Default Phantasy Star Online WebGL Model Porting

As a proof of concept while looking into WebGL i wondered if it was possible to use materials from the original PSO game and display them in the browser. Surprisingly (and mostly thanks to ********'s tools), it's possible to convert the game's files into open platform formats.

Hunter:

Ranger:

Force:

Enemies:

Audio Files:

Finding some issues with the textures. I think the way the textures are rendered with three.js splits them into different objects, applies them separately, and then regroups the object, so they're not completely smooth. I don't know what's going on with HUnewearl at the moment. That's something I think I'll have to come back and take a look at.
    Last edited by Kion; Oct 29, 2013 at 09:46 AM.

rappy is gone?

ohhhhh.

Textures still need a few tweaks, especially in humar's pants. Transparency issues also exist, as for hairs, applying the textures isn't exactly easy, aka the reason you went with coloring the model instead.

Really nice work i must say.

I just got into this, so I'm hoping I can figure out how to fix those issues. Mostly the textures seem to be made to fit the models exactly, but like you mentioned they kind of seem to be off. Also here's the rappy. If when I get to enemies, I'll add another group in the first post. And if anyone is interested in editing the files, everything is in .obj(blender) and .png files, if anyone is interest in editing or playing around with the models/textures.

That's pretty cool. The HUcaseal has some nice shine on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspaller View Post
    That's pretty cool. The HUcaseal has some nice shine on it.
    I wish I could say that was intentional, but it wasn't. I'm using the same lighting settings for all of the models in general. Managed to get a couple more done, and added audio files and rappy. Need FOnewm and FOnewearl.