Page 3865 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 2865336537653815385538623863386438653866386738683875391539654365 ... LastLast
Results 38,641 to 38,650 of 46801

Quote Originally Posted by Chiyo_Hoshi View Post
    Is there any extended lore on CAST in PSO2 somewhere outside of the game? I've looked on the PSwiki and it's bare-bones as hell.
    Define "extended lore". What are you looking for specifically?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Define "extended lore". What are you looking for specifically?
    Nothing specific really. Basically anything info on CAST is fine.

Is there any extended lore on CAST in PSO2 somewhere outside of the game? I've looked on the PSwiki and it's bare-bones as hell.
    Not really. All we get about CASTs is just from a couple of conversations with Lisa and Maria who just confirm that CASTs are just fleshies whose power are so unstable that it starts to destroy their body, as stated on PSwiki. The exception is the High CAST Xieras which are like the Copy-CASTs from PSU in that they are fully mechanical, but are based on the personality of another person (in this case Ulc). And from what I can tell, there have been no other external works that elaborate further than that.
    Last edited by Anduril; Sep 18, 2017 at 02:34 PM.

Trying to think of a 6slot affix for cliff weapons like soul/stat/mod/flict/sentence and would like to inquire if phrase weak (i am familiar that it does not get boosted by the weapon pot) is better/worse than a noble boost in this particular situation

something like this?

CASTs are one of the four races available for player creation. As with the Newman and Deuman races, they were created from Humans, designed to control aptitude with Photons. As research in the properties of Photons progressed, CASTs became adept in Photons in ways nearly identical to that of Humans, thereby making their differences merely aesthetic.

CASTs were once used as alternative bodies for those with enormous Photon aptitude. Due to the sheer randomness of Photon aptitude in 1st Generation ARKS, those whose aptitude exceeded the limits of their human bodies, such as Regius and Maria, were transformed into CASTs. Humans may undergo a procedure to become a CAST, sacrificing a large majority of their original bodies in place of a CAST body. Organic tissue from a transfer still remains, enabling CASTs to reproduce.

source: http://phantasystar.wikia.com/wiki/CAST
    Last edited by KaizoKage; Sep 18, 2017 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Not really. All we get about CASTs is just from a couple of conversations with Lisa and Maria who just confirm that CASTs are just fleshies whose power are so unstable that it starts to destroy their body, as stated on PSwiki. The exception is the High CAST Xieras which are like the Copy-CASTs from PSU in that they are fully mechanical, but are based on the personality of another person (in this case Ulc). And from what I can tell, there have been no other external works that elaborate further than that.
    This is more or less where we stand at this point as far as CAST lore is concerned. Everything you see on the PSWiki's page on CASTs is everything I've been able to extract from the two Materials Collection books I own. I would need to go back and check if I missed anything, but there isn't more except the extra stuff about Hi-CASTs, to my knowledge.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Where/what is the best method of gaining items with any of the Stigma boosting souls on them? I was thinking of affixing Stigma onto each of my units, but the ones on the player stores are a bit more than I want to spend on the fodder (and I can't afford anything fancier anyway).

Also, I don't think I will ever have enough fuses to do so anyway, but what all happens when you upgrade a Zeinesis unit? What all does it keep/retain and what all gets reset? I assume affix setup remains, but what about grind levels and whatnot?

Quote Originally Posted by nyaaaaa View Post
    Also, I don't think I will ever have enough fuses to do so anyway, but what all happens when you upgrade a Zeinesis unit? What all does it keep/retain and what all gets reset? I assume affix setup remains, but what about grind levels and whatnot?
    When trading Zenesis units for Qliphad units, the only thing that changes are the inherent stats of the units; grind level, affixes, and attached rings are retained.
    Last edited by Anduril; Sep 19, 2017 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    When trading Zenesis units for Qliphad units, the only thing that changes are the inherent stats of the units; grind level, affixes, and attached rings are retained.
    So grind level stays then? If so, that would mean I didn't waste the meseta I spent getting all three to +10 yesterday (that would be a first; the whole not-wasting-meseta part, yay).

I do still need to affix them though (which is why I inquired about the Stigma related Souls). I am thinking I may/will probably just try to go with a modest 5s setup of Ability III / Stamina III / Spirita III / Ares the Soul / Stigma* ...or something. Stigma* is solely if I can get the materials required (i.e. the Souls to boost it; I have plenty of 5s Stigma units); if not, I may have to consider replacing it with something else (not sure what though; I may be able to pull off Doom Break on one with what I have, but wouldn't be possible for all three). Also, I chose Ares instead of the others because of them being units, and thus will work with any class I choose to use (I am nowhere near being able to have multiple sets min/maxed for each ATK type, thus Ares seemed best to me).

I haven't even looked into attaching rings yet though. Is that something that I should focus on now as well, or wait til they are properly affixed first?

Quote Originally Posted by nyaaaaa View Post
    So grind level stays then? If so, that would mean I didn't waste the meseta I spent getting all three to +10 yesterday (that would be a first; the whole not-wasting-meseta part, yay).

I do still need to affix them though (which is why I inquired about the Stigma related Souls). I am thinking I may/will probably just try to go with a modest 5s setup of Ability III / Stamina III / Spirita III / Ares the Soul / Stigma* ...or something. Stigma* is solely if I can get the materials required (i.e. the Souls to boost it; I have plenty of 5s Stigma units); if not, I may have to consider replacing it with something else (not sure what though; I may be able to pull off Doom Break on one with what I have, but wouldn't be possible for all three). Also, I chose Ares instead of the others because of them being units, and thus will work with any class I choose to use (I am nowhere near being able to have multiple sets min/maxed for each ATK type, thus Ares seemed best to me).

I haven't even looked into attaching rings yet though. Is that something that I should focus on now as well, or wait til they are properly affixed first?
    Grind Level stays. Affixes, too.

Whether you want to tack on Ring Skills is up to you, you could do it now or later. It just depends on when you need more Left Rings than you're capable of holding.