Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Item drop rate?

Default Item drop rate?

So earlier I was playing PSO 1&2 Plus with my friend and we were playing on V Hard in Forests 2. So my friend was getting pummeled by a bunch of different versions of the Boomas getting pissed off so I take out my Dark Cannon and use the special to get some one hit kills and one drops a Dragon/Hp of course he had to be an ass and steal it. So I was pissed off since I never get good drops and the first one I get in a while gets stolen from me. Then I wonder what the odds are of getting that drop and look it up on here in the Items Database but apparently the only places added on here are all in easy mode so what I'm wondering is did someone just get lazy writing them out or is that drop not supposed to be possible? I am a Skyly RAmar so if anyone knows anything about it hopefully you can let me know thank you in advance.

-Spliced

I think, that when it comes to stuff like regular items, units and the like, that unless they're REALLY special, they can drop from anything.

I have no idea why nobody put up the actual drop rate for it, unless it's unknown.

^ Speculation, do not take for granted.

if you want to know where you can get the units use those two links in combination
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=813
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=812
    know your section id, know the unit you want, check the units level, check the maximum level of units that drop in the area/difficulty
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Normal mode is the only mode that has that item as a specific "rare" drop for certain enemies depending on Section ID, even though the item itself is not a Redbox "Rare" item. Outside of Normal, it is just another "Tool" drop that can drop from random enemies in V. Hard and Ultimate. In V.Hard, make sure to check the area chart that jooozek linked to to make sure that the Unit Level (which is 6 for Dragon/HP) can be found in a particular area. Hope that all made sense

Thank you all this is very helpful! That's everything I needed to know.

Dragon / HP becomes a pretty common drop in ultimate so it's nothing to worry about. Hell, you can even get God / HP in Vhard on some ID's if you really need to.

Well that's reassuring since I will most likely be in Ultimate in a week when I have time to play and level more. Also does anyone know if there is a way to boost the chances of getting rare drops?

Quote Originally Posted by Spliced View Post
    Well that's reassuring since I will most likely be in Ultimate in a week when I have time to play and level more. Also does anyone know if there is a way to boost the chances of getting rare drops?
    Sure there is. Pace around in a circle no larger and no smaller than a diameter of 1.32 meters for exactly 22 laps. Once that's done, make a sacrifice to the volcano gods and do a rain dance, just to counteract the effects of the volcano should you make the volcano gods angry. Build a giant marble statue in the likeness of Chuck Norris, then pulverize it using only punches and roundhouse kicks. Finally, lead a donkey in a counter clockwise fashion around said circle from the beginning and go like this:

That should boost your drops.

No, in all seriousness, drops are a gamble and all up to luck and probability. Each monster you kill has the chance to spawn 1 of 4 things; A normal item, a Photon Drop, Meseta, or a rare item. The only way to boost your rare drop chances would be to change the drop rates in the game itself. Nothing else has any bearing on rare drops.

And to avoid confusion, when Kroniedon says luck and probability, he didn't mean the in-game stat Luck, but real world luck. Just so you don't over eat on Luck mats or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by T0m View Post
    And to avoid confusion, when Kroniedon says luck and probability, he didn't mean the in-game stat Luck, but real world luck. Just so you don't over eat on Luck mats or anything.
    xD Yeah, I forgot all about that, and the confusion that could cause.

To rephrase what I said in less potentially confusing matter, it's kind of like playing the lottery (assuming you have a lottery system of some sort in your area or understand what a lottery is. I suppose a prize drawing would also be an acceptable term here.). Each enemy you kill is like drawing one chance to win. You may only need one chance to win your drop, or you might need 100. You might never win. All up to probability, i.e, drop rate.