Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Pitfalls of Pure T-ATK?

For my second character I want to do a super casual Force / Techer. Probably swapping to Techer ASAP to go get PP Restraint and Elemental Weak Hit.

I am NOT looking for a guide or crazy build for super high DPS. I'm doing enough reading and laboring over my main. I'm just looking for a quick idiot check on doing the T-ATK race female, both T-ATK classes, and a pure T-ATK mag.

Looks like base T-DEF gets high enough to use whatever armor eventually.

Should I do any level of DEX on my mag for min damage, or stick to pure T-ATK?

Anything I'm missing?

There's no problem with going full T-ATK these days, really. Some people advocate for putting something like 20-30 DEX on your mag to equip some of those rarer DEX-stat items and to even out your damage a little, but you won't see huge gains either way, so meh.

Tech users don't need Dex but a pure tatk mag ain't necessary either. Its only flat dmg atk and u will be able to equip all rods, wands and tails as do fo/te or te/fo. Unless ur ocean about stats, just feed the mag only tech stuff.

As te sub, I suggest only putting 3 points in pp convert while maxing elemental weak hit. Also max wind masteries, and max t def up. Maxing t def up will allow to eat Ranges thunder better.
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

=|

You... can't even max both wind masteries, elemental weak hit, t-def up and have 3 points in PP convert. That's not even possible with 75 SP. Even if you sacrifice Territory Burst and PP Restraint, both of which are teching mainstays.

I don't even understand why one would max T-DEF Up over all of the other perks that TE has anyway?

PP Convert has fallen out of favor since Sazan got its boosts, as you can't really effectively branch into both sides of the tree without some major sacrifices. Wind Masteries take priority now, and with PP efficiency craft recipes, you'd never even need to touch PP Convert anyway.
    Last edited by Arksenth; Feb 19, 2014 at 04:58 PM.

Oh my god, maxing t-def just to tank an attack of Dark Ragne? TC, please don't do that.

Pure T-atk is fine, the only thing is you won't be able to equip Elysion as a female Newman without 7 S-atk on the mag as Te/Fo. Equipping Elysion as Fo/Te needs way too much S-atk, so you shouldn't bother with that at all.

Well if you wanted to use Elysion, you'd need a bit of S-Atk to equip it.

Green Duel Gaze would also be pretty useful for Sazan, which requires Dex.

If you just wanna do it the easy way, feed it tech weapons without caring to reduce Dex. Your mag will cap out earlier and you'll be able to equip every Rod/Talis.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Well if you wanted to use Elysion, you'd need a bit of S-Atk to equip it.

Green Duel Gaze would also be pretty useful for Sazan, which requires Dex.

If you just wanna do it the easy way, feed it tech weapons without caring to reduce Dex. Your mag will cap out earlier and you'll be able to equip every Rod/Talis.

Elysion? yes and LOADS OF CASH.

lvl2 is killing me.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    Elysion? yes and LOADS OF CASH.

lvl2 is killing me.
    ._. It only cost me 18m to Lv. 3 +10 my Elysion, and that was with an incredibly crappy grind luck... That's not a lot of meseta at all, is it?

I think I spent 15m on mine, but I had +2 risk reducers in the bank.

That's pretty fair for what it is.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Well i'm poor lol.

and dishing out 3mil afer only spending 200 k to get it to 10 on lvl 1 bites lol.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.