Default First Charecter?

Hey guys I posted another thread an hour or two ago I should b getting this game in about an hour or so and I was just thinking my favorite char in pos ep 1 and 2 was the fonewearl the girl that did most mst damage I was just curious is there that char in this game and if so would it b ok for a first char or would it be hard to afford in this game just starting out should I make something like a hunter first to get some weps mag and meseta?

PS games, at least starting from PSO, usually recommend Hunter as start out class. It will get you right in the middle of action. If you feel a bit cautious, go with Ranger for some distance. If you have played before & are replaying, any class you want.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

If you're a veteran of the series, you can start with whatever class/race combo you like/can work with. HUcast/caseal tends to start well off, as it isn't as reliant on Techs (can't use them, obviously), and hits hard while taking hits well without the need for buffing or debuffing (though obviously those help them tremendously in the online scene). HUnewm/newearls are flexible classes that start off a bit hampered due to shortage of techs, but with their wide range of abilities can support themselves very well. HUmars/marls are similar to the newmen's range of ability, but are less accurate, hit harder with physicals, and tech damage is weaker (Shifta/Deband has same effectiveness, however, since their max tech levels are the same in this game).

As far as other classes go... Rangers tend to do well early on, thanks to 2 of the three starting areas being heavily weaker to Ranged than Melee, but suffer later on down the road when enemies jump in DFP and resistance values, particular Paru and Arca Plant (biggest kick to the nuts for them, in Super especially, is how weak guns tend to be in relation to the enemies that are effected by them most, and how most Hunters can use 90% of the good ranger weapons to better extents anyways). The humans do get access to Jellen and Zalure, but those techs aren't ass effective as they tend to stay out of range for the accuracy drop of Jellen to be effective (not to mention that when staying out of enemy range, your Aljellens [charged Jellens] won't be able to affect as many enemies, especially at the lower max tech level), and the evasion drop of Zalure is nearly negligible in effect due to Ranger's high ATA, not to mention Casts already have much higher ATA values to counter the need for Zalures themselves; to say the least of their higher DFP and the need for Jellen to reduce the damage they'd take.

Forces are as Forces go, though. They're about as effective and probably even moreso here than in PSO, since tech weapons (Rods, Wands, and Slicers [rather, Boomerangs, but called Slicers]) run their attack damage off of MSt, and they raise MST instead of ATP, increasing not only magic damage, but their melee damage as well, making Melee Forces entirely viable now without suffering penalties to their Force duty effectiveness. FOmars get a boost to Foie/Barta/Zonde tech damage, FOmarls get a big bonus to Grants damage and Resta healing power, FOnewms get a slight boost to all attack techs, but have decreased Resta effectiveness (this becomes an issue in Super, even at max tech level, when soloing, if your MST isn't drastically high, or you are using a tech weapon with massive MST variances, like White Disaster), and FOnewearls get a big boost to Megid damage and also Resta healing power. Most people tend to stick with what techs they'll be using most with their Force to determine which one they'll use, since those multipliers become pretty big increases/decreases later on with other multipliers and high MST (like Zero Cane's 110% Grants damage effect, or Al Azif and its 110% Megid effect). For online support FO's, though, FOmarl's and FOnewearls tend to be the big ones, with the increased Resta healing power and, with Gimegid spamming being a thing to assist in EVERYONE's DPS online, FOnewearls easily make up a big part of what makes a support Force online in the game. Also, a certain glitch that makes Gigrants (normally only hits once for big Light damage) hit multiple times is another reason I like using my FOmarl online, even if she is mostly for support anyways (Heaven Lv5 Magical Sign spamming Alice Olivia helps mob slaying by alot, particularly on Zalure Lv15 affected foes).

I dunno, the choice is up to you who you start with. I started with FOnewm, who is objectively the hardest starting class (lack of techs to take advantage of tech spamming, worst Resta healing of all Forces, most difficult first boss of the three races, and short-staffed on DFP and EVP to survive hits, nor the ATP to deal damage when PP ran out), and I was perfectly fine in the long run. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

well I have made my first guy I pick the fonewm I believe the force guy third choice down with the cool pointy hat any who I hit level 11 today beat the first octopus and the dragon and so far I have been having a blast I rly like how speels charge now to save room in the pallet I only have one question been bothering me is there any shortcuts to fast use like a monomate or monofluid without putting them into ur action pallet ik the GC version of ep 1 and 2 you could hit r and y together to fast access those without using the action pallet slots up..?
    Last edited by deathsway; Oct 15, 2013 at 09:12 PM.

Nah, it's lame; they really limit you with the pallet on this game. You have to change it for every different area/before boss fights usually.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Hit L and Start to open up the items menu to quick-use healing items like Monomates and Monofluids, and hit R and Start to quick-access your equips menu to swap out weapons or armor quickly. You can also hold down X while picking up items to quick-grab instead of hitting A for every item you walk over.

There are a lot of features that make this game much more easily accessible that some people just seem to overlook. The only thing you HAVE to switch your action palette around for is techs, since you can't use techs from your menu, but you're probably not going to be using a full 3+ attack techs per area, usually you'll stick to two that work, or Megid and one other for grouping and striking effective weaknessess. My palette as a Force tends to look like (normal) Light Attack/Shifta/Megid (R) [attack tech of choice]/Zalure/Resta, sometimes swapping Zalure for Anti if I don't feel like the ailments I'll face will be worth using a Unit for, but might be troublesome if left alone and not carrying Sols to heal it, though, I tend to have room for Sols, so I mostly just stick to Zalure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

I don't trust myself enough not to keep fluids on my force pallet (edit: or mates on my ranger pallet). i can't react fast enough i feel.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Grats on getting PSZ man. The online is mostly dead but you can still find some people on every now and then. This game(like all DS games I believe) uses friend codes so if you want to be able to play with anyone specific you'll need to register their code and have them register yours. There is the PSZ Revival 2 Group on this site, but it's mostly for legacy purposes now I suppose. The best class to start off with is the one that you will have the most fun with and the easiest time with, though I suppose you have that figured out already.

Points to know, read some of the guides off of the main page especially the mag and bakery ones. Also you should take a look around this forum for some guides that didn't ever get put up there. A couple that are useful when starting out are this one http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...33#post2711533 and this one http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179162

Also, as has been mentioned, rangers end up being mediocre and should only be used if you like the class and just want to have fun. Not mentioned is that in the end game HUmars and HUmarls to my knowledge fall by the wayside in their usefulness as there isn't much distinction between them and their newman cousins which do most of what they do better. Some play styles and setups are in this thread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191523