That sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Doesn't China have their own version?

That sucks?
    nope, they banned china because rmt/botting
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

The initial post is some racist bullshit.

I've never once run into a JP player that seemed to resent my presence. Variety is the spice of life, and xenophobia is being tolerated less and less around the world every day.

The proportions of "good versus bad" people are roughly the same everywhere you go. Just because Japan has a more rigorous and punishing education system than the U.S. doesn't mean that less of its residents turn out to be assholes. You can't teach goodness.
    Last edited by MidCap; Feb 23, 2014 at 12:31 PM.

Hey OP do you realize that racism isn't just shitting on another culture but also creepily putting one on a pedestal because you have a fetish for it? It's you. You're the tomato in the mirror. You're the kind of American dingus Japanese folks actually hate because you think 2ch speaks for all of them.

I speak JP to the JP players. If they ask I tell them Im murican. And they are like "honto?? suge" or something. And we play. That's usually it. But I don't like the annoying loud people on ship 2, but I just moved here. I'm happy to have some English people around.

K I read the whole thread and I think OP dislikes anyone who isn't fluent in the Moon. I hold Japanese in a high regard-but I also hold other people in a high regard because I have respect generally for all people.
    Last edited by Asuni; Mar 4, 2014 at 11:29 PM.

Mixae: Ship 2
    o(≧▼≦○〃パンチ

All it comes down to is play respectfully, short chat is fun and symbol arts are fun but spamming them is fucking annoying.
    Don't over use the triggered short chats in parties/mpa, because some of us are trying to focus.
    Make an effort to talk to JP players if they talk to you, your in one of their parties or you invite one of them into your party.

I know little Japanese yet i can still hold enough of a dialogue to communicate and talk to JP players. Praise be to Google translate.
    I used fast enough that some JP players have asked what software I use or do I actually know Japanese.

Now for the those of certain taste we all know that's where block 01 comes in.

Carry on playing with respect to others and making an effort and you should rarely have issues, unless you meet an arsehole.
    Last edited by azulleth; Jun 7, 2017 at 01:50 AM.

Holy necro, batman

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    "Bad" meaning "shitty player"? If we are talking about player skill, tons of Japanese players are horrible at PSO2. However generally speaking, Japanese players are far more skilled than English players. It's a massive difference. Not only are they generally better at the game, but they have a better sense of teamwork and cooperation, so even a weak player can contribute to the party. If you have a problem with someone, you can usually solve the problem right away by talking to them about it. Most of the time they willing to work it out.

Or "Bad" meaning "asshole"? In all of my thousands of hours playing and talking with Japanese players in PSOBB, PSU and PSO2, only a small handful have been jerks. It's extremely rare. Psycho Wand rare. In PSOBB, we would drop all of the rares we found from the quest on the floor in town, do rock paper scissors to determine the order, and then take turns picking up the rares. I did that literally thousands of times and not even once did someone steal something and run.

Same goes for item trades. Even though PSOBB had a proper trade window, we would often just drop the items on the floor because it was quicker. I did trades like this at least 30 times and only once did someone take my item and disconnect.... only to return a minute later and apologize for getting disconnected. We resumed the trade like normal.

It is very rare for a Japanese player to be a jerk, even a little bit. It almost never happens. The closest you can find to this would be someone who sucks at the game and unknowingly does something that upsets others. If you talk to them about it, you can probably handle it.
    I have not had any problems with jp players since i started playing PSO2 if anything my friend list has a nice amount on it, I have been befriending jps far back as final fantasy XI, i cant tell you how many times my whm or rdm has been scooped up during late night hours only to have a kick ass party that would end with them all adding me to friends list and dishing out bows,hugs, and kisses before leaving, i even have MANY jp friends in real life, so i have none of these issues you all may have with jps i am just fine.