Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Me and my friend have gamecubes. He has PSO, I will only be able to get it in July (gotta revisefor gcses!! argh!). If I borrow his copy of PSO and start my own character on my console with my memory card, will I be able to use my character on my copy of the game when I get it, and go online with it?

I remember on the Dreamcast, you weren't allowed to use characters on different consoles apart from the one it was created on.

Any answers?

ummm when version one came out for DC u were allowed to copy the file to Version 2 when it came out for Dc. So I think that they will allow u to copy ur file from First Version From GC to new one.

but, im not sure if im right becuz if u try to copy the file from one memory card to another, in same version it will not allow u to do it so im not sure......

The character is on your memory card so yes. And besides in DC you couldn't use it on diffrent DC except the DC is was made on, you said you were creating it on your GC so you answered your own question already. Unless your creating it on his memeory card you cant use it because you can't copy it. It's the memory card not the console.

Cool! So it doesn't matter what disc you play the game on, it only matters what console/memory card you play on. correct?

Yep.

I started my first character at my friend's house on my own memory card and then went home after buying my GC and PSO and just played like normal. However, whenever I start up PSO, it always gives me a message saying "The files on this card are corrupt and will be deleted." Instead of agreeing, I just yank the card out and stuff it back in and it reads it fine.

It's probably what I get for buying a $5 Mad Crapz memory card

Hey Relam, do you play online? If so, I'd assume that characer works online.

I really want to start on a character to play online with, but don't want to waste time on a character i cant go online with.

(just making sure, ya'know?)

Otherwise, thankyou all!

when reading this, it sounds like you think if you start a character offline, then you cant play with it online. this is wrong. ANY character can be played both online and offline. sorry if i read that wrong

Erm, yeaah, i think my questions are anwered, thanks everyone.

just make sure you dont enter your freinds serial numbers etc... wait until you have your own copy before doing that.