Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

<font face=times new roman color=red>Ok, I've got one of these on another message board I'm on, and well, everyone needs someone to talk to sometimes, so I made this thread. This is here so people realise they are never alone. I will at very least always listen, its just the way I am. If you want advice, post here and I will try my best. I've been through abuse of 3 kinds, so if anyone wants to talk about that, i'm here. If you just want to vent about something to get stuff off your chest, feel free. I know I will every once in a while If you dont feel right about posting something here, my email or AIM are always open to any who need it as well. <center>

Veteran Fighter

OH come on you cant do that your taking money away from my Shrink

I'm lonley talk to me /pout

/jk

But due to the massive ammount of mail I have recieved from the National Guild of Shrinks. I may have to lock/delete this thread. Depends on how big the bribes are.... Check back for further updates.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

<font face=times new roman color=red>He's probably got too much money anyways Man, my other thread on the other board has about 30+ pages to it...i could be rich lol...but alas, I guess this is my good deed I enjoy doing I like to help people feel better.<center>

Most shrinks are stupid and quick to medicate. Easy way out, take a pill for all your problems. Jus tlike people don't want to have to work to lose weight, they'd rather pop something in their mouth so they can keep sucking back their burgers and sitting on their asses. Noone wants to take the time to listen to your problems and help you find solutions to them, or just ease the burden by hearing you out. Noble cause, Sciler. Very nice of you.

<font face=times new roman color=red>Thank you Pollo. I try my best....and have been very successful. I've been told I should do this for a living, but I dont want to go to school, just to get a diploma so I can do it. I dont need to go to school for how to listen to someone. Thats all most people want. My Depression Thread on another message board is 32 pages long, with about 15-20 posts per page. Thats a lot of listening that was needed. I enjoy helping people <center>

I've studied psychology, and I've been in therapy. Psychologist and psychiatrists tend to have an overly clinical standpoint when it comes to your problems. They're rarely compassionate - mainly because it makes it that much harder if you let things get muddled with your own feelings while trying to understand another person's. Unfonrtunately, most people are looking for someone compassionate to hear their problems, and don't get what they are looking for when submitting themselves to "treatment". I don't present myself as a solution to your problems, but if you want to talk, I'll listen.

<font face=times new roman color=red>Yeah, I've been through therapy and counceling myself. The councelling wasnt bad at all, as the lady there knew a lot and mostly just listened to me, or helped me understand what had happened to me. Where as the other person seemed to just tell me things I already knew, nothing to help me feel better.

And I have an over abundance of compassion so I think thats why I like to help so much. BUT before I can offer my opinion or advice if its wanted, I also like getting the full story, I hate being lied to. I keep everything in confidence and just want the truth be told to me if someones confiding in me.

I'm just a wierd person I guess, but seeing others become happy from help I've given them is enough payment for me.
    <center>

Well, first of all, good job, Sciler, nice to see someone willing to help others selflessly. Second, psychiatrists are crap. They just line their walls with books they probably never read and diplomas from wherever and just nod and write doodles in their pads. One of the psychiatrists my mom forced me to go asked about my pets and what their names were. *cough* QUACK *cough*. They're all like that. They just sit and listen and blather some nonsense that a two-year-old could come up with and get paid for it...sheesh. Want good advice? Go to a friend, or someone who's not getting paid for it. Money motivates otherwise.

I have to admit that this game is geting me down. I find that because I am either a) male or b) lacking in rare items I don't have many PSO friends. Most people I meet never mail me, even in response to my messages. It's not even like I'm coming on like a weirdo, just "hey hows it goin?" type stuff. It came to a hed for me last night when a little jerk Ranger was bossing us around with POOR leadership, getting ahead of us, looting killing B4 we cold get hits, etc..., For christ's sake he put a TP in the last room of Nightmare 3 and expected us to realize this without running into the room like blithering idiots after bursting in. He demanded my card. I gave it to him (I almost never refuse) yet he would not give me his. "Sorry man I get to much mail, I'm in like 5 clans. Maybe when you level up I'll give it to you" well la de da...Piss of wanker! sorry I'm not in a clan, I'm sorry that Sega makes crapy merchandise resulting in 3 defective DCs each time loosing my serial number. I might have a maxed out Chr too but I HAVE A FREAKIN LIFE!

Sorry needed to Vent... I play this game to make friends and have fun. If anyone would like to do this, I'll be at the gathering tonite. Feel free to e-mail me:
    [email protected]

PS Phychritrist's often amount to to most difficult drug dealers I've ever had to deal with but I found one that changed my life. Don't knock them all. I went through several since the age of 10, my last one found the problem, diagnosed me, and got me the propler treatment, and I haven't been seriously depressed in 3 years. I am more than willing to share this experience with anyone interested, this bein a "depression" link and all..

Redefine Communities, Universally

With Hot-wired, fiber optic, Connectivity

We maintain the media's release

of the status quo ID, that we all seem to be.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Tristan on 2001-03-10 14:13 ]</font>