Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Subpalette Glitch

So I am wondering if others get this too... cause frankly it's getting really annoying when it disappears halfway during a quest.. making me not only unable to bring my map out, it also prevents me from switching weapons too! I can't bring out any menu out (I have to log out using alt+f4). The only thing I can do is do emots, switch to "shoulder view", and use my items.

Not sure if this is related to the above but during Amduscia TA, for some weird reason I get stuck at the beginning of the long corridor (at the end of which, one have to fight a vol dragon) unable to move and have to forcefully log out. T.T
    [PSO2] Gunner(54)/Ranger(50)/Hunter(45)
    [PSP2I] Vanguard Male Human(125)
    [PSP2I] Vanguard Female Human(130)
    [PSP2] Vanguard Male Human(89)
    [PSP2] Vanguard Female Human(95)
    [PSP] Hunter) Male Human(89)

Are you using the English patch? Specifically the story patch? I had a similar issue, and had to finish a TA without being able to switch my weapons at all. Fortunately I was on my 'usual' weapon/skills at the time, and I knew my hotkeys well enough where it wasn't an issue finishing but ... it was a bit inconvenient.

If you're using the English patch I recommend updating it, or simply wiping it out completely for now. If this has nothing to do with the English patch then I dunno what to tell ya

it's not related to english patch, sega fucked up something again (they announced they are aware of this bug)
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    it's not related to english patch, sega fucked up something again (they announced they are aware of this bug)
    ^ This.

All of the English patches (English Patch / English Large Files / English Story Patch / Item Translation Patch) are fully functional. These issues with the sub-palette locking up is all SEGA's doing. As a matter of fact, it has been an on-going issue with the game. Switching between the Log Window and gameplay can sometimes cause your sub-palette to lock-up as well.

SEGA really needs to fix these issues now. They're completely inexcusable to have in an Action RPG like PSO2.

Hey, let's be a bit more sympathetic of their circumstances!
    It's really difficult to code properly and fix bugs when you're drowning in cash.

So I guess the issue I've been dealing with (since I started a few days ago) is due to this same glitch? In my case, I can't even get through the beginning tutorial, because when I get to the part where I'm hit with the trap and then asked to use a monomate, after I use it, my sub-palette disappears and the only thing I can do is move the camera around (can't move, use items, access menu, etc.) Funny enough, after I alt + tab out, it then brings up the "Do you wish to logout?" window, and lets me do it...

Is there someway to get around this for the time being, or do we play the waiting game with SEGA?

when you start the tutorial it asks you whether you want to skip it
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I never heard of the glitch happening on the tutorial which is a first for me, but I have seen and heard ppl say the glitch also happens after they run Nab 2 TA don't ask why this is just what I have heard and witnessed.

It never happens to me YET, but yeah seems to be a random thing that just happens.

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    when you start the tutorial it asks you whether you want to skip it
    Well, I tend to be a completionist type, so I really didn't want to skip it. Plus, I figured it would probably just happen again not long after. If it doesn't normally ever happen in the tutorial though, it might be something on my end. I may try re-installing later and see if that helps.