Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pickup the physical copy so you do not have to constantly format your Vita when switching between JP and US PSN accounts. You can only link your SEGA ID to one PSN, so choose wisely.

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YodasMaster View Post
    Pickup the physical copy so you do not have to constantly format your Vita when switching between JP and US PSN accounts. You can only link your SEGA ID to one PSN, so choose wisely.
    UPDATE

I created a Japanese PSN account on my PS3 and downloaded PSO2. I was able to load my Japanese PSN ID, after much pain and turmoil, on my Vita. I got PSO2 up and running, but it looks like I need to create a SEGA ID to play. I will have to look up what my ID was on DC and GC. At any rate, I am going to have to pour over the guides here to figure out how to navigate through all the Japanese text.

More than likely, I am going to just buy a physical copy on pay day. I'll use the next two weeks to get familiar. I don't want to have to constantly have to switch back and forth between PSN accounts. What a hassle that is.
    Last edited by kevlar_pso; Jan 27, 2014 at 05:50 PM.

The SEGA ID account you create now will be linked to the japanese SEN account, so.. hmmm, you will have to create a new SEGA ID account if you plan to play on your local SEN account when you get the physical copy. Or, you can unlink the account from the japanese SEN account an then use it with another one, but this is a one time only process.

The Sega ID is probably not related to the Dreamcast or Gamecube games as it's mostly used for their Japanese services. They're help around here and with a bit of help and some trial and error, you'll be navigating those menus in no time. I use the physical version on my JP account. I don't think there will ever be anything offered through PSN, so using it with your most used account would be the most ideal thing to do.

Also know most of the English community is on Ship 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara-hime View Post
    The Sega ID is probably not related to the Dreamcast or Gamecube games as it's mostly used for their Japanese services. They're help around here and with a bit of help and some trial and error, you'll be navigating those menus in no time. I use the physical version on my JP account. I don't think there will ever be anything offered through PSN, so using it with your most used account would be the most ideal thing to do.

Also know most of the English community is on Ship 2.
    I see, I should have figured that DC and GC SEGA ID were for SEGA in the US.

I watched someone play a bunch of PSO2 PC on twitch late last night as I was having trouble sleeping. It looks amazing.

Maybe I will just be content to watch twitch and youtube of PSO2 for now. You can't play offline without a SEGA JPN ID right?

Anyways, are there any former Challenge Mode players or Xbox players on Ship 2? I am looking forward to playing with you all.

You can't play offline at all. It's an online only F2P game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    You can't play offline at all. It's an online only F2P game.
    I see.

Well, I am backing up PSO2 to my laptop atm. I am going to read up on the faqs and guides tonight after the kids are finally asleep.