Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Tw PSO2 revealed - Added new pics, and concept art -

- Taiwan version will start with Episode 1~6, so Dark Falz arc and subclass
    - Taiwan will get their own Dragon/Fire and Wuxia themed, 13 weapon and outfits, and a Taiwan Black Bear Mag
    - Taiwan will follow a 3 Month major update schedule to try and catch up to Japanese server
    - Due to popular demand, keep origional Japnanese voice acting with story translation.
    - Character model hand not able to be turned into a fist, was explained as when they did that, they found a majority of test machine couldn't then run it, as they try to set the bar as low as possible to appeal to the largest audience
    - Taiwan might be able to get collab event, that is up to Gamania and the right holder, but Sega will help Gamania if possible.
    - Possible of Taiwan player playing more, so EXP requirment might be increased, will be determined in the alpha/beta test
    - Taiwan server will get their own special lobby events for Taiwan holiday, such as Dragon Boat Festival and others.

New TW outfit Female
    Spoiler!

New TW only outfit Male
    Spoiler!

Themed Lobby for Dragon Boat festival, Holiday in July something to do with a mythical lover, Chinese New year.
    Spoiler!

Dragon Claw Wand
    Spoiler!

Flame Sword Gunslash
    Spoiler!

Dragon Rod
    Spoiler!

Dragon Launcher
    Spoiler!

Taiwan Black Bear Mag
    Spoiler!

Sakai Showing off his Lilipa accessory on his cellphone, after reporter asked him if Sega will bring over these item, he seems suprised in the interest in such item, and responded that it'll depend on Gamania
    Spoiler!

Translation
    There are some stuff that haven't had the concept art and other thing shown.
    Such as the Lotus themed fans(Tali?), A type of ring covered with fire that uses both hand(Wire lance?), and feathered fan(???)

Sakai revealed, because Dragon is an important theme in Chinese culture, so the weapon and outfit theme is based on Dragon and Fire, the outfit can be seen to have chinese theme, such as historic hats, and accessories and armors.
    While showing the outfit, Sakai also revealed that he think the Japanese community would be interested in these outfit too.

The Mag is based on the popular Taiwan Black bear(The V on it's chest is it's trade mark), so they used that as the mag mascot

Themed lobby, there are many planed for the Chinese holidy, and also one special one for Gamania, that is orange themed for November 11th(Gamania's birthday) but will be awhile before shown.

Interview section(Based on gamer.com.tw interview)

Q1. Taiwan player have always been really aggresive in leveling, on managing the content, what is the schedule planned<Such as Closed, Open Beta> Time frame with major update, and what kind of content update? and when will the new Episode 2 content be planed, will it catch up to Japan?

A. PSO2 in taiwan, will be planned with a major update every three month, and seasonly monthly event, and timed event and client orders, we wish to keep the game fresh, and the planned 3 month event, is hoping to combine the major update that the Japanese version had, and release them in one batch, this include, new story, area and system.

Taiwan Open Beta version will be the version that Japan had on Dec, 12, 2012, Ep.1 Chapter 6, so before the dawn of Dark Falz, and Episode 2 is still being planned, we will let everyone know, once we have more info.

Q2. When first announced, there was words that there will be things based on that region, such as lobby and items, and you go into more detail on what PSO2 tw has?

A. PSO2 tw, has Themed lobby, weapon, accessory, outfit and other items, I hope that the Taiwan player like what our creation for the Taiwan players.

Q3. Regarding t he PSO2 voicing acting, will you be using origional voice or redub it into chinese?

A. After discusing it with Gamania, and hearing from the Taiwan players, we have decided to keep the origional Japanese voice, with Chinese text, and PSO2 has hired alot of famous Japanese VA, I hope that Taiwan player enjoys them.

Q4. PSO2 has something different, that's the sub-class, allowing player to enjoy other class, and the free job change, can you explain this and what made you design this?

A. When PSO2 OBed in Japan, there was no Sub-class, but when we OB in Taiwan, there will be subclass, in PSO2, each job has it's own unique skill, with the sub-class feature, we wisht he player to mix and match skill to create their own job, like a Hunter that can use magic, so the player can have more fun.

Q5. The Ark that the player play as, they can't make a fist, why is that?

A. This is a difficulit question(Laugh) When designing the game, we wanted the most player possible to enjoy the game, and we don't want such high requirement, so seeing the resource needed to make Ark make a fist, we had to give this up.

Q6. PSO2 has some interesting art direction, how is it designed?

A. This goes back to PSO serie being a RPG game, when designing PSO2, I thought that if it is a sci-fi themed, then it wouldn't matter what we added in, so that's the direction we went with.
    Especially MMORPG, need to cater to the widest audience, if we had gone with a fantasy theme, then having Hatsune Miku appearing, will be an odd tone, so we went with sci-fi, which can add in anything.
    And Sega is really focused on PSO2's art direction, we are one of the few group in Sega that have our own dedicated art team, and the art team gain their inspiration from anime, manga, young people's culture and adding it into the game.

Q7. PSO2 has alot of collab in Japan, such as Mahou Shoujo Madoka, and others, will Taiwan version get these?

A. Madoka is really popular in Japan, and I hear it is popular here in Taiwan too, Sega and Gamania will discuss this with the right holder and see if it's possible to do these collab in Taiwan version.

Q8. Then PSO2 also had a collab and concert with Miku, will Taiwan PSO2 get these collab, or with other, such as Black Rock Shooter?

A. This is similiar ot the previous question, we know that Miku is really popular in Taiwan, so Sega and Gamania will discuss this with the right holder, to see if it's possible.

Q9. Will Taiwan PSO2 get the new Mine Defense quest early?

A. regarding this, we will work with the content on Episode 2, let Taiwan player enjoy it, please wait patiently, while we formulate a schedule.

Q10. Any word to the Taiwan players/fans?

A. PSO2 first forray into the international gaming market is Taiwan, I am happy that you all will get to enjoy this, this is a game created to cater to the Japanese gaming crowd, so we are slightly worried if the Taiwan player will enjoy it, but to use the PSO2 team, this is our jewel, and we have pride in it, and we did alot of customization just for the Taiwan players, we hope you will like and support our game.

Q11. Will the EXP requirement be different?

A. We have heard about the gaming habit in Taiwan, we will test and question and figure out a best plan that will satasify the Taiwan player.

Q12. Currently PSO2 has PC, PS vita and Android, these 3 platform, PC and PS vita are shared server, while Android is a support, will Android version or Vita version be released in Taiwan?

A. We have no news to announce for Vita and Cellphone version, we will work on the PC version success first.

Q13. After Episode 2, will there be more thing that you and your team can reveal? will there be more interesting planet to explore?

A. We had just released the 12 person EQ, Mine defense this week, and also the 2014 plan, this include the crafting system, this allows player to make lower class weapon into 10 star weapon, and also customizing your own spell and others.
    We also showed that there will be a 1 year annivesary event for the Vita version, and on April and May increase the feature in Ep.2, regarding planets, we don't have a specific plan, but that doesn't mean there isn't a plan, maybe, here is a tease, umm..there probabely won't be any in the first quarter of 2014, or there might be new planet.

Q14. Due to the 2nd class, and new wepeans, will there be more weapon slots, the current limit is six weapon slot to switch, will this be increased for Taiwan version?

A. There is currently no plan in Japan version to increase weapon slot, so same for Tw version.

Q15. Will there be more quest variety beside kill X number of mobs? such as defending a base?

A. We just released the mine defense in Japan recently, and no matter in Taiwan or Japan, we wish to discover new way to play, so please wait for more news.

Q16. In the Japanese version of PSO2, such as Hunter Fury stance, or Braver stance, these skill when activated are not permanant, will this be changed to permant in Taiwan version?

A. Because this affect the balance of the game, so there is no such plan

Q. 17 PC version, of PSO2, when switching targeting on locked on monster, you can only switch between two monster, will there be change to the Taiwan version, or will it be like the Vita version, auto locking onto the nearest monster?

A. Currently, Taiwan version is the same as Japan version.

Q. 18 Client order CD is it still 22 hour, or will it be like Daily Order, reseting at a set time everyday?

A. CD is also based on Japanese version, there is no plan to change.

Q19. The current AQ doesn't seem to match the new map release, when Taiwan version release, how will the AQ and new content be scheduled?

A. PSO2 when designing, we wanted player to be familiar with the playstyle and strategy first, then add in new and harder content, so both are not released at the same time, Taiwan version might be different, we will see how the situation go and set it up as such.

Q20. Taiwan version feature, beside outfit and accessory, will there be new modes?

A. This is still not yet decided, on the Japanese 1 year annivesary we decided on the Mine defense, so we do not know if there will be new mode for Taiwan annivesary.

Q21. The story of PSO2 has many memoriable scene, after released in Taiwan, will there be a playback feature?

A. This is a feature that not only Taiwan player are interested in, so are the Japanese players, we are planning somthing, so please stay tuned for this.

Q22. I think not all weapon have new design, some aren't shown?

A. In weapon, Taiwan has 13, we had 13 planned, just haven't shown and don't plan to release all in one go.

Q23. Is there plan to release and sell physical item, such as Rappy keychean?
    A. *Shows off Lilipa cellphone accessory* You mean this? Will Taiwan player like this? *All reporter nods their head* This will depend on Sega and Gamania.

Q24. Can I ask the playing habit of Japanese players? such as average playtime and favored class?

A. Although there are some hardcore player that play for 8 hour straight, the majority of players only play 2~3 hour.
    In Job, Hunter is the most popular, 40% of player will choose this, weapon is double saber, probabely because everyone likes Star War, I added Double Saber because I am a fan of Star war.

Q25. PSo2 in Japan has expanded quite a b it, any advice or suggestion for new players?

A. True, in Japan there is difference between new and veteran players, so we did Ark helper and Ark road to assist new players
    But we discovered in Ep.2 after going through the tutorial, player going from Forest to Cave is taking even longer then the team thought, so we are making accomadation
    Japan is currently planning cellphone release, then we should get a influx of new player, we will add in content to assist new players, and also do collab event and quest for New and veteran players so we hope such content will increase relation between old and new players.

Q26 After Japan released the 12 person Quest, 3 Team each, but system doesn't seem to have a quick team form feature?

A. This is a Emergency Quest, and from what we've seen, there isn't alot of time spent on forming teams, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Q27. What gender and job do you play as?
    I only use Male Chara(Laugh) Just kidding, I actually have characters on every server, and all job are different on them, my main is a hunter, and I use a gunslash

Q28. What is your most memoriable interaction with players?

A. Hm.. Most memoriable, TW won't have this early on, But it's the Miku Live, with everyone going Wow, and then going to fight Dark Falze
    and on the NicoNico live broadcast, we also have Keyword, for items, and when we announce the word, we can see the viewer typing the words and adding in t heir own sound effect, that was fun, alot of Keyword I usually choose those that are different and fun.

Sakai also brought gift for the reporters, at their request, he signed them all and drew a monster he did for the Phantasy Star serie

Source
    http://www.gamebase.com.tw/news/topic/96724039/
    http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/8/90408.html
    Last edited by Sizustar; Dec 19, 2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Adding more content
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

is wasabii.tw getting it?
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    is wasabii.tw getting it?
    Last I heard, Gamania has the right to publish it in Taiwan.
    http://tw.gamania.com/

Aka. Black Orange according to Taiwan player that I had partied with.
    They say it's something like the disdain for EA with Western gamer.

Screenshot dump
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Spoiler!

I want this sword.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

damn, all that stuff is sure hideous
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Lol SEGA trolls.

“No human beings, regardless of who they might be, want to look directly at their own shortcomings.”
    ― Tatsuhiko Takimoto, Welcome to the N.H.K.

Possible of Taiwan player playing more, so EXP requirment might be increased
    Sega you monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    Sega you monsters
    Lol I remember when the grinding was so stupid that after one day of getting to lvl 20 I gave up on leveling for like 2 weeks.

“No human beings, regardless of who they might be, want to look directly at their own shortcomings.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    Sega you monsters
    Well, according to Sakai, the average gameplay time for Japanese player is 2~3 hour, which for Taiwan, and other HK player, that have more hardcore players, it might be 5~12 hour, or even longer(Remember something about a news about a Taiwan player that played at a netcafe till he died, and the other customer just ignored the police and paramadic and continue playing), like Ragnarok Online, they had to increase the exp level limit from the international version, because player was reaching max level in 20 hour?

But I want that bear Mag.

Screenshot dump

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Well, according to Sakai, the average gameplay time for Japanese player is 2~3 hour, which for Taiwan, and other HK player, that have more hardcore players, it might be 5~12 hour, or even longer(Remember something about a news about a Taiwan player that played at a netcafe till he died, and the other customer just ignored the police and paramadic and continue playing), like Ragnarok Online, they had to increase the exp level limit from the international version, because player was reaching max level in 20 hour?

But I want that bear Mag.
    2-3 Hours? I find that kind of hard to believe. But maybe thats Ship 1. Who knows. I usually play 8 hours at a time and cant level for crap. Probably just me. A lot better with leveling with my alt then trying to level with my main when it was hard. I mean I put almost 250 hours into my first month and still leveled terribly before my PC crashed (Then I didn't play for 4 months)