Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So...who did you have for your first character?

In an attempt to spark some conservation in this part of PSO-W, I'm curious to know what did everyone use for their first character in PSZ? And you did like the character enough to raise him/her to level 100 and perhaps still use the character or did you hate said character for some reason and retired it for good?

I recall having a HUcast for my first character but then retired it at level 20 because I suffered from Can't-decide-what-character-I-want-to-be-itis.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

FOnewm, named Chaosmaster (always been my first proxy in games; Sapphire came later on down, and only in Phantasy Star games or whenever I had to play as a female). Was a blast playing with him, got him to Lv100 in about 3 weeks after the game came out, and had him all the way up until he was my last retire, after almost 1000 hours on him, when I retired him into my FOmarl, Alice, since I only played with one cart at the time. Got my second cart up and running, and now I have 6 characters of different race/class combos, of which I only lack a Human Hunter (which I don't need at this point, HUnewearl and FOmarl do everything they could do better :P).
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

I chose RAcast for my first character because for whatever reason I always play android ranger in Phantasy Star games. I wish I had read up on rangers in PSZ before I made this decision. I got him to level 100 and messed around with him for 150+ hours before I got bored. Slowly getting back into the game now with a force.

Remembered playing a Racast as my first character in PSZ as well.

Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

My first character was a Ramar named Ivan. I liked this character quite a bit, but deleted him later to make room for other characters. My next character was my red Hucast. This is the character that I've spent most of my time with and the first character I pushed to 100. About 2 weeks ago I put Ivan back in commision too.
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.

Hunewm named... ... ...forgot name.
    ololol All I remember is waiting 5+ mins for a party online. That was great.

When I first got PSZ on its Western release date, I was initially conflicted between starting out as a RAcast or HUcast (I was a robot fan :3). I don't remember why, but I started out as a RAcast, and then created my HUcast after finishing the story with my RAcast.

I enjoyed playing PSZ as both of them, but by the time I reached the Super difficulty, I got pretty demotivated from raising my RAcast, due to how many shot-resistant enemies there were. I guess it didn't really help that I mainly grinded in Oblivion City Paru and Arca Plant. Thus, I found myself grinding Super much more with my HUcast until I found some powerful melee weapons for my RAcast (which took over a year, due to mostly playing the came casually until I finally started playing online). Therefore, I got my HUcast to Lv100 first within a year, and then took much longer getting my RAcast to Lv100, and even then, I'd be spending most of my time on PSZ as my HUcast.

Then for some reason, I wanted to try out techs, and thus started a FOmar. It was pretty fun as well, but I retired PSZ before I even got him to Lv90. However, I remember I traded a Rika's Claw to someone for a Trois Souther with 50 Accuracy Adjustment, Lv3 element, and Bright Sign, and threw that thing at anything and everything more often than spamming Rafoie and Razonde. :3

Wow. looks like quite a few people here(myself included) are just retirees reflecting on the good ol' days!

^Pretty much, Classica.

I know this statement has been said too many a time, but I'd really like a PSZ sequel. preferably on the 3ds. I've tried both psp titles, but they didn't capture me like this game did. A perfect combo of old and new Phantasy Star gameplay.