Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Snow Banshee/Banther

Is it just me or is this boss the most annoying for a RA?

The Fang Banshee/Banther and Snow Banshee/Banther are some of the only enemies in the game that have any sort of challenge. Maybe that's because they are aggressive, unlike most enemies.

I'm honestly surprised that Sega hasn't nerfed them by now. Usually if there is any sort of possible challenge, Sega will be sure to nerf it.
    Quit PSO2

Blu/Novae Ringada are way leagues more challenging than Banthers.

Derp, forgot to actually address the OP.

Yes, Banthers are annoying for RA, the best advice I can give if you don't have a nother class to fight them with, or need to be ranger to fight them is to just WB their faces and unload. I haven't really fought them as a ranger without a subclass to back it up though so I'm not sure. I assume you're fighting them for the first time so I can't really say "use paralell slider", and launchers root you down a bit too much to be useful against them solo. If you're in a party though it shouldn't be a problem, what ship are you on, I could help if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that Sega hasn't nerfed them by now. Usually if there is any sort of possible challenge, Sega will be sure to nerf it.
    Banther doesn't attack as often or try to combo on normal, but they did stuff like that to all the bosses so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Last edited by Kondibon; Feb 6, 2014 at 05:34 AM.

Don't worry /too much/ on breaking every piece and focus on the head like mentioned.
    If you're exclusively RA, use PAs that you can hit from with afar. Grenade Shell, One Point, Sneak. Use them quickly. If you're targeting the head you'll most likely get the headshot.

If you have access to Gunner you could use an allclass mech and let loose on them that way with the handy shift dodges.

The hardest part is if you can't burst one to pieces when the second one drops it gets 2000x harder. But i still try to prioritize the banshee still to kill her off.

Also, if you see them getting ready to roar or blow ice thats a swell time to WB/Sneak shot their head to pieces. If you have alot of points in standing snipe and weak hit

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Yea I think I've been trying to go for the legs first so he slides every time he dashes to make it a little bit easier. Should try going all out headshots.

Yes, Banthers are annoying for RA, the best advice I can give if you don't have a nother class to fight them with, or need to be ranger to fight them is to just WB their faces and unload. I haven't really fought them as a ranger without a subclass to back it up though so I'm not sure. I assume you're fighting them for the first time so I can't really say "use paralell slider", and launchers root you down a bit too much to be useful against them solo. If you're in a party though it shouldn't be a problem, what ship are you on, I could help if you like.
    If you would like to help I'm usually on ship 10. Name is Khaos.

Go RA/GU and do weak bullet chain trigger on their head. They will not move, they will be stunned until they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Heh Zesh makes Ringahda look like a chump. He moves around more than Ringahda.
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

Yeah, ranger's one weakness really is its limited range.

/me bitchslaps sega for recoil on guns
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget