Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default How would you compare PSO2 to other games?

The first thing that comes to mind to me is Fury stance and other stuff in the Hunter tree.

Let's say, junk armor for Megaman Zero. Makes you hit the hardest but you die almost in one hit. Basically like Hunar armour in PSO2. This is what I'd expect fury stance to be like, but in reality it's otherwise not a hindrance at all.

Tanking in PSO2: It's there and you can do it, but often fairly unnecessary because PSO2 relies less on "slowly kill you over time while draining your resources and maybe a surprise KO somehow" and focuses more on "chain or one hit kill you instantly while you are otherwise full on HP and can go refill on HP items whenever you want and be revived whenever you want".

Even tanking as an ancients mage in runescape was better than that ;o
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I'd call it lacking. But that's how I feel about a lot of MMO's.

It's that tanking just isn't needed in this game. Since there is dodging. iirc, WoW doesn't have dodging in it at all. Making a Tank very useful so the damage people can sit back and kill while the actual tank takes hits instead of them.

when i play pso2 it feels alot like imagine online...
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Above Average for an MMO

Below Average for a Phantasy Star game... Or maybe it IS the average for Phantasy Star games now. <_<;;

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Compare PSO2 to other games? Okay. The action is good. The RPG elements are fair. The customization is amazing. The weapon selection is grand. The visuals are fair. The content is lacking. The story telling is non-existent.

That's about everything.

what the post above me said...

include that the ingame soundtracks are great which most mmorpgs have shitty to none soundtrack these days

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'd actually argue the soundtrack is pretty terrible, myself. I would never listen to the soundtrack outside of game, except for maybe the boss themes. The stage ones... sound good when you're playing, but are not actually very musical. They just set the mood well.

Which is, actually, kind of funny. PSU had a beautiful soundtrack, but used its songs terribly. You only heard the worst of the songs, and the best ones weren't used very often. This game has bad songs, but each is used beautifully.

lacking on the bulge slider. nuff said.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Is fun Action RPG; it's far, far closer to Monster Hunter than any classic MMO I've played. Especially with the lack of actual party roles in practice. Endgame is about running really fast, or playing dressup while running things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I'd actually argue the soundtrack is pretty terrible, myself. I would never listen to the soundtrack outside of game, except for maybe the boss themes. The stage ones... sound good when you're playing, but are not actually very musical. They just set the mood well.

Which is, actually, kind of funny. PSU had a beautiful soundtrack, but used its songs terribly. You only heard the worst of the songs, and the best ones weren't used very often. This game has bad songs, but each is used beautifully.
    The thing is, they're not even meant to be songs. They're meant to enhance game immersion, and if the music does that in a video game then it's done its purpose very well.