Default Great Story Thread

Now, I'm partially doing this for my own benefit, but also for the benefit for any other people who at least somewhat enjoy the story. Personally, I really like Phantasy Star Online 2's plotline, but I feel that it's a bit segmented and... has two many different things going on at once. I loved PSU's story, and PSO's was really nice as well.

Now, since I'm only starting this list, it will only be a catalog of direct dialogue from in-game cutscenes. After I complete a Matter Board and all of its corresponding chapters, I will form a general overview or summary, with another to possibly preview the chapter without spoiling it too much. I have created a new character, and have a Google Drive file on which I type up the dialogue either during or after the cutscene.

I'd really appreciate it if anybody would post their opinion on this topic! I'd like to know if there are others interested, at least a little, in the story. I don't have a set schedule for when I'll be updating this, so it may be rather sporadic when it comes to timing. Also, point out any flaws or mistakes I may have made in typing this up, as well as posting your opinion of the Story itself, if you would! Any comments would be appreciated~

Thanks goes to AIDA, Kion, and any other users who have assisted in the translation of the Story's dialogue!
    Special thanks to SEGA for writing and developing the plot itself!

Story Dialogue

Intro & Chapter 0
    Spoiler!

Xion
    Spoiler!

Summaries

Intro & Chapter 0
    Spoiler!
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster
    Lucinova - Deuman - 75 Hu, 55 Fi, 75 Fo, 80 Te, 80 Bo, 75 Su, 80 He
    Aura - CAST - 75 Fo, 77 Te
    Sylvia - CAST - 75 Ra, 76 Br

Well there's this site i made (view with chrome) before the english patch for the story. I've been meaning to write summaries for each chapter. But I got pretty lazy pretty fast on that one.

Spoiler!

And here's the over all timeline for the back story.
    Spoiler!

Since the game is mostly translated, I wouldn't focus on trying to transcribe all of the text. There's around seven thousand lines of story or more. I would suggest sticking with summaries would give players who haven't gotten into the story a clear picture of what's going on.
    Last edited by Kion; Oct 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM.

Oh Kion, I was wondering where all that stuff went, I think it used to be on your arks-layer site. I read through all that stuff after playing through all the story missions and matter board in Japanese. I still haven't tried the story patch so I actually don't know what's going on in the story beyond what you have posted there.

Gah...I was planning on doing a topic like this (including everything, story chapters, matterboard scenes, blue event tablets) while I check the story patch for mistakes, but unfortunately my internet connection has been awful this week (no connection at all during the day, occasional failures at night), so I haven't been able to start this... x-x;;;
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Ok Afin is searching for someone. Was he searching for the chick in Episode 2 2-3, that sends ringa and soma after u? I remember afin getting quite emotional after the left path on 2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Gah...I was planning on doing a topic like this (including everything, story chapters, matterboard scenes, blue event tablets) while I check the story patch for mistakes, but unfortunately my internet connection has been awful this week (no connection at all during the day, occasional failures at night), so I haven't been able to start this... x-x;;;
    Actually, that gives me an idea, perhaps we can work on this together? Because as Kion has pointed out, there is a lot of dialogue to go through, although we would both still have to play through the Story mode... But perhaps there is still something we could work on...?

I MAY just end up going with Kion's suggestion of summarizing every Chapter, but I would not be able to do that very effectively without replaying some of the earlier ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Ok Afin is searching for someone. Was he searching for the chick in Episode 2 2-3, that sends ringa and soma after u? I remember afin getting quite emotional after the left path on 2-3.
    I have not yet played the new Story Quest, I have only done through Sanctum/Dragon Altar, but from what I can tell:
    We know that Afin is searching for his sister, who seems to be the current vessel for Dark Falz [Apprentice]...
    Last edited by PokeminMaster; Oct 4, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster

Quote Originally Posted by PokeminMaster View Post
    Actually, that gives me an idea, perhaps we can work on this together? Because as Kion has pointed out, there is a lot of dialogue to go through, although we would both still have to play through the Story mode... But perhaps there is still something we could work on...?

I MAY just end up going with Kion's suggestion of summarizing every Chapter, but I would not be able to do that very effectively without replaying some of the earlier ones...
    Hmm, I have an idea...

What I was going to do was having each matterboard in different posts, and those posts linked in the first post.
    Since I'm not just cataloging which scenes happen during which matterboards, I'm also checking the story patch for mistakes, I was thinking that, since you probably could post the text from matterboards faster than me, you could continue posting more important scenes (story chapters, matterboard scenes, Xion/Matoi scenes), and when I make more complete posts with everything (story chapters, matterboard scenes, Xion/Matoi scenes, blue event tablets), you could add a link to my posts in the first post.

I guess doing summaries would be another option, and I could do posts with text from the patch, but...I'm going to be very slow at doing each MB.
    My goal is to try to do one matterboard every 2 weeks, but my connection problems this week caused a delay to this. :|
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Oct 4, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Hmm, I have an idea...

What I was going to do was having each matterboard in different posts, and those posts linked in the first post.
    Since I'm not just cataloging which scenes happen during which matterboards, I'm also checking the story patch for mistakes, I was thinking that, since you probably could post the text from matterboards faster than me, you could continue posting more important scenes (story chapters, matterboard scenes, Xion/Matoi scenes), and when I make more complete posts with everything (story chapters, matterboard scenes, Xion/Matoi scenes, blue event tablets), you could add a link to my posts in the first post.

I guess doing summaries would be another option, and I could do posts with text from the patch, but...I'm going to be very slow at doing each MB.
    I've been using my new character for much of this, but with that method, I might just be able to go back to my old character and get all the Story Quests themselves... That wouldn't include the Matterboard scenes, but it would certainly help for running everything form Ruins onward, but I would have to go back to my new character for the Matter Board scenes...

And some of the dialogue might be altered, such as Fourier asking for the time... Hm... Maybe that isn't such a good idea, I'm not too sure, so I may just continue with my new character
    SHIP 02 - PokeminMaster

Quote Originally Posted by PokeminMaster View Post

I highly recommend just writing a summary of everything. I doubt anyone is going to read the entire game line by line. Not to mention that you start to run into problems where the post is too long to fit in the forum, or massive amounts of endless embedded spoiler-box tags which get in the way more than anything.

I think just having a simple summary of:

Quote Originally Posted by example
    Chapter x:

Matter Board:
    • AP 238.2.20 Character is introduced to Ulc, a highly motivated NPC but doesn't have a lot of combat ability.

Story Chapter part 1: 238.2.18
    The character goes back to Naberius on their training mission mission again, but this time go right, finding a mysterious girl in white laying on the ground.

Matter board:
    • AP 238.2.20 Character hears about a rumored dark figure roaming Naberius for unknown reasons.

Story Mission part 2: 238.2.18
    Character returns to the training mission for yet a third time, this time going left, where the player is then introduced to a mysterious masked figure who attempts to kill the character, but is stopped by Gettemhalt, a combat loving Arks accompanied by his loli, Shina.
    Or something along these lines in general where anyone whose interested in reading through the story can see the natural progression of the game, the key points of what happens and when in order. So a story a discussion thread kind of thing.
    Last edited by Kion; Oct 4, 2013 at 10:21 PM.