Page 4601 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 36014101450145514591459845994600460146024603460446114651 ... LastLast
Results 46,001 to 46,010 of 46801

so what's the logic behind power scale in this game ?
    divine launcher L15 : 1411 power , shot on rock bear head, do 30k dmg
    cosmo breaker L5 : 2764 power , shot on rock bear head too, do 2k x 15 hits = 30k dmg
    zero distance L14 : 1501 power , hit on rock bear head , do 45k dmg
    ??????????????

is this game dmg formulation bugged or what ?
    Last edited by sol_trigger; Jun 18, 2020 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    cosmo breaker L5 : 2764 power , shot on rock bear head too, do 2k x 15 hits = 30k dmg
    ??????????????

It's also possible that you've made mistakes during your testing, there's multiple conditional damage boosting skills that you have to pay attention to, especially on Ranger (depending on how you've handled your skill tree), or maybe you missed the perfect attack timing.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

then explain this

jinga break : 1569 power, do 33k dmg on rock bear head

jinga pulser : 4924 power, do 12k + 4k = 16k on rock bear head, all hits connected, no buffs involved

???????????????????????????

i would really prefer it that you stopped using a mobbing pet on bosses and if you took the time to learn how to use Maron/Melon the right way instead of coming up with your own conclusions on how things work when all that stuff is already laid out for you by other people

and another fyi, you don't boss with Launcher either, it's rifle and nothing else for bossing with Ranger
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

??????????????

I am not a theorycrafter, but what I've gathered from other sources is that damage is not always 100% according to the decalred notation. Ilgrants for example deals 7% of notation per missile when uncharged, 12% of notation per missile when charged, which means optimal 21% uncharged and 120% charged. It is possible that some similar variants play role for the above PAs too.
    -=Prepost edit=-
    I checked the Japanese swiki to see if it has any information. Divine Launcher deals 100% of stated notation, Cosmo Breaker 105% and Zero Distance 100%.

The other thing that you need to ensure is that the above numbers are criticals. If they are not critical hits, then they are subject to RNG according to the weapon's variance, your DEX value and enemy's DEX value. Fellow players who are into the game mechanics can help more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    i would really prefer it that you stopped using a mobbing pet on bosses and if you took the time to learn how to use Maron/Melon the right way instead of coming up with your own conclusions on how things work when all that stuff is already laid out for you by other people

and another fyi, you don't boss with Launcher either, it's rifle and nothing else for bossing with Ranger

i was just talking about the PA power, some PAs got high power but actual dmg is pathetic, those above are just examples if you want another one : SWORD RIDING SLASH, this PA is totally trash even with full gears max charge and it got high power.

jinga is the best pet on NA, each jinga break can do 30-40k while i can just hold the PA button spamming that for ezy game, maybe melon is a JP thing or involved EP 4 5 6 contents buff because NOBODY actually uses it on NA, it's a horrible pet here, my Lv85 melon can do maximum 80k dmg after taking several hits, sometimes if the monsters attack are too strong melon died too.

then explain this

jinga break : 1569 power, do 33k dmg on rock bear head

jinga pulser : 4924 power, do 12k + 4k = 16k on rock bear head, all hits connected, no buffs involved

???????????????????????????
    Jinga Pulsar is a damage over time PA, it doesn't do only 2 hits.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

yep sol your looking at things the completely wrong way as ezodag has just said pulsar is a DAMAGE OVER TIME and comparing it to anything else is moot. pso2 is not so simple that huge power = huge hit so get that in your head right now.
    JP Ship 2 Player ID BISHIBASH -

i was just talking about the PA power, some PAs got high power but actual dmg is pathetic, those above are just examples if you want another one : SWORD RIDING SLASH, this PA is totally trash even with full gears max charge and it got high power.

jinga is the best pet on NA, each jinga break can do 30-40k while i can just hold the PA button spamming that for ezy game, maybe melon is a JP thing or involved EP 4 5 6 contents buff because NOBODY actually uses it on NA, it's a horrible pet here, my Lv85 melon can do maximum 80k dmg after taking several hits, sometimes if the monsters attack are too strong melon died too.
    power values in this game are perfectly fine however they do not equate to actual power in a lot of cases. the PA notations are only a "multiplier modifier" in the damage formula after which some values are specifically applied to individual hits as Dark Mits told you. Additionally crit and skill values as Ezo pointed out matter a whole lot at figuring out a PA's actual damage. and then the defense and resistance of enemy/enmies part are also key to figure out your exact output. Which is to say power notations alone are only a very small part of the damage calculation to figure out the exact damage of a PA.
    Not to mention your empirical testing is dubious at best
    - Jinga Pulsar is actually a DoT and and the initial damage of the PA should repeat 8 times on the target over 14 seconds or so at 12% of the notation value each. which means 12k x 8 + 4k = 100k total over the full ticks
    - I suspect you hit cosmos breaker directly at rockbear's head, in which case only the initial first few hit hit the weakpoint, and the rest gets soaked by the body, with a much weaker multiplier, or vice versa. The way the expanding ball hits/misses weakpoint is very specific so I highly doubt you got the full 15 hits on the exact same part of the rockbear in the first place.
    - I also I'm unsure about riding slash test, as the PA behaviour is ass, but does a crapton in a few specific situations. The issue with riding slash is it hits up to 4 times while travelling if it's fully charged, but since you're travelling, you're prone to miss hits on some enemies/at some angles. So I suspect you didn't get all the hits right or didn't fully charge ( each hit is 25% of the notation, lv 1 charge is 1 hit, lv2 is 2, lv 3 is 4).

And as in every game, damage notation tells you nothing about the damage per second, which is the value you want to know to understand how to apply your PA. swiki has the values listed if you can navigate moonrunes/ decipher translator results, but even if you don't, common sense is the important thing t to get a rough grasp of what's good in what situation . Power notations are very misleading in that respect so you shouldn't even bother too hard about them.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 19, 2020 at 04:44 AM.

anyway enough of that bs about power notations XD i actually had a question lol is the 15 star rifle yas 5k S trash on phantom? if so why?i have LS rifle but i want to use the yas as well if its not trash
    JP Ship 2 Player ID BISHIBASH -