Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post

Well, TC, you can see how an unactivated Zondeel and an activated Zondeel looks like.
    An unactivated Zondeel doesn't make much noise, while an activated one does. As already mentioned, it loses the suction effect and it is really useful.

Sazan is the wind that I'm just spamming quite a bit.

The dark spell is Namegid which is also worth using with Elysion regardless if you have a dark build or not as long as you have enough PP to sustain it for bosses.

Although, still not seeing what makes it the best like some do. I just think it's great but it'll never be the best everywhere. Maybe someone can point out what I'm doing wrong. Besides using Sazan twice on Org Blan's tail before I realized what I was doing.
    I enjoyed watching that. Did you max Uncharged tech skill? Whats your class/sub and builds?
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

Damn. Gonna need to buy more trees. Besides elysions boost, T- ATK high up helps alot? I figured it didnt even at 5sp and its flat dmg o.o

EDIT: Does this work as FO/TE too? or is it less dmg? or not enough equip stat for Elysion?
    PSO2 - Ship 2

For me, an extra 120 T-atk is roughly an extra 7% damage overall. With how the damage formula works static gains vary.

Can't equip Elysion without like 51 S-atk on mag as Fo/Te.

TATK High Up is one of the few places where a static stat gain can be worth it, if you happened to be headed that way or have no other choices (well, then it's by definition worth it, if that tree won't be used for anything else).

It's nice for an ice tree, and it's nice for an elysion user.

Also worth noting is that the higher the enemy's def, the more worth it it becomes - not necessarily by leaps and bounds, but if you're the kind of person that will buy another tree for a few percent that adding 150 tatk to 2200 tatk vs a light enemy with 500 def (8.8% more damage) compared to an enemy with 800 def (10.7% more damage), then that's something else to consider. Personally, I like things that hit bosses harder, but it varies between people and builds.

(I have no idea if those def values are what you'd see ingame, the only stat tables I've seen lack def & atk values and instead just have multipliers to damage types and elements).

edit:
    Also, I meant to reply to the original topic at hand earlier...

A while back, with how the damage formula was thought to work, having some dex was the generally accepted thing to do. The apparently stabilized damage, plus accessibility to some more dex weapos, was nice. 20-30 was all you needed. Now that they've apparently (I haven't read it myself, but I've read peoples' translations of it) stated that non-extended rares actually completely ignore low dex and instead give you a specific minimum damage value that changes things. Someone with a guld milla can throw dex to the wind and go with a 175 ratk mag (like me!). Give me a crafted yas 9k though and my low dex will come out and bite me in the ass.

So, using crafted items = have dex
    Using dex-requiring weapons = have a bit less dex
    Using good rares = don't worry about it

edit2: That said, Sega loves to take what's ideal right now and turn everything on its head. You can expect dex to be a requirement for some things at some point in the future. Tomorrow? Next year? Who knows. That was the third reason to get a bit of dex - futureproofing yourself.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Feb 20, 2014 at 09:37 AM.

So not having a pure talk won't matter much in billions build? I'm not gonna want to invest that much time and resources into building a pure mag.
    PSO2 - Ship 2

As giga said, pure T-ATK makes a difference if your enemy has high defense, but raising it gives diminishing results, especially when used against enemies with low defense. And you can probably guess how high SH enemies' defenses are if you can easily deal bajillions of damage without WB. Multipliers, on the other hand, suffer against highly armored opponents, which, thankfully, do not exist.

Oh, it matters. If you're using an elysion your dex shouldn't matter based on what was stated about the damage formula in sakai's blog.

Basically, as I understood it, here's how it works:
    Your dex is used to determine your minimum damage vs. an enemy. Let's say that this is 80% of your damage.
    Your weapon, an Elysion, has a minimum minimum damage value - let's say 90% (I dunno what it actually is, but the blog mentioned this was a common value for good weapons)
    The elysion's minimum damage value is better than the minimium damage value determined by comparing dex values
    Your new minimum damage value is 90%

However...
    Let's say you have a whole ton of dex. Dex is coming out of your ears. Your minimum damage value vs. an enemy, based on dex, is 91%.
    This surpasses the elysion's own minimum damage value of 90%
    Your new minimum damage value is 91%
    But having all of this dex means you have less tatk, so your maximum and minimum are lower than if you went straight tatk

I don't know 100% that this is how it works, but what I've seen most recently indicates this is how it all fits together.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Feb 20, 2014 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arksenth View Post
    You're actually whining because you had the good fortune to +10 it once with 200k, and then the good fortune to +10 it AGAIN for only 3m?

Sigh, the nerve of poor people.
    Please. Kill yourself. Not everyone is in a team full of people that do TACOs. I wanna kick everyone in my team in the ass so they actually do TACOs. I'm sort of on the verge of leaving anyway, since it's really damn quiet.
    Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    Please. Kill yourself. Not everyone is in a team full of people that do TACOs. I wanna kick everyone in my team in the ass so they actually do TACOs. I'm sort of on the verge of leaving anyway, since it's really damn quiet.
    I'm in a team with people who seem to have a phobia of doing TAs. With the exception of two, maybe three members out of like 9 or 10, on the rare occasion I've been able to convince them they are in fact not "bad" at doing them (seriously, how can you be bad at standing on a button?) they grumbled practically the whole time.

Yet I get in 2 runs most days. You see, there's this thing called a friends list...