Default Question: Finishing quest/killing boss influence rare block appearance?

Ok, I've been on a constant hunt trying to find the Pizza Shop rare block in Dark Shrine, running only the quest "Mother's Memory". I don't finish the quest (fight the two bosses) and instead check every dead end, then telepipe back to town and reset the quest. My theory in doing this is since the quest map is pretty much short, It would be faster hunting the rare block. Of course, so far, I haven't had any luck making it appear and I'm starting to wonder if finishing the quest has any influence on rare block appear rates.

I guess what I want to ask is does finishing/fighting the bosses have any influence on whether or not the rare block would show up the next time you start the quest or no? Has anyone found rare blocks using the method above?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Darri; Jan 15, 2014 at 08:28 PM.

When I hunt the rare blocks I almost never actually beat the boss, and I found them all eventually. It's a 2% chance every time you enter, as in once you go through the teleporter all the rooms and their contents are generated, most likely independent of what you did in the last run. Based on my own experience I haven't had any trouble with omitting the bosses, so yeah.

Hey thanks for the reply and answer! That gives me great peace of mind. Funny thing is I keep running into the arena so I guess I'm doing something right.

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

Yeah, bosses aren't important, and neither is past experiences. Just random each time. I know almost every time I do my first online solo run of Paru on the get together nights for PSZ, I always run into a Rappy Nest... despite the low odds, it's been almost a 50/50 chance that I find it. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Does playing online increase the chances of finding rare blocks? That's pretty sick. I've only found a booma nest during my entire time playing this game and I wasn't even looking for it.

Oh found the pizza shop btw, right after the day I've posted this thread!

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

I don't know if it does, but I'm pretty sure you're basically guaranteed some rare encounter every run you do online, be it a rare room, a boosted enemy, or a rare enemy spawn. I did several runs last night and every run had one of the three, my Dark Shrine run in particular had back-to-back Phobos Dyna / Eulidveil spawns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277