you're more dependent on Rodeo Drive and well-placed Divine Launchers to reap bigger damage. For this reason alone, AB on Gunslashes tend to outclass launchers now. They definitely have their uses still (Rodeo is still amazing, Crazy Smash 16 is quite strong and still the only PA in the game that can interrupt certain enemies, Flame Bullet 16 is supposedly nice), but AB on RA/HU is just extremely powerful and useful.

to be a somewhat efficient RA without Impact Slider 16. . .

master the ways of using the Homing Emission. . . basically, charge 5 shots and get close enough in range and fire those 5 bullets in one spot. so WB --> HE--> charge 5 shots get in range and boom. another Mobbing tool which is more useful (and more damaging) is Diffuse shell 16.

WB + Rodeo Drive also makes good boss killing PA on certain bosses. (Bal Rodos, especially him)

otherwise, WB + Homing Emission.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

That RA info is incredibly helpful- now I don't have to pester people in game.

So besides the AC scratch update, what else is coming? If at all anyway. Or are we still getting the same EQs? No complaints from me, mind you- just wanting to know.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

The Coast LQ is coming as well.

Yay farming.

Which, if rare Technic discs are easily findable, will smash the price of T-ATK PA fragments.

Good bye profits, hello dirt cheap customization.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Ah, excellent then. At least we'll see some people crawl out of the woodwork. Thanks guys.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Yeah, 5k per craft is worth doing even the useless ones.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Is the beach limited quest today?