Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Default Arksenth's Guide for Poor People to Make Meseta!

There's a lot of questions out there about how to farm Meseta; as an expert in this field, I'm going to do my best to explain all of your options. I rarely do TAs and I don't spend much AC (only the stuff my friends/teammates give to me as gifts) - yet I still make about 50m a month or so on average. TA isn't the only way to make meseta! Note that this guide assumes that you'll be at endgame. If you aren't, and you're looking to make meseta - the only thing I can recommend is that you level to 60+ first, otherwise it becomes a significantly bigger chore.

Time Attack Client Orders (TACOs)

A customary first mention, blah, blah. This is the answer that everyone always points to when everyone asks about "how to get Meseta" and it's true that TACOs are the most straight-forward way of earning Meseta. My recommendation is only to do VH TACOs, which net you 500k a day, since the other TACOs aren't time efficient enough - you can get these COs from Klotho on the upper floor of the main lobby. A good enough party will get through all of these TAs in less than 45 minutes.

Sometimes you can get abducted: my recommendation is that you always go through the abduction if possible with the fastest route. On VH, you're guaranteed 4-6 Photon Spheres from the Clones at the end, which net you 400k+; on SH, you get all that plus a clear reward bonus of 50k-200k depending on your rank.

However, note that TACOs are definitely not the most efficient way of earning meseta, and in the long run, take too long to really earn those high-ticket items that run for 100m+. However, the benefit of TACOs is that it gives you meseta in pure form. Any other more efficient method will depend on you having a shop - which can be done through either AC Cash, or for free (if harder to get) through FUN Scratch.

FUN Scratch

FUN Scratches are essential to earning large quantities of meseta if you aren't an AC player; as mentioned before, while TA methods do earn you a decent amount of meseta, they aren't efficient at all. FUN Scratches have a chance of giving you a 3 day shop, which allows you to maximize your meseta earning capacity for three days, as well as upload any stored items you may have for maximal profit.

Beyond shops, FUN Scratches often serve as a source of instant meseta through the items given. FUN Scratch items typically run from 1k - 1m in value, with an average of (if you choose a proper scratch time) 50-100k a scratch.

A few notes on strategies for FUN Scratches: it is far more efficient to hold onto a large quantity of FUN and then scratch it out in one go than it is to use your FUN on a daily basis. Remember that your storage, especially if you're a free player, is limited - and holding a few dozen tickets and affix/grind items will significantly lower the valuable space you have to hold other items of value, so it's best to scratch all your FUN points when you have or intend to obtain a shop.

But also, FUN Scratch items will vary in value. Certain tickets will enjoy greater popularity over other tickets - for instance, a Dance or Bed LA will almost certainly remain consistently high in price. Thus, a good time to scratch would be when the current rotation contains one of these items - with every new FUN Scratch rotation, I typically check the prices to determine if the scratch is sufficiently valuable after the item values have settled. Contrary to popular belief, it's typically better to scratch closer to the end of a cycle than it is to the beginning, as the more common affix/grind items will rise at the end of the rotation. Typically, one gains greater meseta from these affix/grind items than they do from more volatile, and rarer tickets.

On getting a shop: in my practice, certain squares will have certain item pools for each individual player (although some items are shared between pools). These item pools will change between rotations. Thus, if you get a shop on a certain square for one rotation, it would be wise to repeat that square over and over again for the duration of the rotation, as that's the square that spawns shops - I can typically get 4+ shop tickets in a rotation by doing this if I locate the square early.

Affixes
    In the course of playing, you'll get a great deal of equipment. Some of it is actually surprisingly valuable in terms of being fodder!

Souls are obvious ones - however, some souls are commoner or less sought after than others, so only souls of that type with a high number of affixes will carry any value. Value tends to fluctuate a little for these items, so best practice is to type the soul into the shop search box and determine how much the general price that soul goes around for so and so number of slots. I've put in in italics the ones that tend to be less expensive below.

A quick list of the souls drops you should be checking for value:
    Mizer Soul
    Fang Soul
    Ra'nsa Soul
    Gwana Soul
    Vol Soul
    Quartz Soul
    Ragne Soul
    Elder Soul
    Wolga Soul

Org Soul
    Cougar Soul (Units Only)

General affixes are also a great way of earning meseta. Units, being rarer and tending to have fewer slots on average than weapons, tend to be pricer than weapons if they carry these affixes. See below for a list of the affixes you should be checking for value:

Weapons
    Technique III (3+ slots)
    Shoot III (2+ slots)
    Power III (2+ slots)
    Spirita III (3+ slots)
    Stamina III (3+ slots)

Units
    Technique I to III
    Shoot I to III
    Power I to III
    Spirita I to III
    Stamina I to III
    Modulator/Vinculum/Ability III (situational)

It becomes more complicated to price if you have affixes in conjunction with each other (e.g. Tech III and Quartz etc), so you might have to get a bit estimatey on this based on the values of each. Finally, if you're really dead set on making the most use of the affix drops you get, it's possible to make less valuable affixes into more valuable ones that are sellable - for instance, if you have 3 Power II (3s) weapons that has one with a Mutation I on it, you can make a Power III (3s) weapon - but this is pretty situational and requires a good understanding of the affix system, so I won't get too deep into it.

Finally, a trick for affixes is that if you keep a low-leveled class around, you can buy cheap 1s Power/Shoot/Tech affixes from the unit shop and turn these into a profit - shops refresh every 10 minutes, or if you change blocks. On their own, these units don't go for much, but since you can buy them in bulk, you can easily change them into III or multi-slot affixes.

Advanced Quests
    A quick note on AQs; since these aren't very popular anymore, this can actually work to the advantage of anyone looking to make a quick profit. Affix prices for III affixes have massively skyrocketed in value and will likely remain high for a few months. Similarly, Photon Crystal prices are now trending fairly high - excellent since AQs have a high rate of clones. Finally, AQ stones can be converted into 10*s which can then be converted into Excubes that can be traded in for 1000 FUN Passes for quick meseta. It's best if you can get three other friends/teammates together to spam AQs, however.

Generally speaking, the most profitable AQs to spam (due to boss soul drops and to cheaply/properly convertable 10*s) are:
    Forest
    Volcano
    Desert
    Tundra
    F. Continent

The best time, by far, to do AQ is if you or someone you know has a "Clone Flag" - which means that either they or one of the people on their friends list have been abducted recently. If this occurs, you're almost guaranteed to get a Clone spawn in every AQ you run, which means that each AQ run will net you at least 400k meseta from the Photon Spheres alone in a full party. Have your friends and teammates keep you informed on if they've recently been abducted in their TACOs.

Matter Boards
    Matter board drops have nice affixes, which can run upwards of 100k or so, so it's not a bad idea to work your way through if you have time. More significantly, however, the 14th Matter Board items, the H10 TMG and Fortuna, cost 4m and 1m respectively currently. So while I'm not dwelling too much on this point since they're only one-time bonuses, they're still pretty significant one-time bonuses.

Item Drops/Rare Hunting
    Not very efficient, but it adds a bonus of about 30k a quest or so vending trash items, so it's not a terribly bad idea to do so whenever you have a chance.

Convert any 10* weapon you get under 100k in value (assuming that you don't need 10* tickets if you have premium, or for dismantling in the new customization update) into excubes.
    Convert any set of 5 10* units you get under 15k each into Photon Spheres.

Daily Order items, especially ones that drop from SH and have 0/99 exchanges, can often go for a relatively high price. For instance, if Wolga Kneecaps are going for 10k each, that's 30k a run with a full party.

Buying and Reselling
    20% Affix Boosts tend to sell like hotcakes - but for some reason, the price is always slightly higher than the cost of the cheapest 8 AC items. It's also smart to buy at the start of a rotation to stock up at the end as well.

The rules for buying and reselling otherwise tend to be pretty un-intuitive and varied though, but keep an eye on the current search on shop to see if there's anything you can turn into a profit.

Extreme Quest Tickets
    Extreme Quest tickets can sell for about 300k a run at current market rate if you can find a buyer; note that you will have to use two tickets for each run since you have to pay for yourself and the other player as well. If you get a shop, before it expires, put cheap consumables up for 300k each in order to facilitate this in the future if you choose to do so (thanks EvilMag).

Overall, that's just off the top of my head. There's honestly a ton of options you have for making meseta, and it's hard to list all of them. You can ask any questions you have, though.
    Last edited by Arksenth; Jan 12, 2014 at 02:18 AM.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

20% affix boosts sell at high prices quickly because people are willing to pay high prices to affix that fancy 10* with 4-5 different affixes.

Well, obviously; the key is that unless someone else has been buying them off the market, the prices of the materials used to make 20% Affix Boosts tend to be at least 100k less than selling the boost.

Also check tickets for this purpose, not just costumes - cheap ones tend to go untouched for long periods of time as they're not as convenient to buy as costumes as it's harder to tell the difference between an AC and non-AC ticket.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arksenth View Post
    Well, obviously; the key is that unless someone else has been buying them off the market, the prices of the materials used to make 20% Affix Boosts tend to be at least 100k less than selling the boost.

Also check tickets for this purpose, not just costumes - cheap ones tend to go untouched for long periods of time as they're not as convenient to buy as costumes as it's harder to tell the difference between an AC and non-AC ticket.
    For an English speaking player that may be the case that it's difficult to tell the difference between two tickets. However I have a hard time seeing any JP speaking players not being able to read the names properly.

If you have a bit of AC you can make memeta easily trading between ships.

Power Boost for example can be bought for 7~8m on some ships and could be sold for 15m on a couple of ships.

Thanks for the guide. Comes in handy for a noob such as myself.

Could you expand on the affixing section, such as tips, where to hunt them, what to NPC and what to put up in the shops...

Thank youu
    Come on over to the EXP FULL Ship 2 Voice chat to get involved with the growing community here: www.expfull.com/chat
    Whats happening with Team EXP FULL? Check out: http://www.expfull.com/

There's really too much to write about, but if you're specifically looking to hunt Affixes, I would get a group together to do either F. Continent AQ for Quartz or Desert AQ for Mizer. The best rule of thumb is if you spot an affix fodder that could be potentially expensive, look it up in the shop search using "ability name" and number of affixes.

Note that pricing rules differ drastically for units and weapons. For instance, while a Shoot I affix won't get expensive until around 5s for weapons (and even then only cost like 50k), a Shoot I affix can go for even 10k just for 2s on a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    For an English speaking player that may be the case that it's difficult to tell the difference between two tickets. However I have a hard time seeing any JP speaking players not being able to read the names properly.
    Why, does it actually say on the ticket which scratch it's from?

Cause I'm pretty sure most Japanese players don't have the entire list of accessories memorized.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Roughly how much FUN points should I scratch in one go? Also, is your method of acquiring shops from scratch reliable?