Default HDD wipe question

I've been away from PSO2 since a little after Guild Houses were made; I read somewhere there was a HDD wipe of some kind? What exactly was effected by this and would it effect my character any?

It only affected users that updated during a certain period of time, and also met some other 'requirements' (such as having the game installed in a non-default folder).

It wiped various files on your HDD (seemingly random to a certain degree). Given that your character isn't saved locally, but on SEGA's servers, your characters aren't affected at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandread View Post
    It only affected users that updated during a certain period of time, and also met some other 'requirements' (such as having the game installed in a non-default folder).

It wiped various files on your HDD (seemingly random to a certain degree). Given that your character isn't saved locally, but on SEGA's servers, your characters aren't affected at all.
    Okay so my character from a year ago, should be still there right?

Character data is server sided, the same with items and accessories you have on your account. It's all stored on the server.
    Last edited by blace; Nov 1, 2013 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Minor typo.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.