I have an attribute grinding question.

I have three 20% light Ares DBs. If I element grind two of them to make a 40% light, would I be able to use the remaining one to change it's element to something other than light, and wouldstill come out to 60?
    Can't we all just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly View Post

I have three 20% light Ares DBs. If I element grind two of them to make a 40% light, would I be able to use the remaining one to change it's element to something other than light, and wouldstill come out to 60?
    Yes, it combines the two attributes together and then your ele change item takes effect afterwards.

I would like some opinions on which Ideal weapon would be best to obtain with my 180,000 Challenge Miles...I have 3 classes which I currently play with: BR, FO, and RA. Do the Ideal weapons have hidden potentials or damage variance which make them superior or inferior to the Ares weapons? I am aware of the difference in ATK but is there anything else I should know about?

Quote Originally Posted by Unlmtd View Post
    I would like some opinions on which Ideal weapon would be best to obtain with my 180,000 Challenge Miles...I have 3 classes which I currently play with: BR, FO, and RA. Do the Ideal weapons have hidden potentials or damage variance which make them superior or inferior to the Ares weapons? I am aware of the difference in ATK but is there anything else I should know about?
    Ideal beat Ares on boss EQ, since most of the time Ares user don't have time/chance to fill PB gauge to ignite it's latent to maximum power.
    And ideal don't have any hidden latent, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly View Post

You can actually just attribute grind all three together with the Attribute Change, and it will end up as the element you want at 60%.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Ideal beat Ares on boss EQ, since most of the time Ares user don't have time/chance to fill PB gauge to ignite it's latent to maximum power.
    And ideal don't have any hidden latent, for now.
    Interesting. How exactly do you ignite the power once the PB gauge is full? Is it automatic? Also, I notice there are some bars above the action pallet which almost fill up ..what is this?

Interesting. How exactly do you ignite the power once the PB gauge is full? Is it automatic? Also, I notice there are some bars above the action pallet which almost fill up ..what is this?
    For the Ares potential, it is just automatic (ie. the more full the PB gauge is, the higher the damage multiplier).
    Are you talking about the one above your weapon? That is your Gear Gauge. What it does varies by weapon (For example, with DBs it determines how many Photon Blades you throw with your shift action, and on TMGs it gives a damage boost).
    Last edited by Anduril; Apr 16, 2016 at 06:31 PM.

I see. How about the ideal? So how come the Gear guage never fills up all the way? there's always one bar left to go?

I see. How about the ideal? So how come the Gear guage never fills up all the way? there's always one bar left to go?
    Ideal's potential automatically gives you the damage bonus when you attack a boss or sub-boss. What weapon are you using? Some Gear Gauges end up draining over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Ideal's potential automatically gives you the damage bonus when you attack a boss or sub-boss. What weapon are you using? Some Gear Gauges end up draining over time.
    Thanks for the info. I'm using Red Rod and I've never seen it fill to the max yet.