Default Just started playing and looking for a little help

Hello! I just started playing PSO2 with my boyfriend, we don't really intend to do raids (are there raids?) or anything like that, just play with eachother. Right now I'm a level 16 Force (looking to sub-class as techer) and I really don't know what to do with my talent trees. I don't have any points spent anywhere because I'm afraid of messing up, but lately I've been having more and more PP problems so I'm thinking it might be time to start speccing.

I made a build I think MIGHT work, but before I start putting points in I wanted to check for other opinions first. I don't want to spec for any specific element, I kind of want to do decent damage to all enemies using their weak element. My boyfriend is playing a Hunter so I'm also relied on for healing (Resta is really hard to aim!). Any advice, tips, or tweaks would be greatly appreciated!

Hypothetical build link: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...fdsI2J24Q50007

First of all, no there aren't any raids unless you consider EQs ( emergency quests) as one as they appear every 2-3 hours and takes no more than 30mins for the time they are limited.

Here is a suggested build if you are looking for strait up damage.

Might want to also think what you would won't for a sub class (secondary class that you can slot after completing a CO after you reach level 20) as that would also have some impact on Forces. Primarily Fighter and Techer sub affects Force main the most.

And also, Welcome to PSO-W! Hope you like your stay

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    First of all, no there aren't any raids unless you consider EQs ( emergency quests) as one as they appear every 2-3 hours and takes no more than 30mins for the time they are limited.

Here is a suggested build if you are looking for strait up damage.

Might want to also think what you would won't for a sub class (secondary class that you can slot after completing a CO after you reach level 20) as that would also have some impact on Forces. Primarily Fighter and Techer sub affects Force main the most.

And also, Welcome to PSO-W! Hope you like your stay
    TY for the advice, and like I said I'm going for Techer as a subclass, so I'm not really going for full damage, more of a decent-damage-with-all-elements and heals build. Is getting points into ice damage not worth it?? Do you have any advice on what Mag-pet-type I should raise? I haven't even fed him once yet

If your main concern is running out of PP, then Fo/Te would be your best bet. Go straight for Charge PP Revival on Force, and either PP Restraint or PP Convert (to lv3 or lv6) on Techer.

You could also use a gunslash (gun mode) to regen PP instead of rod/wand melee or talis ranged attacks. It's fast and safe.

A split element build isn't a bad idea, especially with Element Weak Hit, but the more you spread out, the weaker each one becomes. Typically, Ice, Wind, and Light aren't focused on because of either underperforming techs, or the enemy weaknesses overlap with another (better) element.

This is the general Fo/Te build that I made for the Build sticky. I would also recommend pure 175 T-Atk on your mag, though a few points somewhere else won't hurt, so long as it's mainly Tech based by lv30 for the exclusive PP regen trigger action.

Thank you both for the advice . Do you know if you get the stats of all your weapons that you have equipped, or just the one that you have out? (i.e: If I have 5 Rods that give +10 Tech, do I have 50 Tech, or just 10 from the one I have out?)

Quote Originally Posted by Iretha View Post
    Thank you both for the advice . Do you know if you get the stats of all your weapons that you have equipped, or just the one that you have out? (i.e: If I have 5 Rods that give +10 Tech, do I have 50 Tech, or just 10 from the one I have out?)
    Only the weapon you have out. Anything on the weapon, same thing. Say one weapon has Stamina and the other does not, your HP will drop when switching to the weapon without Stamina on it.

So always use your strongest rod for all the slots. Some people use the weapon palettes for spells of different elements (and use different rods like the fork for dark because its unlocked ability boosts dark damage, for example) while others use the subpalette and leave healing/buff spells on the weapon palette. Also might be useful to learn how to use a talis early. When you're leveling techer talis wins over wand... but only if you know how to use it well.

Use talis to heal your partner, it's much easier and saves you having to dash into melee range.

Try out all the spells before committing points into a particular element branch in both force and techer. I personally hate ice spells and they don't work with my playstyle, so I would never put points in that branch on any tree. But I know others who like them.
    Making a techer tree focused on buffs, PP restoration and 10 points in each Light and Dark might be a good balance. Wind is just... not powerful, sadly, but play with the spells. I find wind spells very good for positioning the enemy than damage.