Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Ranting about JP and English Players

So we can look forward to more players who think they are playing an English game? People who think it's cool to be stupid loud assholes, or who speak English in public MPAs assuming everyone else understand them. People who play the game in a selfish way, have little consideration for others and no sense of teamwork. And people who don't spend money on AC.

AIDA, you have helped many English players to play PSO2, which sounds like a good thing. But it actually has done more harm than good. The Japanese players always complained about these kinds of players. Some of them have moved to other ships because of how bad ship 2 has gotten. I play with Japanese players a lot and many of them are very upset about it. I'm upset about it too because I didn't expect Ship 2 to get this bad.

The English patch is largely to blame. If there was no English patch, then people would need to learn some Japanese to fully enjoy the game. There would be less English players in general, and they would be better behaved and more dedicated. They would talk to and play with the Japanese players, and they would learn that being an asshole is a bad thing and that teamwork is important.

I'm sure Sega is receiving complaints about this all the time. On ship 2, the English population continues to grow while the Japanese population shrinks. New Japanese players avoid ship 2. It's gotten to the point where it's a major problem and if this keeps up, something big could end up happening.

The best thing would be an official English version. The next best thing would be to block the English patch. Sega needs to do something because Ship 2 is a mess right now.

Anyone else here who plays with Japanese players on a regular basis who can back me up on this? Or anyone who plays with Japanese players who disagrees with me?
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    The English patch is largely to blame. If there was no English patch, then people would need to learn some Japanese to fully enjoy the game. There would be less English players in general, and they would be better behaved and more dedicated. They would talk to and play with the Japanese players, and they would learn that being an asshole is a bad thing and that teamwork is important.

Anyone else here who plays with Japanese players on a regular basis who can back me up on this? Or anyone who plays with Japanese players who disagrees with me?
    That's an extremely baseless complaint, do you have anything to back that up. Because all the JP players I teamed up with haven't kicked me, and I also have quite a few friend invites from them.

If the English Patch didn't exist, you still wouldn't need to learn Japanese to get through in this game. The menu's are so easy to navigate it's not harder than looking at a guide.

It really sounds like you only seen crummy players, English or not.

And the Japanese population hasn't been shrinking it's quite active, not active during NA hours of course. Ship 2 is far from a mess.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I'm with Totori on this. the JPs I've played really enjoy my kind. They appreciate me speaking to them through Google translate. I remember one of them even asked me if she could meet up with my team and she really enjoyed us.

I was also able to memorize all the menus in like a few days when the game first came out so you can throw the "English patch makes people play the game" out of the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

So we can look forward to more players who think they are playing an English game? People who think it's cool to be stupid loud assholes, or who speak English in public MPAs assuming everyone else understand them. People who play the game in a selfish way, have little consideration for others and no sense of teamwork. And people who don't spend money on AC.

AIDA, you have helped many English players to play PSO2, which sounds like a good thing. But it actually has done more harm than good. The Japanese players always complained about these kinds of players. Some of them have moved to other ships because of how bad ship 2 has gotten. I play with Japanese players a lot and many of them are very upset about it. I'm upset about it too because I didn't expect Ship 2 to get this bad.

I'm sure Sega is receiving complaints about this all the time. On ship 2, the English population continues to grow while the Japanese population shrinks. New Japanese players avoid ship 2. It's gotten to the point where it's a major problem and if this keeps up, something big could end up happening.

The best thing would be an official English version. The next best thing would be to block the English patch. Sega needs to do something because Ship 2 is a mess right now.

Because some players (mostly on B20) are dicks, AIDA's patch is ruining the game, and every non-Japanese player is a dick by association? I'm not sure I follow your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    That's an extremely baseless complaint, do you have anything to back that up. Because all the JP players I teamed up with haven't kicked me, and I also have quite a few friend invites from them.

If the English Patch didn't exist, you still wouldn't need to learn Japanese to get through in this game. The menu's are so easy to navigate it's not harder than looking at a guide.

It really sounds like you only seen crummy players, English or not.

And the Japanese population hasn't been shrinking it's quite active, not active during NA hours of course. Ship 2 is far from a mess.
    Do you speak Japanese when you play with Japanese players? That would make a difference in how willing they are to complain about English players to you. I should have clarified that.
    Quit PSO2

Do you speak Japanese when you play with Japanese players? That would make a difference in how willing they are to complain about English players to you. I should have clarified that.
    I speak English, and very openly. Most JP players won't even bother to speak out in chat. But that doesn't limit me from using Japanese if need be.

But the way you put it, they seem rather assy that they would only complain about "English" Players, to you due to your name.

But still do you have anything to back up what you said in the first place?

most japanese players i party with dont really care much if im a english speaker.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Inazuma has a point.

You have several kinds of jp. The average jp don't give a fuck, the jp version of weeaboo loves to interact with importers. Some teams even "adopt" one as a mascot to show off.

The only group that matters, the hardcore type that expends a lot of meseta/ac together with their followers (2ch collective) hates importers. This is the most vocal group, and the only one that holds any sway over segac.

Japanese people are very peculiar and have all those nonsensical rules that they expect everyone to follow. The japanese gold rule here is "when in rome, do as the roman's do". As long as you follow this one you won't have any trouble. Even if the client is in english, it really pays off to know at least a little japanese so you can communicate with the natives and learn what rules you are supposed to follow.
    Last edited by Ratazana; Feb 7, 2014 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    I speak English, and very openly. Most JP players won't even bother to speak out in chat. But that doesn't limit me from using Japanese if need be.

But the way you put it, they seem rather assy that they would only complain about "English" Players, to you due to your name.

But still do you have anything to back up what you said in the first place?
    Only thousands of hours playing and talking with Japanese players, in Japanese. Not even just on PSO2. I've been doing this since PSOBB. I know what I'm talking about. I'm the only foreigner in my team, also.

Anyone who knows Japanese and who has spent a lot of time playing with the Japanese who can add their two cents here?

By the way, I am not saying that the Japanese hate people just for being foreigners. They just generally dislike bad people. It's not that crazy if you understand their point of view. They have a lot of respect for foreigners who are polite and considerate. Same thing if they see you are trying to learn the Japanese language and/or Japanese culture/manners. I couldn't tell you how many times they sent me friend requests when they find out I'm actually American.
    Quit PSO2

You know, a thing such as "Bad Japanese people" do exist. Still it sounds like you only really knew about some really racist JP players. I can't see their point of view, it's completely ridiculous.