Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Game Crashes on Most Emergency Quests

I don't know what's going on, but I always get super excited when an emergency quest arises, but then when I leave the campship to start the mission, it loads for a couple seconds and just crashes to my desktop with no error codes. I reload the game, try again, same thing. Usually whenever it crashes on normal missions I'm able to jump back in no problem.

Information about my computer/game installation that might help find the problem:

OS: Windows 8 (I upgraded from Windows 7 sometime ago, I had played the game a couple years back when I had Windows 7 and I had no problems, I'm not sure if this is an issue. The new OS has however allowed me to play the game with shaders without crashing on startup, so that's a plus)

English Patch Installed
    English Large Files Installed
    English Item Patch Installed
    English Story Patch about to be uninstalled, because I've heard this causing crashes in missions.

Might as well go do a file check without patches if you're using the normal launcher (third button from the top) or on tweaker "Check for PSO2 updates" and click on no for checking everything and see if shows missing or bad files.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. So should I uninstall all English Patches and run a file check?

Alrighty then, I'll get on that now.

EDIT: Okay, so in the tweaker, I open up the Orb Menu, and click on "Check for PSO2 Updates," where do I click no for checking everything? As soon as I hit Check for PSO2 Updates, it just starts checking immediately.
    Last edited by LockTheSlayer; Feb 9, 2014 at 05:13 PM.

Yeah, Tweaker also stopped asking if I was up to date last week to know if only need to load the new stuff. I assumed it was on purpose.

Side note, enable file back when patching if you haven't already, it eliminate the need to re-download the vanilla files.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

For now, checking the files seems to have fixed my problem, I was able to play three emergency quests without crashing. So that's good news. I'll keep you updated if I crash again later.

Okay, so since the recent patch, I'm crashing on Kartargot Extermination at random times, I played the quest earlier, but now I'm crashing once I leave the campship to start the mission. Should I do another file check? Will I need to do one after every patch?

Alright, I'm beginning to worry that it's my computer that's having troubles. I've reinstalled this game 3 times now, twice with the torrent, and once with the tweaker, all of which yield crashes upon starting emergency quests EXCEPT Dark Falz, that one has had no issues.

What do? Am I maybe missing files crucial to emergency quests? Except that wouldn't make sense cuz I've reinstalled multiple times.

Which version of the english patch are you using?
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Which version of the english patch are you using?
    Which ever version the Tweaker installs/updates.