Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 11 Star Weapon Abilities

All the 11 star weapons from the spell stone shop comes with the weapon potential Great Sun Deity that increases attack by 12% during sunny weather if unlocked to Level 3.

Now comes the question, when is it actually sunny?
    Some maps are pretty obvious when its sunny like Forests, Seaside and Quarries, but how about the rest? I am interested in knowing what conditions in each map that can activate the potential.
    I hope someone can answer my questions below, i will be referring to the free field areas:

Forests
    - Anytime its not raining its Sunny?

Volcanoes
    - Its never sunny down here? or is it sunny only in certain parts of the map where you can see the skies? or say Area 3?

Desert
    -Its sunny most of the time, except during sand storms?

Tundra
    -Its sunny most of the time, except during blizzards?

Underground Tunnels
    - its never sunny here? How about vadha's stage?

Ruins
    - its always sunny here?

Dragon sanctum
    - its also never sunny here? How about Dragon Ex stage?

Seaside
    - ok, i think the weather here is pretty easy to understand, but how about the Bal Rodos stage (a horizontal infinite whirlpool)

Quarries
    - its sunny almost all day long? Can't remember if they have sand storms here.

Seabed (future update)
    - based on the released early game play videos, i guess its zero sunlight here?

I am still working my way towards a 11star weapon and i am curious to know how good is it.
    Hope someone with a 11star weapon can answer the long list of questions.

As far as I know "Sunny" just means there isn't a special weather effect. It has nothing to do with whether or not there's actual sunlight.

Corollary: Boss rooms are always "sunny" because they never have weather effects.

So does that means all *11 weapons from stone shop are currently the most powerful weapons once they got their potential unlocked to level 3 and +10 with all desired affixes? (in term of fighting bosses)

There are quite a number of maps that have 'night time" patterns such as Tundra, Ruins and Coast.

It doesn't activate at those times.

Other than that, I think the potential pretty much activates almost all the time outside of weather effects (but I haven't made a thorough study on it).
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Yes, i think its pretty much that way. If not it would be so over powered in my opinion.
    I am more interested to know if they activate in areas such as Tunnels and Volcanoes.

Yes, it activates anywhere.

If there's no weather, you get a bonus.

And the night sky is a weather effect, who knew?

Do note that there is A LOT more "weather" than what Emeline has COs for.

The potential is near useless most of the time, because weather is up a goddamn lot.

They're good weapons for certain EQs and many TAs where you constantly change maps, but they're not worth the cost for an ordinary player that does way more than that unless you really do want a second main weapon just for mizer/vader/falz spamming and nab II.

Also good for Altar TA, because Nab2 and Altar cannot proc weather.

Any weather effect cancels the potential. Even the butterflies in the floating continent, the petal storm in the ruins or the fireflies in the volcano. The mist in the forest, the three different types of fog in the dragon altar...

As Z-0 said, Emeline does not list all possible weather effects at all, like blizzard in the tundra, sand storm in the quarry, thunderstorm in the floating continent, dark aura in the ruins and many more.

There is 'no weather' far less than 50% of the time in free exploration areas.
    Sun Deity is still a decent potential, but I would not bother with it much for weapons types destined to fight mobs.