Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default So what's the Fighter meta like these days?

FI/HU get some nice twin daggers and Bloody S everything?
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Also get some nice Knuckles and Backhand Smash things. Getting some nice Double Sabers and Deadly Archer things that don't like Backhand Smash.

This seems so familiar...
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Symphonic Drive Lv.16 is reportedly supposed to out-DPS both Deadly Archer and Backhand Smash

1. Re-roll as Braver.
    2. Score.

I played my 61/56 Fighter for some matterboard stuff yesterday.
    Felt weak as shit. Don't know why. Took around 8 Backhand Smashes to kill Ringarda in the story quest via his exposed weak point.
    Then I did the same battle with my Gu/Hus and killed Ringarda in one Messiah Time.

Already got 65 Braver, have 60 hunter, (and 50 fighter and 56 gunner and 31 ranger and 28 force for what it's worth).

I'm not looking for optimal efficiency, I'm looking to mix things up.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Quote Originally Posted by HeyItsTHK View Post
    I'm not looking for optimal efficiency, I'm looking to mix things up.
    Finally someone who understand simple things. Bravo ! =) I totally agree. If not, I wouldn't be playing FIghter/TEcher...

Quote Originally Posted by Arksenth View Post
    Symphonic Drive Lv.16 is reportedly supposed to out-DPS both Deadly Archer and Backhand Smash
    I like the sounds of this, will test later.

I don't know if Symphonic drive is better paper DPS, but it tends to be better real DPS. It's precise, it tracks, and it has a nice bit of AOE - plus it has a novel ability to hit the weak point even if you miss (like how additional bullet tends to prioritize headshots, even on some enemies that are facing away from you - SD will hit the weakest point in its small AOE).

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I don't know if Symphonic drive is better paper DPS, but it tends to be better real DPS.
    Pretty much. For moving targets or hitting weakspots symphonic drive is really good, like breaking the backparts of those gorudorada or boss parts such as quartz's wings in MPAs. Bloody sarabande is probably the PA of choice to clear mobs that are either stationary or enemies moving towards you, as it doesn't send them flying away. Just jump into a pack and you can get rid off them in one or two PAs. Having said that if you use bloody sarabande after other PAs like shoot polka or raging walz you can get more use out of it.
    Nevertheless PAs like backhand smash, straight charge, quake howling are still useful. If you run XQ, backhand smash is one of the PA, as fighter, that you want to have in your setup, as it is one of those PAs does huge one hit damage instantly, and depending on stage clearing condition you might have to use it. Same with deadly archer if you have something like DS legacy with status effect on it, it can come in handy.
    But if you know what you are doing, all fighter weapons and their PAs are still deadly. For example if you use fake capture or rumbling moon on a garongo you can flip them and apply deadly archer onto their weak spot.
    PSO2 characters:
    Ship 10: Huq (HU:70, RA:70, FO:70, FI:70, GU:70, TE:70, BR:70)
    Ship 02: Rizzla (HU:65, RA:40, FO:18, FI:65, GU:10, TE:00, BR:65)