Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are the essential tips I need to start the game on a right note?

My exams are finally going to end and I really want to focus in playing this game......Had it for a while already, just lack the time to play it fully.

I still don't really understand the game dynamics and can't understand a lot abbreviations. I am currently using a Br/Hu and have been feeding my mag with s atk weapons only. Is it a good choice?

For weapons, I have been buying cheap stuffs from auction house and sold all my loots to the npc. I understand that you need AC to start a shop. If I don't use AC, can I advance in my game normally or am I under heavy disadvantage?

What are the best ways to earn meseta....All the cosmetics in the shops is ridiculously expensive for me.

Sorry for being such a noob. I hope I have posted in the correct forum.

Machine and Nerve MoronSonOfBoron's Avatar

Br/Hu: This is a very good choice! If you are set on using Hunter for a subclass, stick to the Fury Stance tree and its delicious passive bonuses. The great thing about Fury and JA boosts is that they apply to Striking and Ranged attacks, both of which the Braver can use.

Mag: You're doing the right thing feeding it weapons for SATK, but also keep an eye on your Ability/Dexterity. As a Braver, you can benefit from DEX more than other classes, and may want to have that higher than most others would have it. (Most people go for pure ATK Mags due to high-end gear stat requirements).

Look in the Build Thread in the guides subforum for more information.

Arks Cash: You're not alone in not plunking down AC. While you won't be able to play the market to make a bit of extra coin off all the unusable rares you'll be finding, playing without AC doesn't place you in a bad position. Just make sure you have at least a few friends willing to jump out of B20 to quest with you...

Earning Meseta: Time Attack Client Orders. Your first order of business should be unlocking all Free Field Exploration quests from Forest through Sanctum. This will unlock Time Attack Quests, and the COs to go with each one (available from Klotho on the second floor of the Gate Area). A full TACO run on Very Hard with a good party takes about one hour to complete, netting you an easy 500,000 meseta in CO rewards every ~22 hours.

Note that all accounts can have up to two characters created without paying AC, meaning you can double dip into those TACOs for a cool 1mil each day. (A little more if you do the Hard and Normal COs too, but those will also eat time).
    Ship 2 (Ur): MAEv3, GUHUcaseal — Kagami Gavin, TEHUnewearl — Team Crimson

-I would suggest going through the guides section and pick up on some of the games mechanics. Check out the skill trees, suggested builds and whatever else tickles your fancy. Don't try to take too much in at once or it can be a little overwhelming.

-If you plan to use mainly a katana with your Braver, that's totally fine going for S-ATK. You'll have some DEX added on, but I believe a maxed BrHu is only 3 or 4 points from being able to wield all Br weapons(assuming you only put 3 into Ability Up, which is ideal IMO).

-Early on, using whatever you can get your hands on is fine as you'll be getting newer and better weapons fairly often. It's only until later in the game that you need to start putting more money into your gear. Earlier never hurts, but it's not quite needed.

-Having a shop is quite nice, but it's another thing you don't really need earlier on. It can get you some money, but you'll likely be relying on items from the AC/FUN scratches to make you any money. You can get 3 day My Shop passes from the FUN Scratch, but they are somewhat rare. You can get lucky with them though (I've personally gotten 3 passes within the last 2-3 weeks). Try to hold onto some of the rares and items that have souls or level 3 affixes on them. Affixing fodder is a good way to make some money. Other stuff can be sold to the NPCs though.

In the end, you DON'T need a shop to be successful, it can just augment your daily income.

-Once you play through enough areas, you'll start unlocking TACOs (Time Attack Client Orders), which are a great source of consistent income. If you do the COs for Normal, Hard and Very Hard, you make a little under 1m per day. That's not including any drops you get either. Good parties can clear them fairly quickly and once you start to get to the higher levels, you can clear all TACOs (all 3 difficulties) in 2 hours with a decent party. Keep in mind that each account can have two characters, so if you get both to a point where you can do a full set of TACOs (N/H/VH), you can earn about 1.8-1.9m per day.

-If you're not using the patches that are out for the game, I highly suggest using them if you cannot read japanese. With this latest update, not all patches are currently working. AIDA's Tweaker (Twerker) can be used to manage the patches and can also translate items in-game (still in the works, but still does a great job). As far as I know, only the core English patch is up to date. Using patches that aren't up to date can cause issues with your game, so try to avoid using them unless they are verified to be safe.

-The last thing I would suggest is joining up in a team. It makes things much easier for you and most people are friendly. If you're on Ship 02, there are many english speaking teams you can join. My Current team (Team Crimson) is currently recruiting and has members that would have no problem helping out. It's based on Ship 02 though, so if you're on another ship.... I can't really suggest it then.

Edit: Moron is actually a Team Crimson member as well and had the gosh darn nerve to post while I was typing. :<
    Last edited by NexusAZ; Nov 13, 2013 at 08:00 AM.

Thanks for the quick reply. It is very informative.
    Guess I would have to find a good party to get things going. I tried a normal time attack and failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusAZ View Post
    -I would suggest going through the guides section and pick up on some of the games mechanics. Check out the skill trees, suggested builds and whatever else tickles your fancy. Don't try to take too much in at once or it can be a little overwhelming.

-If you plan to use mainly a katana with your Braver, that's totally fine going for S-ATK. You'll have some DEX added on, but I believe a maxed BrHu is only 3 or 4 points from being able to wield all Br weapons(assuming you only put 3 into Ability Up, which is ideal IMO).

-Early on, using whatever you can get your hands on is fine as you'll be getting newer and better weapons fairly often. It's only until later in the game that you need to start putting more money into your gear. Earlier never hurts, but it's not quite needed.

-Having a shop is quite nice, but it's another thing you don't really need earlier on. It can get you some money, but you'll likely be relying on items from the AC/FUN scratches to make you any money. You can get 3 day My Shop passes from the FUN Scratch, but they are somewhat rare. You can get lucky with them though (I've personally gotten 3 passes within the last 2-3 weeks). Try to hold onto some of the rares and items that have souls or level 3 affixes on them. Affixing fodder is a good way to make some money. Other stuff can be sold to the NPCs though.

In the end, you DON'T need a shop to be successful, it can just augment your daily income.

-Once you play through enough areas, you'll start unlocking TACOs (Time Attack Client Orders), which are a great source of consistent income. If you do the COs for Normal, Hard and Very Hard, you make a little under 1m per day. That's not including any drops you get either. Good parties can clear them fairly quickly and once you start to get to the higher levels, you can clear all TACOs (all 3 difficulties) in 2 hours with a decent party. Keep in mind that each account can have two characters, so if you get both to a point where you can do a full set of TACOs (N/H/VH), you can earn about 1.8-1.9m per day.

-If you're not using the patches that are out for the game, I highly suggest using them if you cannot read japanese. With this latest update, not all patches are currently working. AIDA's Tweaker (Twerker) can be used to manage the patches and can also translate items in-game (still in the works, but still does a great job). As far as I know, only the core English patch is up to date. Using patches that aren't up to date can cause issues with your game, so try to avoid using them unless they are verified to be safe.

-The last thing I would suggest is joining up in a team. It makes things much easier for you and most people are friendly. If you're on Ship 02, there are many english speaking teams you can join. My Current team (Team Crimson) is currently recruiting and has members that would have no problem helping out. It's based on Ship 02 though, so if you're on another ship.... I can't really suggest it then.

Edit: Moron is actually a Team Crimson member as well and had the gosh darn nerve to post while I was typing. :<
    I am on Ship 02 as well. I will only start playing next week though. Is there any way to contact you in-game?

Yes, I am using AIDA's Tweaker as it updates way faster than the original client for me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by firezero10 View Post
    I am on Ship 02 as well. I will only start playing next week though. Is there any way to contact you in-game?

Yes, I am using AIDA's Tweaker as it updates way faster than the original client for me lol.
    Just send a message to one of the following people:

TheCrimsonDevil
    Li'na
    Asciicode
    InvaderJ

Just let one of them know you're interested in joining the team and they'll shoot an invite your way. :3

Either that or just leave your Player ID here for them to see.
    Last edited by NexusAZ; Nov 13, 2013 at 09:11 AM.

you do not do TACO's alone, bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by WildarmsRE5 View Post
    you do not do TACO's alone, bad idea.
    Not really. Makes life easier when u dont have to show a newbie how to make bank.

*coughsomeofushadtolearnbysolocough*

he's a newbie, he's doing it alone, newbie + solo TA = BAAAAAAAAD

Quote Originally Posted by WildarmsRE5 View Post
    he's a newbie, he's doing it alone, newbie + solo TA = BAAAAAAAAD
    Im he'll be fine if he learns on normal mode.