Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Original_DFO View Post
    It's pretty much like unlucky explained. I'm surprised that people STILL dont know how elements on melee and range weapons work.
    -Ambiguous unexplained game mechanics are ambiguous and unexplained. The moment something requires you to look through a fansite, and do multi-step algebra to figure out how it works, it's probably not as common knowledge as you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Original_DFO View Post
    Ive known this fact since 2012 and I been called horrible names by B20 whenever I try to explain this to them LOL.
    -No need to be a hipster.

For reference:

It's not that the bonus elemental atk ignores defense. They described the formula poorly. Correctly, because :math:, but poorly.

It's more like ( (striking damage) + (elemental damage) - (defense) ) * all sorts of multipliers

When you subtract the defense doesn't matter. Shit, you could subtract defense first and end up with a negative value at the start. It doesn't matter. Also, yes, the elemental damage is susceptible to same-type multipliers as far as I've ever seen. That means striking on striking attacks and ranged on ranged attacks. Whatever bonuses the rest of your attack would have gotten, the elemental portion gets too.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Striking damage = [(Total S-atk/5)-(enemy S-def/5)]*Striking damage modifier
    Elemental damage = Weapon S-atk(that does not include affixes)/5 * Elemental value/100* Elemental damage modifier
    Total striking damage = (Striking damage+Elemental damage)*PA and skill tree*1.05

Ranged = same thing as striking but replace with ranged, obviously.

Tech damage = [(Total T-atk/5)-(Enemy T-def/5)]*Elemental modifier*PA and skill tree*1.05

Random *1.05 because SEGA.

Random *1.05 because SEGA. I doubt it's random most likely an assigned % to the formula that where unaware off.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    For reference:

It's not that the bonus elemental atk ignores defense. They described the formula poorly. Correctly, because :math:, but poorly.

It's more like ( (striking damage) + (elemental damage) - (defense) ) * all sorts of multipliers

When you subtract the defense doesn't matter. Shit, you could subtract defense first and end up with a negative value at the start. It doesn't matter. Also, yes, the elemental damage is susceptible to same-type multipliers as far as I've ever seen. That means striking on striking attacks and ranged on ranged attacks. Whatever bonuses the rest of your attack would have gotten, the elemental portion gets too.
    While it's not relevant to actual gameplay, and for the most part you're right, I'm pretty sure any negative damage would be rounded to 0, thus, in any situation where an enemy completely negates your damage, the elemental damage would always go through regardless of how much fall of there is.

Unless it DOESN'T round to zero... then that's just silly.

Well yes, if the value is negative due to defense at the end of the equation it deals 1 point of damage.

But no, I'm pretty sure the elemental portion doesn't let you deal more than 1 damage to enemies with extremely high stats. It's still mitigated by defense, it just doesn't seem like it because it adds to your previous total.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide