Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

These are the best kind of gaijins. Spamming chat with shitty autowords every 5 seconds. This is just a little bit of what I've seen in LQ lately on B10.

I just use normal english in my autowords. SHort simple stuff, nothing fancy and I don't autoword every action. I also know a little Japanese and have Japanese Short-cut words (Namely Hello and thank you) and this has earnt me a few Japanese friends in-game who just appreciate the fact that I do try to integrate even with what little knowledge I have and that I'm open to learning.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for most English-speaking players. And I have met players from Germany, Italy etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    You know, a thing such as "Bad Japanese people" do exist. Still it sounds like you only really knew about some really racist JP players. I can't see their point of view, it's completely ridiculous.
    "Bad" meaning "shitty player"? If we are talking about player skill, tons of Japanese players are horrible at PSO2. However generally speaking, Japanese players are far more skilled than English players. It's a massive difference. Not only are they generally better at the game, but they have a better sense of teamwork and cooperation, so even a weak player can contribute to the party. If you have a problem with someone, you can usually solve the problem right away by talking to them about it. Most of the time they willing to work it out.

Or "Bad" meaning "asshole"? In all of my thousands of hours playing and talking with Japanese players in PSOBB, PSU and PSO2, only a small handful have been jerks. It's extremely rare. Psycho Wand rare. In PSOBB, we would drop all of the rares we found from the quest on the floor in town, do rock paper scissors to determine the order, and then take turns picking up the rares. I did that literally thousands of times and not even once did someone steal something and run.

Same goes for item trades. Even though PSOBB had a proper trade window, we would often just drop the items on the floor because it was quicker. I did trades like this at least 30 times and only once did someone take my item and disconnect.... only to return a minute later and apologize for getting disconnected. We resumed the trade like normal.

It is very rare for a Japanese player to be a jerk, even a little bit. It almost never happens. The closest you can find to this would be someone who sucks at the game and unknowingly does something that upsets others. If you talk to them about it, you can probably handle it.
    Quit PSO2

Yeah, the Japanese have a culture that frowns on such dishonesty, and while there is always exceptions to the rule, they are thankfully in the few.

To understand the Japanese, you have to understand that it isn't just a different language, but also a different society with differing rules, culture, ways of thinking.

By bad I do mean Jerk, I couldn't care for skill each player can have their own playstyle. Believe it or not Jerky Japanese players do exist, it's not something unheard of. Check many MMO's some JP players even go outta the way to blacklist known foreign players.

you know, i would actually like SEGAC to start banning for openly talking in english, it's just so retarded to see all that spam unfold just because SEGAC isn't actively banning people; they all seem to believe they can just shit everywhere on everything
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur View Post
    These are the best kind of gaijins. Spamming chat with shitty autowords every 5 seconds. This is just a little bit of what I've seen in LQ lately on B10.

img
    This is not exclusive to English players.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    This is not exclusive to English players.
    I don't see JP players spamming English autowords or "rez pls" constantly in local.

Inazumamamamamamamama, If you for a second think that SEGA is going to listen to people complaining about English players, then you have another thingk coming to you. We generate them income and are a pretty large user base. Not only that, if those Japanese players don't like playing with us, guess what? THEY CAN GO FUCKING PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE. MAGIC RIGHT?! WELL GUESS WHAT? SINCE AIDA RELEASE AN ENGLISH PATCH NOW I CAN DO THE SAME THING! I CAN PLAY WITH WHOEVER I WANT TO? Isn't that magic bro?

Next time you say something like this, stop yourself and ask: is it really a good idea for me to post in a mostly English speaking forum about a game called phantasy star and talk about how we shouldn't play the game we obviously enjoy? Magic is in the fuckin air.
    Last edited by Sayara; Feb 8, 2014 at 09:02 AM.

region block incoming in 3... 2... 1...
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget