Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default This game's economy is upsetting.

I realize there are plenty of ways to "make" money on this game, but the makers of the game have VERY DELIBERATELY limited the number of ways that any appreciable amount of NEW money is allowed to circulate into the economy.

If too many people decided to try other means for making money (ie. affixing certain units or hunting valuables) in lieu of Time Attacks, the amount of NEW MONEY entering the economy would decrease because of the decreased participation in TA.

I have never once played an MMO in which there was only one reliable way for new money to enter the economy (WoW comes close), nor have I played a game that selected such a niche pocket of quests for the circulation of new money. At least WoW had a large number of quests to choose from, all of which paid fair sums. PSO2 gets FIVE Time Attack quests (poorly designed, at that), and no matter how many characters you have or how many difficulties you subject yourself to per day, there's FIVE QUESTS THAT ARE EXACTLY THE SAME EVERY TIME, that must be played OVER AND OVER AGAIN, to reliably circulate new money into the economy.

Any player who steps back and views this game's economic engine as a whole should be insulted at how "controlling" this is.

Why aren't there any enjoyable ways to bring new money into the economy? Before you remark that you "enjoy" Time Attack, please remember that not everyone enjoys these quests after playing them hundreds of times. I LIKE the randomness of Free Field maps, but the game severely "punishes" the general economy of the game by not allowing money to be created during normal play!

"You spent that two hours just questing for fun? Congrats, you made like 70K Meseta. You should have been spending that time working on Time Attacks!"

What a sad state of affairs. It seems like Sega is afraid everyone will quit the game if they allowed other outlets for the generation of new wealth.

I feel helpless. Nobody of any importance is going to read this or change anything.
    Last edited by MidCap; Feb 20, 2014 at 07:34 PM.

Ah yes all of that in op's post^ :C I personally LOATH time attacks myself I only do them if I have finished everything else I wanted done first or someone I know needs help in them.

Before the npc resell nerf makeing meseta was ok ish via random quests.

But then sega freaked over the rmt beginning to happen along with some botters.

If by some very rare chance you get a my shop pass though things can go pretty well for a short time.

BO is useless. RIP PUGs. btw-Niji's Avatar

Those TA quests aren't poorly designed. : (

... but we seriously need more of them added ...

And you like randomness? That's the whole problem with this game. >_> Honestly, we need more quests that aren't random.

Anyway, economy in PSO games have always sucked. No reason to be surprised... unless you're new to this series.
    #1 PSOW Poster 2014 (Voted by Shiyo and infiniteeverlasting)

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failurelol View Post
    You wanna continue feel free to message me in game anytime you want. Failurelol/Failure/12512110. Ill be more than happy to make you cry and commit suicide you worthless keyboard warrior monitor tan weeabo LOOOL

You may bitch about pso2's market but it's no DogeCoin

I make enough meseta as it is. Just dont be one of those dum dum's who wastes it all on playing Dress Up Online 2, and surely not Lobby Actions.
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

BO is useless. RIP PUGs. btw-Niji's Avatar

lol yes, stop playing the dress up / dance game. It's very easy to make meseta in this game. I barely try-- I just play the game normally and it goes up fast.

Poor people!
    #1 PSOW Poster 2014 (Voted by Shiyo and infiniteeverlasting)

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failurelol View Post
    You wanna continue feel free to message me in game anytime you want. Failurelol/Failure/12512110. Ill be more than happy to make you cry and commit suicide you worthless keyboard warrior monitor tan weeabo LOOOL

You don't own every lobby action, one of every outfit you can equip, AND powerful weapons? Casual.

Quote Originally Posted by MidCap View Post
    Nobody of any importance
    Well i'm sorreh :T

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    I make enough meseta as it is. Just dont be one of those dum dum's who wastes it all on playing Dress Up Online 2, and surely not Lobby Actions.
    Yeah, OP, whatever you do, don't waste your money on fun things, you casual pleb....even if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    You don't own every lobby action, one of every outfit you can equip, AND powerful weapons? Casual.
    Like you need any dances other then breakdance and moonwalk.

and my storage cries at the thought of being filled with those costumes.