Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1

    Default How is PSO2 more than just DPS?

    I would like a explanation On how exactly PSO2 isn't just a pure DPS race. because it looks more like a style over substance type of game which is not good for people who want to go for strategy Which obviously the game doesn't allow..Unlike PSO1 PSZ and PSU/Pspo1 & 2.
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Yesterday at 04:40 PM.
    "If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

    -Bruce Lee

  2. #2
    Garbage-chan Kondibon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In her garbage can.
    Posts
    9,448

    Default

    Zondeel is more of a strategy than Anga Jabroga.

    EDIT: Why are you so interested in everyone's opinions on the game anyway?

  3. #3

    Default

    Have you even started to play the game for yourself yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

  4. #4
    Hardcore Casual Dark Mits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Ship 02, B-006
    Posts
    950

    Default

    The same rule that applies to every single game applies to PSO2; the path of least resistance is the preferred path. The best way for any developer to "hide" this fact is to make it so that this path of least resistance is not achieved by direct means (ie. higher numbers). And in quite a few cases, this holds true for PSO2 too. DPP is as important as DPS. Gathering enemies is important. Reducing downtime or autoattacking for PP is important.

    What I would like regarding this is for devs to "revert" to situations where going the non-dps option ends up being more beneficial; for example Capture events. If rewards from capturing massively outweighed killing the enemy and whatever else we could earn during the time it takes to properly capture the enemy, we would most likely play it out as intended. Or Collection ECs, or Mining ECs, or Escort ECs etc.. The new EC type with 2 enemies and having to kill them at the same time felt nice at start, but then we noticed that it's actually more beneficial to focus each individually instead of split damage on them.

    Also I never get tired of repeating this, but I also believe there should be greater emphasis on resource management and the HP bar working as an actual HP bar and not simple trinary dead - need heal - full hp "switch" (or in the case of Force players just a binary dead-notdead).

  5. #5
    Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    Play the game already and stop making threads like this.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    Play the game already and stop making threads like this.
    I might give a a shot next year
    "If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

    -Bruce Lee

  7. #7

    Default

    I would say this is a Fashion Simulator with RPG and Hack & Slash elements instead

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Have you even started to play the game for yourself yet?
    Not yet.
    "If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

    -Bruce Lee

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    Not yet.
    Look, some of us dont mind you asking all these questions but its going to get to a point (or already there) where asking questions will no longer work for you and you're better off playing the game yourself and seeing how your opinion forms from there. It will literally make ZERO difference whether you play with an English patch on or a translated version months from now. You're not losing anything insignificant aside some time invested to see how things are for yourself. The game is f2p, no money needed to enjoy this game. Just give the game a try already rather than sitting around waiting for Sega of America's support because as of now and since the announcement of the West release, nothing has been said about how they're going to handle the West servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Look, some of us dont mind you asking all these questions but its going to get to a point (or already there) where asking questions will no longer work for you and you're better off playing the game yourself and seeing how your opinion forms from there. It will literally make ZERO difference whether you play with an English patch on or a translated version months from now. You're not losing anything insignificant aside some time invested to see how things are for yourself. The game is f2p, no money needed to enjoy this game. Just give the game a try already rather than sitting around waiting for Sega of America's support because as of now and since the announcement of the West release, nothing has been said about how they're going to handle the West servers.


    I rather not brake international law, if that's okay with you. I rather play it though less non illegal means instead of taking the easy way out and brake some rules only for it to come back to bite me in the ass later.
    "If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

    -Bruce Lee

Similar Threads

  1. Issue with running PSO2 more than once
    By Hart in forum Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 5, 2012, 05:55 PM
  2. More than just fighting?
    By Korten12 in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: May 10, 2011, 11:29 AM
  3. Crimsion combo: more than just the saber?
    By Zorak000 in forum PSU General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Nov 5, 2007, 03:04 PM
  4. I do more than just flash sigs!
    By F-Gattaca in forum Fan Works
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 26, 2007, 08:20 PM
  5. More than just soloing
    By Neoptolemus in forum PSU General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 13, 2007, 04:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •