Page 4054 of 4681 FirstFirst ... 3054355439544004404440514052405340544055405640574064410441544554 ... LastLast
Results 40,531 to 40,540 of 46801
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

see when people say "meme build" this is what comes to mind: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32865479

a build that is based on a meme
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%E3%83%...9D%96&src=tyah

not "a build I do not like/one trick pony/anything that deviates from The Holy Guide"

Is there a formula for grinding 14 star weapons like what we have with 13 star weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by KaizoKage View Post
    Is there a formula for grinding 14 star weapons like what we have with 13 star weapons?
    Pretty sure it's the same as 13*.

...Is there anyone with at least semi-fluency in Japanese kicking around? I've gotten a Good Job message that's baffling me. I get by for the most part -- mild familiarity with the language, and with Japanese grammar and speech conventions, and Google Translate helps fill some of the holes, where the aforementioned knowledge helps me pick up its slack -- but this one's giving me trouble because they tossed in some symbols to save space.

It's probably something esoteric -- seems to be something about White Day -- but it feels rude not to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    ...Is there anyone with at least semi-fluency in Japanese kicking around? I've gotten a Good Job message that's baffling me. I get by for the most part -- mild familiarity with the language, and with Japanese grammar and speech conventions, and Google Translate helps fill some of the holes, where the aforementioned knowledge helps me pick up its slack -- but this one's giving me trouble because they tossed in some symbols to save space.

It's probably something esoteric -- seems to be something about White Day -- but it feels rude not to respond.
    Not answering your question at all (sorry, I would help if I could).. but how do you google translate your good jobs bc I cant even copy and paste them

Quote Originally Posted by Electrochemist View Post
    Not answering your question at all (sorry, I would help if I could).. but how do you google translate your good jobs bc I cant even copy and paste them
    One way is to use the Google Translate app on a phone as it can do OCR and translate using the camera.

The slow and "painful" way is to use Google Translate's freeform handwriting feature to add the symbols one by one until you form the text to be translated.

why not just print screen it and post it here? some people might actually know how to read japanese, I also have friends who can read so I could always ask them

As others have alluded, Google Translate has a phone app that's for tourists, which scans signs and such that your camera is currently pointing at for text and opts to translate it to a language of your choice. It's not perfect -- it misreads characters on occasion -- but it's surprisingly good at accurately scanning the various Japanese syllabaries. For our purposes, though, you also can upload images to the program, including screenshots. What I do for things I can't copy and paste or read on my own is take a screenshot, edit the image to crop out the text, alt-tab to an Android emulator I have on my computer -- which I primarily use for es -- then upload it to this app, then use my own meager knowledge of the language to plug the holes Google Translate's justifiably imperfect efforts produce.

It's hardly optimal, but as I mentioned, I get by, and the combination lets me communicate pretty well with Japanese players, who are surprisingly gregarious when shown common ground -- a lot of them will even employ English phrases when speaking to me once I let them know we're not speaking my native language, or they infer it based on my exclusively using Roman characters in my Player ID and characters' names. I learn more and more about their speech conventions and grammar along the way, which improves the process all the more. Overall I really enjoy interacting with them, so I take every opportunity I can.

Hard slang and abridging throws me hard, though, which is sometimes more or less unavoidable in the small Good Job box; surprisingly gregarious or not, Japanese players will very rarely reach out via Whisper -- although I've had a fun conversation with a fellow Kamen Rider fan after doing so myself! -- so they will frequently utilize the Good Job box when wanting to make a tailored one-off comment, and as we know, you can't copy-and-paste from it, so the above workaround is my means of coping... until we run into my current predicament.

Anyway, I'm actually pretty sure this player is giving me advice on how to game the fashion catalog by employing certain tags that people frequently utilize when searching in it, haha. I liked their entry in response to their doing so for me, and they're in the tens of thousands without my help, so they seem to be sharing their path to success with me. Although given some of their apparent suggestions in the second message -- "reindeer", as in the reindeer suit, "marlin", as in the marlin head, and even "hentai", as in a perverted or indecent person, not the genre -- they could also just be fucking with me!

Anyway, after some lengthy searching for the few of kanji he used, the first Good Job he sent me was:

コーデ感謝♪※♂同土のバレンタインデーがあるらしい

This one seems to be suggesting I use White Day as one of my tags, but again, I only have the faintest of ideas.
    Last edited by Geistritter; Mar 11, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    snip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    snip.
    snip.
    Wow thanks guys haha.

I did use this website that sort of translated screenshots for me (for titles) but it was becoming increasingly apparent that it was not as accurate as I originally thought. And a multitude of mistakes can actually give a phrase a completely different meaning. Obviously I don't expect them to be perfect, the only way you can do that is by learning Japanese (or being Japanese) I'm actually planning to learn like 3 hours of Japanese a day to help alleviate my problem but that's not going to help me with cultural phrases and slang. I find the grammar so confusing compared to English as well but it's intriguing for sure.

I did hear about this app before but I was apprehensive that it was good but I've just looked it up and it seems to have pretty good reviews! Thanks for the advice man!