Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

I just go with JP random parties that say TA 5. They're pretty decent most of the time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Oh, it matters. If you're using an elysion your dex shouldn't matter based on what was stated about the damage formula in sakai's blog.

Basically, as I understood it, here's how it works:
    Your dex is used to determine your minimum damage vs. an enemy. Let's say that this is 80% of your damage.
    Your weapon, an Elysion, has a minimum minimum damage value - let's say 90% (I dunno what it actually is, but the blog mentioned this was a common value for good weapons)
    The elysion's minimum damage value is better than the minimium damage value determined by comparing dex values
    Your new minimum damage value is 90%

However...
    Let's say you have a whole ton of dex. Dex is coming out of your ears. Your minimum damage value vs. an enemy, based on dex, is 91%.
    This surpasses the elysion's own minimum damage value of 90%
    Your new minimum damage value is 91%
    But having all of this dex means you have less tatk, so your maximum and minimum are lower than if you went straight tatk

I don't know 100% that this is how it works, but what I've seen most recently indicates this is how it all fits together.
    I see. So not having that extra 63 T-atk from the mag(my mag is 105 T-atk) makes a big difference?
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

I would hardly call ~3% big.

Ok. Now the only thing I need to do is fine Sazan 16. I wish they would increase the chances for red boxes to appear.

Is their any other good uncharged tech that you would recommend spamming until I can lvl 16 Sazan?
    PSO2 - Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Aussei View Post
    Also, I had a DEX - T-ATK MAG at one point and it wasn't that bad. I did less damage than everyone else, but my damage was more stable rather than sporadic.(?) Instead of 600-2k+ it was more like 800-2k+.
    Sounds like you're using a non-rare/crafted weapon. If you were using a rare you'd be doing really close as your maximum damage.

However...
    Let's say you have a whole ton of dex. Dex is coming out of your ears. Your minimum damage value vs. an enemy, based on dex, is 91%.
    This surpasses the elysion's own minimum damage value of 90%
    Your new minimum damage value is 91%
    But having all of this dex means you have less tatk, so your maximum and minimum are lower than if you went straight tatk

I don't know 100% that this is how it works, but what I've seen most recently indicates this is how it all fits together.
    Minimum damage is capped at effectively using 90% of your weapon's attack value. What the rare weapon bonus does is put you at the cap without any DEX investment.

For an Elysion, adding on DEX won't actually improve damage in any way.

Anything less than ~4-6% will have minimums lower than maximum of the previous setup. So you're likely to see the same number, say, 4000, even after improving damage by that amount. On top of that, you probably won't see a noticeable decrease in # of attacks needed to kill/break something without a much, much higher improvement.
    Last edited by Walkure; Feb 20, 2014 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
    Sounds like you're using a non-rare/crafted weapon. If you were using a rare you'd be doing really close as your maximum damage.

Minimum damage is capped at effectively using 90% of your weapon's attack value. What the rare weapon bonus does is put you at the cap without any DEX investment.

For an Elysion, adding on DEX won't actually improve damage in any way.
    I don't know if you've tested it or not, but most things I read say that the minimum damage cap is 95%, leaving room for improvement over the rare weapon minimum damage value.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Ok. Now the only thing I need to do is fine Sazan 16. I wish they would increase the chances for red boxes to appear.

Is their any other good uncharged tech that you would recommend spamming until I can lvl 16 Sazan?
    bump..
    PSO2 - Ship 2

Namegid and sazonde are good at all levels.

So at the end of the day, nobody really knows how valuable dex is. Well I am using a crafted fist for my hunter, and compared to his regular attack as a fighter with normal 10* fists he does twice as much. ;S same s-atk value.

Also that % by the PA attack is how much extra damage you get from the skill (100% of your dex is added to the attack value etc) (Correct me if I'm wrong this is just an assumption)
    Last edited by FacelessRed; Feb 20, 2014 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessRed View Post

Also that % by the PA attack is how much extra damage you get from the skill (100% of your dex is added to the attack value etc)
    No it's not. The dex% on PAs is for damage variance. It's really simple to test that dex doesn't increase max damage. A shunka with 0 s.atk on mag will crit for the amount as a shunka with a 175 dex mag.