Quote Originally Posted by Mio View Post
    Hello there guys!

I'm planning to download the game again today.

I'd like to get some hints on the progression to not get lost.

I played constantly only until episode 2.
    After that I hopped in and out now and then, so I'm not completely obvlivious of all the changes!

All right, here's where I need the knowledge of veteran players.

I'd like to get a progression map, kind of like objectives I should pursue.

I have a level 70 something RA/HU, geared with a simple crafted Red Rifle up to where it matters (I guess it was +9 and over), and a similar Launcher.

My armor set is a crafted one with +Ratck and +PP. Also almost at the maximum level.

So this is were I'm starting off.

I don't have skill rings yet.

Due to time constraints I don't want to participate in any EQ. Also, I don't like leeching and I'd rather play solo until I'm well geared/skilled.

So, this being said, could you please advice me on what steps to take to progress my character?

Thank you a lot!
    I'm not too great at giving advice, but here's a few tips.

Red Rifle/Launcher's okay with Hidden Pot, but you should advance to Revolucio/Aura 13* weapons by taking Collect Files. There are better weapons available with other files, but those are EQ-gated. Revolucio and Aura only require playing available content. Revolucio and Aura also have Arena Pots you can unlock by grabbing Arena Boosters by playing Battle Arena (PVP mode) that make them significantly better.

Oh, and if you're willing to put in the work, you can keep farming those Revo/Aura files until you get a 13* that can go to +35. This will get you a Title that is required to unlock Level 80, which will be a requirement in the far future.

Ranger doesn't have a lot of Skill Rings to take. For Class-specifics, it's usually gonna be L/L Non Weak Bonus for that sweet, sweet +82.25% Launcher damage. Otherwise, you can take generics like Jumping Dodge and whatnot. Right Ring options are a little more iffy; I'd say TAJAPPS or Perfect Keeper, but what do I know. I don't main RA.

The above also means that 12* Units aren't quite as go-to right now as for other classes. 12* Units have the niche of being able to affix Rings onto them as Ring Skills, destroying the Ring in the process while granting the target Unit that Ring's effect as a permanent affix. However, 12* Units don't have very good set bonuses, and are more effective as one-off slotters to fill out 11* Unit Sets due to their high innate stats. The most prominent of these is Austere/12, which is now accessible thanks to unlocked purchase restrictions meaning you can buy Austere Units off the Player Shop. Whether you want to upgrade to 12* Set or Austere/12 is up to you, but before that is Craft Saiki, which is a solid jumping off point for the really good stuff.
    Last edited by Altiea; Mar 29, 2017 at 03:39 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    Does Avg Stance Charge affect Sakura Endo-0 or Gurren?
    Sakura: Yes
    Guren: No

-snip-
    First off, seeing as 12*s weapons and 11* units can be bought even without passes from premium, get a Saiki set. Boost week concluded recently so there's bound to be cheap saiki units on the market that may be preaffixed. For weapons, you can stick with what you have for now

Next, do gathering in tundra and farm enough materials for a non-weak hit ring. It's pretty much essential for Ra using launchers.

Then, grab Revolucio Launcher and Aura rifle from collect files. I would recommend something better but both Astra and Ray are expiring soon and it's not really ideal to get them and there's still no info on what potential for the next set of weapons in the upcoming Yggdrasil EQ is. Plus, you can do both Revo and Aura leisurely (read: without relying on EQs to pop) so they're pretty good to get to +35 if you want in on expert block

Finally, do either featured quest to level or SHAQs to get revo/aura collect files filled. SHAQs also have a low chance of dropping Revolucio weapons filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

Due to time constraints I don't want to participate in any EQ. Also, I don't like leeching and I'd rather play solo until I'm well geared/skilled.

So, this being said, could you please advice me on what steps to take to progress my character?

Thank you a lot!
    Echoing what was already said, Aura with the arena potential is very strong. Revolucio is fine, but I think there are better options. While Ray/Union CF's are running out of time, you will still be able to drop Ray (and rarely Union) weapons from the solo PD trigger that will be available all year. You'll need really high RDR to do this reliably (ie max boosters, ideally including team tree and premium RDR drink, and also during a boost week), but even if you get just one Ray weapon from the current sheet (be aware that you can complete expired sheets as long as you took the sheet before expiration), you might be able to get a +35 Ray/Union relatively easily. The solo PD trigger is something that you can do at any time and since Ray more or less requires SHAQ, you can complete the sheets while working on Revolucio. You get 3 sheet slots minimum, so taking Aura, Revo, and Ray at the same time is possible.

The downside to hunting Ray/Union is that Solo PD is one of the more difficult quests in the game, especially if you have not played for a while or are under-geared/leveled. Sticking to Aura/Revolucio would be easiest.

I forgot to mention that the PD trigger costs 50 2017 badges each. I'm assuming that you have none, so that's another obstacle. The best way to get badges is to run the daily LQ. On XH you get 6 badges per run. The badges can also be used to get 2017 badge weapons (200 each, you need 6 copies to get a +35 to progress toward character level 80 and opening expert blocks). Effort wise, the badge weapons would be easiest to get and aren't too bad as actual weapons, but badge grinding can be a little tedious.
    Last edited by MysticAura; Mar 29, 2017 at 08:43 AM.

What are all the weak points during Esca Mother? I know the core is counted as weak, but what about the arm butts(like Falz Elder), and the cubes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    What are all the weak points during Esca Mother? I know the core is counted as weak, but what about the arm butts(like Falz Elder), and the cubes?
    I don't believe the arm butts count as weak points, at least for the purposes of weak stance on BR. I think the cubes do, but I haven't really had the opportunity to test it out.

Ah, ok, I was messing around with it and was very surprised at the cubes. I'll confirm next EQ.

I don't play Fo, so I'm wondering if there's any use/builds that actually employ the Critical Strike Ring for Technics (not that I'm going to use one); perhaps it's for a critical TeHu, build?

I see them on the player's market, which aroused my curiosity.

Is there a new way to unlock Shironia arks quests now? I haven't played since 2016 late last year so just wondering. I remember it used to give you them early.

Quote Originally Posted by ch0ob View Post
    Is there a new way to unlock Shironia arks quests now? I haven't played since 2016 late last year so just wondering. I remember it used to give you them early.
    This is the current area unlock progression:

And Tokyo is unlocked by completing Ep4 Ch1, which then unlocks Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by ch0ob View Post
    Tyvm