Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thanks,
    Really? I usually use more than those; the more the coloring is complicated, the more layers I use. I don't know, I feel more comfortable when I put everything in its layer
    But I like to see how you paint, do you have a tuto or a speed paint on YT?
    Last edited by Shinureal; Feb 3, 2014 at 10:13 AM.
    Busy doing nothing...

Wow! all this in one layer!! pretty strong.
    Busy doing nothing...

Well, not 'all'. I only separate the character from the background, because that works a bit faster. The whole painting of the background and foreground is done in a single layer. Once I start with the FX I start adding lots of layers, but that's only for the last 1 hour of making the artwork. The most part I want to paint with as few layers as possible. They only distract and slow down.

Well, just the background in one layer is out of my league I'm used to multiple layers now.
    And btw, I like your color degradation technic, it's the opposite of mine, I'm gotta try it and see if I can use it in the futur
    Busy doing nothing...

Work in progression: Matoi for the Feb 2014 Jam on PSA.

Spoiler!

But unfortunatly, I don't think I'll finish it in time, because RIGHT NOW my desktop just died on me and I'm used to work on it on the huge TV, just can't draw on the small screen of the laptop :/
    Busy doing nothing...

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

You just have to get it done before voting starts. That's not necessarily at the end of the month.

A shame cuz im curious as to what you would have done with Matoi and my styles :V

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Shinureal View Post
    Well, just the background in one layer is out of my league I'm used to multiple layers now.
    And btw, I like your color degradation technic, it's the opposite of mine, I'm gotta try it and see if I can use it in the futur
    Well, begin with trying to focus more on the big picture, instead of the details. Remember that in the end, most people will look at your picture from 'far away'. Paintings work in a same way, in that they are mostly viewed form a distance. Thats why you can get away with rough brushstrokes. I always try to keep that in my paintings to give them a refined like from a distance, yet there is this nice and rough edge.

To me whats most important in a picture is mood, balance of color and a balance of composition. A nice flow in every shape and color. Soft shapes and low contrast for a more relaxed mood and high contrast and sharp shapes for a more aggressive mood. The actual subject and details are more a secondary thing.

I always grab the full intention of the artwork in the very first dirty sketch I make. The rest is just filling in the gaps.

You'll get there as well if you can let go of some of the layers, one at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    You just have to get it done before voting starts. That's not necessarily at the end of the month.
    Well, I hope that damn thing got fixed soon. Did I mention that I mostly play PSO2 on it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    A shame cuz im curious as to what you would have done with Matoi and my styles :V
    TBH, me too , my strategy was like: first let's start with a simple drawing, once finished, let's figure out how to "sayara-ize" it.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    You'll get there as well if you can let go of some of the layers, one at a time
    Well, trying with a different approach isn't bad at all, it adds to the experience Next Jam gotta be Q style lol.
    Busy doing nothing...