Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PSU is amazing!

.....Sigh....

I really miss the unity that Phantasy Star games had. Now this is just a community divided by opinions. Look, just because some people think the game is good doesn't mean they're wrong. Some people this is the first MMORPG they ever played. For some it's not. Everyone is different in their experience and opinions.

This is what is amazing about this community. We're all different. I don't agree with some things but who am I to judge others or put them down for it? Why am I going to go out of my way to try to prove otherwise? People will live their lives the way they want to live and their opinions, behavior, etc defines them. I appreciate that about this community...About humankind.

I say for those who can love all Phantasy Star games, or some, or just one.... Let's enjoy it! And for those individuals who still love PSU, I agree!

I don't know what community you think you were a part of, but any PS community I have ever taken part in - all the way back to 2003 - it's always been opinions, greed, cliques, and anger.

If you think people are buttmad about things now you must have never noticed any of the rage threads over "stolen" drops.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I don't know what community you think you were a part of, but any PS community I have ever taken part in - all the way back to 2003 - it's always been opinions, greed, cliques, and anger.

If you think people are buttmad about things now you must have never noticed any of the rage threads over "stolen" drops.
    Crazy ass assumptions. O_o; slow down senpai. You don't even know me or anything so slow your roll my man. I'm just trying to give a different perspective on things. Not everyone is going to view things the same way, that's a given, so why do we gotta get defensive about it? There's better ways to deal with things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussei View Post
    Crazy ass assumptions. O_o; slow down senpai. You don't even know me or anything so slow your roll my man. I'm just trying to give a different perspective on things. Not everyone is going to view things the same way, that's a given, so why do we gotta get defensive about it? There's better ways to deal with things.
    I made literally zero assumptions about you or assertions that I know you.

You're doing both of those things.

I'm telling you straight up that in my experience virtually nothing has changed.

I made literally zero assumptions about you or assertions that I know you.

You're doing both of those things.

I'm telling you straight up that in my experience virtually nothing has changed.
    I'm sorry for misunderstanding you. But I have indeed been lurking these forums for a long time, years. I just chose never to partake. I know this is common. Can't expect people not to feel some type of way. But I hate to see people be so bitter for too long. It get concerning when it's all I see all the time. Real life and online.

I think everyone should just do what makes them happy. Leave the people alone who do what they like to do. if you don't agree doesn't mean you gotta bite their face off. Know what I mean? That just causes unnecessary problems.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

that's amazing because PSU was just like this lol

I remember meeting a ton of cool peeps in PSO. Like, almost everyone. PSU community was absolutely wretched though.

I used to be a bully on PSU because people would get mad over petty shit. Like sitting on their character. This still works on PSO2. Try it in Block 20. ;P

I loved it too when people would announce that they Blacklisted someone to the lobby. Ahhh..... Being young and dumb... lol. The weird RPG families lol. "Mom and Dad~! ^__^" Hmm... Lobby spam... Haha. I was mean.

I no longer get the joy of that anymore. No time for that. Too old. :P jk

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

There's a lot of weapon types that I miss. The stuff in PSO2 doesn't do it well enough for me. Although I'm very happy with the Sword changes.

I miss Axes, I miss Twin Sabers and Shotguns. Grenade Launchers weren't all that fantastic, but I still loved and used them pretty often.

I miss being able to use a lot more weapon types in general. I loved the lobbies and it pains me that I'll likely never see them again. As pathetic as it sounds.

The community for this game brought around a lot of life changing events for me. I made a lot of friends, a few enemies. In the end, the community is and always been a pool of festering, hateful and entitled dickheads that spend most of their free time jerkin' it to lolis and trying to convince others they are smarter than each other. It took a lot of work to find the good things and a fair bit of growing up on my end to realize it.

I don't think any particular game matters for the PS series as they all have their moments and I think I enjoyed each of them for different reasons. I can confidently say that the community is a everything that I mention before with the occasional gem that -really- shines out. Sometimes I'm guilty of contributing to some bullshit but these days I stay out of it.

Usually.

It's odd to think that 'hackers' largely fucked over the community but at the same time, it might have saved a large portion of the population some grief of being assraped repeatedly by ST's bullshit. I think what they are doing with PSO2 is infinitely better, but I nostalgia goggles for certain aspects that I'm aware have no place in the current game.

The PS community does however, have some incredibly hard working people that continue to allow us to keep playing a game that we get no support for on these shores and 'almost' makes me reconsider anything I said. But not quite. So thank you, again to all the translators, hackers, modders and generally hateful people for letting us steal a section of the internet that the goddamn japs might not otherwise share if it wasn't for them.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-