Default Cinematic's in English?

Hi Guys!
    Myself along with 4 of my long time PSO buddies have finally reached the cold hard truth...an English Port is not coming anytime soon, if at all. With that being said, I haven't started yet (Because I'm waiting for them to log on and get me a friend code for presents!) but I have clicked character creation just to see what happens.

Now, I'm using the Tweaker, and the game starts, my English patch, large file, and story patch's are all up to date. All of my menu's are in English. With that being said, right when you hit character creation, the first cinematic is still subbed in Japanese. Obviously since I haven't clicked past the video, I don't know if it's supposed to be that way, or if something is wrong with my patching, but is it normal? Did the cinematics not get translated...or have I don't something suspect?

Thanks all, hopefully I'm we can fix this, or maybe I did everything right and it's supposed to be that way!!!

Thanks Guys!
    Keep calm and PSO on!

Your patching is fine. Since cinematics are videos, I imagine it's a bit tricky/impossible to resub them.

I completely understand, and I was praying that's the response I would received. Hopefully that unanimous and we just both didn't make the same mistake? Lol

Unless the opening cinematic was updated to break the english file since I recorded this video it should be displaying in english. Skip to about 43 seconds in.

Last edited by PrinceBrightstar; Jan 2, 2014 at 07:05 PM.

Something broke the English intro in Nov. 13th update, the intro was in English the previous weekend (I did some videos that day) but I haven't seen it again since then (but I haven't checked it after every story patch update either).

Guess that would explain why it's never been translated for me. Neat to see what's actually said there. I got the gist of it watching a let's play with decent voice over translations.

No Problem!
    I figured I would just Google every cinematic and just look for subbed versions on YouTube. I still haven't started the game yet...we're all going to start tonight, but the work you guys have done from what I can see is just astounding. Congrats to everyone who had a part in making an English Translation possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarrowsmith View Post
    No Problem!
    I figured I would just Google every cinematic and just look for subbed versions on YouTube.
    I have a playlist for just that, actually. Check the link in my sig.

Be warned, however, that those videos (and the ones I'll finally be uploading later tonight (yes, I figured now was better than never for a shameless plug)) were recorded using older versions of the patch, so the dialogue might seem off in places (whereas it might've been fixed in newer versions).