Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Any indication of the remaining online lifespan for PSP2?

Does anyone else feel like this game may not have too long to go? I mean, I HOPE it does but... of course the PSP is an aging machine now and PSU has been gone for some time.

I am tempted to fix my old PSP or buy a new one just for this game (PSP2 or PSP2i) but... of course I don't want to spend that time/money if the servers will be down soon or soonish.

Opinions?
    Currently playing PSO2 and PSO:BB and trying to revive PSU.
    Username: Nearly always "Hoppimike".

The US/EU PSP2 online service should've been shut down a long time ago. 99.5% of the community, if you can call it that, are only cheaters. It's time to pull the plug, Sega. Or Sony. Whoever's hosting it.
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60

You know you can just play it offline, right? That's what I plan to do when I finally get myself the required system lol. As was said above, online is full of hackers so there's no point in spending the money if that's all you want to do (it's honestly the exact opposite of what you said). Just be sure to back up your data before hand if you must play with randoms.

And PSU is also fully playable on PC and PS2 :<

If y'all obsessed with online, there's an MMO devoted to that.

What mission can i find spread needle? Anyone knows, please
    Last edited by iC3 lightning; Jan 22, 2014 at 03:19 PM.

Really? The EU and US servers are all down? When did they come down? I think I last played it online that I remember in 2011 o.O

I live in Europe (I was playing it in Malta but I normally live in the UK).

Quote Originally Posted by hoppimike View Post
    Really? The EU and US servers are all down? When did they come down? I think I last played it online that I remember in 2011 o.O

I live in Europe (I was playing it in Malta but I normally live in the UK).
    Bout a 4 years ago I think?

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    Bout a 4 years ago I think?
    But 4 years ago would make it 2010, and I was playing in 2011. In fact, I remember successfully connecting more recently than that, I'm sure!

I need to try this again...

They aren't THAT old games. PSP2 was apparently only released in Europe (and the States) in late 2010 and PSP2i was released in early 2011 (I assume in Japan).

I would imagine the servers would be up until at least 2012 o.O

EDIT -- Oh wait, wait. I feel like an idiot. I think I mis-read this post:

Quote Originally Posted by JC200X View Post
    The US/EU PSP2 online service should've been shut down a long time ago. 99.5% of the community, if you can call it that, are only cheaters. It's time to pull the plug, Sega. Or Sony. Whoever's hosting it.
    I somehow managed to misread that as they have already been shut down a long time ago.

I need to somehow get my PSP to charge again so I can check this first-hand.
    Last edited by hoppimike; Jan 22, 2014 at 12:12 AM.

Have fun trying to start up a party without a random that comes in and messes with the drop rates and/or clearing out the map with a single PA.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    Have fun trying to start up a party without a random that comes in and messes with the drop rates and/or clearing out the map with a single PA.
    That's so weird. I remember it being totally hack-free in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by hoppimike View Post
    That's so weird. I remember it being totally hack-free in 2011
    Every room I saw was in multicolor madness and encouraged hacking in the community.

There was a group dedicated to meeting up for a few runs in PSP2, but it hasn't been active for a while. There are also a lot of people that were instantly leveled to 200, and have no experience with the game.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.