Page 4070 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 3070357039704020406040674068406940704071407240734080412041704570 ... LastLast
Results 40,691 to 40,700 of 46801

Quote Originally Posted by Electrochemist View Post
    I plan to max out my main character...

is there any point to a 200 Dex mag, at all?
    if so, what are its uses?
    The only uses for a DEX Mag are for BR and BO as their Mag skills turn that 200 DEX into 200 S-/R-ATK and 200 S-/T-ATK respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    The only uses for a DEX Mag are for BR and BO as their Mag skills turn that 200 DEX into 200 S-/R-ATK and 200 S-/T-ATK respectively.

Is there any benefit to doing this rather than just using a regular S-ATK mag?

EDIT: Never-mind I have pisspoor reading comprehension! I get it now, it's if you want to use dual weps.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Electrochemist; Mar 27, 2018 at 02:49 AM.

Is there any benefit to doing this rather than just using a regular S-ATK mag?

EDIT: Never-mind I have pisspoor reading comprehension! I get it now, it's if you want to use dual weps.

Thank you!
    As Braver, it's not super useful because in most cases, you'll only be using one weapon, so the other stat doesn't get used. Bouncer at least gets mileage out of dual stats because having T-ATK on your MAG buffs your heals and gives you some insurance in case a Gilles Weihen drops for you.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    As Braver, it's not super useful because in most cases, you'll only be using one weapon, so the other stat doesn't get used. Bouncer at least gets mileage out of dual stats because having T-ATK on your MAG buffs your heals and gives you some insurance in case a Gilles Weihen drops for you.
    Hmm it's something to think about at least, I do like bouncer a fair bit!
    Thank you for clearing that up for me, appreciate it

Say I wanted to get the 13* Raygun Barrel assault rifle which drops from Guranz Zeta. Guranz is listed as an E-Trial boss in one of the Ultimate Quests.

If I were to start the quest with the sole purpose of trying to get that drop, would I need to kill some mobs prior to killing Guran to increase the chance of getting the drop?

Raygun barrel is a drop from the special guranz that only spawns in 2016 Halloween eq or 2016 christmas eq, so i dont think you can get it anymore.

EDIT: I just remembered that latan rappies can drop it too. Its still practically imposible to get anyways.
    Last edited by DavidAG; Mar 27, 2018 at 06:59 AM.

I plan to max out my main character...

is there any point to a 200 Dex mag, at all?
    if so, what are its uses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Don't overlook the fact that DEX can act as a defensive stat, reducing how much damage your character will take overall. Just as the difference in DEX between you and an enemy lowers the variance seen in damage from low rarity weapons, that same difference increases the variance in damage your character takes by decreasing the lower bound.

Of course, this is not the best kind of damage mitigation, since it is RNG-dependent and you can still take the bigger hits every once in a while. But it is still damage mitigation, and it is good to have it on top of the 200 ATK that you would already enjoy.

Edt: another comment to respond to:

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAG View Post
    Raygun barrel is a drop from the special guranz that only spawns in 2016 Halloween eq or 2016 christmas eq, so i dont think you can get it anymore.

EDIT: I just remembered that latan rappies can drop it too. Its still practically imposible to get anyways.
    I am pretty sure that Raygun Barrel dropped in the 2017 versions of these EQs. Apparently, Phaleg can drop it when she appears in seasonal EQs (she was in Chocolate and in Regiment of the Wicked). Also, sometimes Raygun Barrel and other weapons like it are added to the drop tables of LQs, For example, Raybun Barrel was part of the loot table for the Ep1 LQ that happened last summer.

At this time, though, there is no way to get Raygun Barrel unless you can run an appropriate EQ trigger.
    Last edited by Loveless62; Mar 27, 2018 at 10:27 AM.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Don't overlook the fact that DEX can act as a defensive stat, reducing how much damage your character will take overall. Just as the difference in DEX between you and an enemy lowers the variance seen in damage from low rarity weapons, that same difference increases the variance in damage your character takes by decreasing the lower bound.

Of course, this is not the best kind of damage mitigation, since it is RNG-dependent and you can still take the bigger hits every once in a while. But it is still damage mitigation, and it is good to have it on top of the 200 ATK that you would already enjoy.
    But you also get an unusable mag outside of BR and BO so don't forget that.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    But you also get an unusable mag outside of BR and BO so don't forget that.
    True, if I never planned to purchase any additional mags for one of my characters, then I would not build a DEX mag from the one that he/she would start with.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    I am pretty sure that Raygun Barrel dropped in the 2017 versions of these EQs. Apparently, Phaleg can drop it when she appears in seasonal EQs (she was in Chocolate and in Regiment of the Wicked).
    I'm not 100% sure of this but wasnt halloween 2017's final boss dio hunar and halloween 2016's final boss the special guranz? I forgot about phaleg dropping it, yes lvl 71+ phaleg drops raygun barrel and those other old seasonal only weps like flow razor and astral blaze.